1. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 05:48
    Has anybody said a prayer that the released balloon didn't end up killing some form of wildlife ? Such fairy tales, like Jesus watches over us individually, being told to children as truth is ignorant. 🙄
  2. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 05:51
    Originally posted by caissad4
    Has anybody said a prayer that the released balloon didn't end up killing some form of wildlife ? Such fairy tales, like Jesus watches over us individually, being told to children as truth is ignorant. 🙄
    Ignorant of what?
  3. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 06:13
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Ignorant of what?
    Ignorant of the obvious fact of a god who takes no part in day to day activities of his "chosen" believers.
    Where was your god when Hitler murdered 11 million people ??
    Where was your god when Stalin murdered 20 million people ???
    And the list goes on and on.
    Maybe he was busy watching pretty balloons or healing someone's sore back at that time. Strange priorities, don't you think ?
    🙄
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 06:22
    Ignorant of the obvious fact of a god who takes no part in day to day activities of his "chosen" believers.
    Where was your god when Hitler murdered 11 million people ??
    Where was your god when Stalin murdered 20 million people ???
    And the list goes on and on.
    Maybe he was busy watching pretty balloons or healing someone's sore back at that time. Strange priorities, don't you think ?
    🙄
    Bad things happen therefore there is no God
  5. Standard membercaissad4
    Child of the Novelty
    San Antonio, Texas
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 06:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Certainly not the god Christians have invented. 🙄
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 06:30
    Certainly not the god Christians have invented. 🙄
    Oh, I get what your saying now.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 07:171 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    No, bad things happen at random regardless of religion. Therefore there is no God that takes special care of his followers.

Correction: bad things happen disproportionately more to those born into poor families / regions.
  8. Joined
    04 Feb '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 07:24
    Originally posted by kiki46
    My 6 year old granddaughter received an Easter balloon and instead of keeping it she decided to let it go and send it to Jesus in heaven as a thank you for Him dying for us. She then told me that she forgot to put her name on it but then said I know He was watching and knew it was from me. I told her Jesus was smiling when He got it. She asked how do you know ...[text shortened]... e little children and their simple pure expressions of their faith. What a lesson for all of us.
    adorable.

i think maybe you ought to put more emphasis on jesus' life though. just a thought, it's not my place
  9. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 09:031 edit
    Originally posted by FMF
    'We all need love'. Gosh. Another one of your bumper stickerisms. Thanks for that. There is no lesson "for all of us" in the anecdote about the balloon and the folklore about "Jesus smiling".
    FMF, your sudden tenacity would seem to suggest an unusually
    strong interest in "Expressions of faith". That's a good thing.
  10. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 09:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    If you were defending wolfgang59's "privilege" of expressing himself, it certainly did not come across that way. 😀
    Perhaps the sentence structure or words
    were, respectively, too complex or complicated.
    My apology, if so.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 09:23
    Originally posted by Grampy Bobby
    FMF, your sudden tenacity would seem to suggest an unusually
    strong interest in "Expressions of faith". That's a good thing.
    The OP poster is of course entitled to believe what he or she wants. But if the poster makes bald assertions about others that cannot be substantiated or don't make sense, then pointing this out is just part of the diversity of views that get aired here.
  12. Standard memberGrampy Bobby
    Boston Lad
    USA
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 14:15
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    And pride is all that required to stop this simple act of faith. Like Jesus said, men loved darkness and would not come to the light.
    Stories like these may, however, break down that hard shell around their hearts...
    Thank you for sharing....🙂
    Speaking of sharing, nobody's mentioned the Apparent Omission of Nostradamus [and his large following of passionate followers around the globe]. Though his program had a pretty good run from 1503 until the 2012 Winter Holiday Season, there's no factual reason for them to begin slipping away into some new light now. A Risen Nost may yet Ascend to Become King. Once Hot/now lukewarm people may well be praying to that end.
  13. Joined
    02 Apr '08
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 15:12
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi
    adorable.

i think maybe you ought to put more emphasis on jesus' life though. just a thought, it's not my place
    Any understanding or communicating of Jesus' life must begin with an understanding and acceptance of His substitutionary death on the cross. Only then do we have the ability through the ministry of The Holy Spirit to learn and understand not only about the life of Christ but the entire word of God.

With babies we must take baby steps.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 16:02
    Your post on wildlife reminds me of romans 1:25
  15. Joined
    24 Apr '05
    Moves
    03 Apr '13 17:361 edit
    Originally posted by kiki46
    My 6 year old granddaughter received an Easter balloon and instead of keeping it she decided to let it go and send it to Jesus in heaven as a thank you for Him dying for us. She then told me that she forgot to put her name on it but then said I know He was watching and knew it was from me. I told her Jesus was smiling when He got it. She asked how do you know ...[text shortened]... e little children and their simple pure expressions of their faith. What a lesson for all of us.
    I'm afraid I don't see any lesson in there for all of us. What you talk about is merely consistent with your projecting articles of faith onto little ones. At any rate, I certainly hope your granddaughter grows into a proper and healthy questioning attitude of her faith (supposing she actually has any). What will you tell her down the road if she happens to ask about what sort of rational justification you can offer for expression of faith? That would probably make for a better lesson than this story about environmental pollution offered up to a sky fairy.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree