Please turn on javascript in your browser to play chess.
Spirituality

Spirituality

1. Subscriber 667joe On Vacation
    28 Mar '10 23:47
    Faith,n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. Ambrose Bierce
  2. Standard member karoly aczel
    the Devil himself
    29 Mar '10 09:02
    Originally posted by 667joe
    Faith,n. Belief without evidence in what is told by one who speaks without knowledge, of things without parallel. Ambrose Bierce
    I believe you need faith and reason (well balanced), to continue with 'spiritual seeking'. There may be exceptions, but I dont think you're one of them. (no harm meant 🙂 )
  3. Subscriber 667joe On Vacation
    29 Mar '10 12:23
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I believe you need faith and reason (well balanced), to continue with 'spiritual seeking'. There may be exceptions, but I dont think you're one of them. (no harm meant 🙂 )
    You fit within the definition.
  4. 29 Mar '10 12:31
    for an atheist you spend a lot of time in the spirituality forum. why is that?

is it because you secretly yearn to be admitted in the club? do you seek to convert people to your religion? to demonstrate your superiority for not being able to believe in something that warms your soul, commands you to do things required anyway by social not necessarily religious standards?

either way, you have issues man. and if you don't seek professional help i fear you might one day lure jehova's witnesses to your home and torture , kill them and eat them. and sometimes not in this order.
  5. Standard member karoly aczel
    the Devil himself
    29 Mar '10 12:48
    You fit within the definition.
    You think? Is that a compliment? You know I've got a bit of a complex lately, but I guess I started it
  6. Standard member karoly aczel
    the Devil himself
    29 Mar '10 12:49 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by Zahlanzi

is it because you secretly yearn to be admitted in the club? do you seek to convert people to your religion? to demonstrate your superiority for not being able to believe in something that warms your soul, commands you to do things required anyway by social not necessarily rel witnesses to your home and torture , kill them and eat them. and sometimes not in this order.
    Lol!
    Thnx for that..../😀😀😀

Although I doubt he will have to lure them...
  7. 29 Mar '10 12:49 / 1 edit
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Lol!
    Thnx for that..../😀😀😀
    spoke from the heart
    i may have stolen the "if you don't seek professional help" from scrubs though
  8. Subscriber 667joe On Vacation
    29 Mar '10 12:53

is it because you secretly yearn to be admitted in the club? do you seek to convert people to your religion? to demonstrate your superiority for not being able to believe in something that warms your soul, commands you to do things required anyway by social not necessarily rel ...[text shortened]... witnesses to your home and torture , kill them and eat them. and sometimes not in this order.
    As many religious people, you jump to outlandish conclusions with little basis of fact.
  9. 29 Mar '10 13:05 / 1 edit
    Apparently you don't know what faith is. Faith is not blind.

Romans 10:17
    So then faith cometh by hearing, and hearing by the word of God.

The word of God is the evidence and it produces faith.
  10. 29 Mar '10 13:13
    I love Bierce and the Devil's Dictionary! 🙂
  11. 29 Mar '10 13:49
    As many religious people, you jump to outlandish conclusions with little basis of fact.
    that means you won't get help? should i warn robbie then?
  12. Subscriber 667joe On Vacation
    29 Mar '10 13:52
    that means you won't get help? should i warn robbie then?
    Still jumping to conclusions.
  13. 29 Mar '10 14:09
    Still jumping to conclusions.
    oh so you admit you need help and you promise you will get it?

Great news everyone. For robbie and galveston first and me second as i am sure jehova's witnesses won't keep you happy for long.
  14. Subscriber 667joe On Vacation
    29 Mar '10 15:17
    oh so you admit you need help and you promise you will get it?

Great news everyone. For robbie and galveston first and me second as i am sure jehova's witnesses won't keep you happy for long.
    What are you talking about?
  15. 29 Mar '10 16:52
    What are you talking about?
    about the countless jehova's witnesses spared by your otherwise inevitable murderous rampage. conditioned on you seeking professional help of course.