1. Joined
    02 Apr '08
    Moves
    02 Apr '13 23:33
    My 6 year old granddaughter received an Easter balloon and instead of keeping it she decided to let it go and send it to Jesus in heaven as a thank you for Him dying for us. She then told me that she forgot to put her name on it but then said I know He was watching and knew it was from me. I told her Jesus was smiling when He got it. She asked how do you know? I told her that in the Bible it says how much Jesus loved the little children and their simple pure expressions of their faith. What a lesson for all of us.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 00:26
    Originally posted by kiki46
    My 6 year old granddaughter received an Easter balloon and instead of keeping it she decided to let it go and send it to Jesus in heaven as a thank you for Him dying for us. She then told me that she forgot to put her name on it but then said I know He was watching and knew it was from me. I told her Jesus was smiling when He got it. She asked how do you know ...[text shortened]... e little children and their simple pure expressions of their faith. What a lesson for all of us.
    Once I was sharing the gospel with a group of highschool students. They sat around me on the grass as I explained as best I could the gospel of Christ.

On another day (it might have been the next day) a young girl whom I didn't recognize told me that she had met God. I asked her how. To my surprise she told me that she was one of the people sitting and listening to me the time before.

She said that she prayed to God that she was not too smart and that He was going to have to show her what I was talking about. That night she said she had a very real dream in which many people including herself were in the sea because of a sinking ship. All were drowning. But a large hand came down from the sky and scooped her up in rescue.

God was faithful to this young mind and communicated with her in a way that she could understand His love and salvation. And I was very happy that it did not depend upon my explanations completely for this young girl's faith.
  3. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 00:36
    My 6 year old granddaughter ... What a lesson for all of us.
    Yep.
    Dont waste money on balloons for Christian children!
    😀

Seriously though - what is the lesson for all of us?
  4. Joined
    02 Apr '08
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 00:59
    Originally posted by wolfgang59
    Yep.
    Dont waste money on balloons for Christian children!
    😀

Seriously though - what is the lesson for all of us?
    All that He requires is the simple act of faith in Christ as our substitute to grant us eternal salvation.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 01:10
    All that He requires is the simple act of faith in Christ as our substitute to grant us eternal salvation.
    And pride is all that required to stop this simple act of faith. Like Jesus said, men loved darkness and would not come to the light.
    Stories like these may, however, break down that hard shell around their hearts...
    Thank you for sharing....🙂
  6. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 01:31
    OK.
    What you intended to say was a lesson for all us Christians
    It's not a lesson for me.
  7. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 03:05
    OK.
    What you intended to say was a lesson for all us Christians
    It's not a lesson for me.
    So, Wolf, why post.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 03:37
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    So, Wolf, why post.
    The OP claimed a 6 year old releasing a balloon was a lesson for all of us. I don't see it as untoward that people who do not accept this assertion say so on a public forum like this.
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 03:40
    Originally posted by FMF
    The OP claimed a 6 year old releasing a balloon was a lesson for all of us. I don't see it as untoward that people who do not accept this assertion say so on a public forum like this.
    ... why post.
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 03:44
    ... why post.
    He's a member of this community. An assertion was made about him and all of us. This is a forum for the exchange of ideas.
  11. Standard memberwolfgang59
    Quiz Master
    RHP Arms
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 03:54
    So, Wolf, why post.
    Too old to scroll back?

My question was: - what is the lesson for all of us?

btw: Why do you post so much crap?
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 04:13
    Originally posted by FMF
    Would you be inclined to agree that both Christians and Non need love?
  13. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 04:181 edit
    Too old to scroll back?

My question was: - what is the lesson for all of us?

btw: Why do you post so much crap?
    You've a right to express yourself and to defend the member
    privileges of others to express themelves as well. Yes?
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 04:33
    Would you be inclined to agree that both Christians and Non need love?
    'We all need love'. Gosh. Another one of your bumper stickerisms. Thanks for that. There is no lesson "for all of us" in the anecdote about the balloon and the folklore about "Jesus smiling".
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 04:50
    You've a right to express yourself and to defend the member
    privileges of others to express themelves as well. Yes?
    If you were defending wolfgang59's "privilege" of expressing himself, it certainly did not come across that way. 😀

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree