Faith transcends logic

Faith transcends logic

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
298d

@fmf said
Have you done anything "evil" today? I haven't.
What about that “wind” you mentioned?

Über-Nerd

Moves
297d
2 edits

@kellyjay said
Decent, or nice, doesn't answer my question? Even serial killers can be both of those things to most, but that doesn't alter the evil done by them.
decent | ˈdēs(ə)nt |
adjective
1 conforming with generally accepted standards of respectable or moral behavior: the good name of such a decent and innocent person.
• appropriate; fitting: they would meet again after a decent interval.
• not likely to shock or embarrass others: a decent high-necked dress.
• informal sufficiently clothed to see visitors: make yourself decent.
2 [attributive] of an acceptable standard; satisfactory: people need decent homes | find me a decent cup of coffee.
• good: the deer are small: a 14-inch spread is a pretty decent buck.
• British informal kind, obliging, or generous: that was pretty awfully decent of him.

Is definition 1. not good enough for you?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
297d
1 edit

@moonbus said
decent | ˈdēs(ə)nt |
adjective
1 conforming with generally accepted standards of respectable or moral behavior: the good name of such a decent and innocent person.
• informal sufficiently clothed to see visitors: make ...[text shortened]... or generous: that was pretty awfully decent of him.

A decent person or a nice person to some doesn't mean they are not corrupt, do you know anyone who is decent or nice yet still has a streak of something you have to call flawed? I told you the definition of evil, even Judas did good things, he was part of Jesus' inner circle, yet he betrayed the Lord. It isn't uncommon to hear people say nice things about someone who did a despicable thing saying they had no idea, he seemed like such a nice guy. We all have the ability to do great evil, it is within us we are all part of the same race, and we are flawed. I guess you are doing in this as you have been in some of the other discussions we have been having, just looking at the things that make you point, ignoring the rest.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
297d
1 edit

@moonbus said
decent | ˈdēs(ə)nt |
adjective
• informal sufficiently clothed to see visitors: make ...[text shortened]... or generous: that was pretty awfully decent of him.

100% percent of the time, being good, decent, or something else less than that when the mood strikes and the consequences seem limited.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
297d

@kellyjay said
I guess you are doing in this as you have been in some of the other discussions we have been having, just looking at the things that make you point, ignoring the rest.
Isn’t this exactly what you are doing KellyJay?

Über-Nerd

Moves
297d
2 edits

@kellyjay said
A decent person or a nice person to some doesn't mean they are not corrupt, do you know anyone who is decent or nice yet still has a streak of something you have to call flawed? I told you the definition of evil, even Judas did good things, he was part of Jesus' inner circle, yet he betrayed the Lord. It isn't uncommon to hear people say nice things about someone who did a ...[text shortened]... discussions we have been having, just looking at the things that make you point, ignoring the rest.
You have a streak of determination to find something dreadful in everyone. But maybe you're only projecting ...

The ability to do evil is not evil, no more than the ability to run a race is running a race. We are all susceptible to disease; susceptibility to disease is not a disease. We are all susceptible to disease; that does not mean we are all sick.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
297d

@moonbus said
You have a streak of determination to find something dreadful in everyone. But maybe you're only projecting ...

The ability to do evil is not evil, no more than the ability to run a race is running a race. We are all susceptible to disease; susceptibility to disease is not a disease. We are all susceptible to disease; that does not mean we are all sick.
I don’t have to find what is there for everyone who looks, you are the one trying to deny it. We are all susceptible to evil taking advantage, abusing, degrading, insulting, lying, and so on. Jesus raised the bar so we are even sinning in our hearts quality, so adultery and murder in our desires are enough to condemn us.

Without Christ we die in our sins.

Über-Nerd

Moves
297d

@kellyjay said
I don’t have to find what is there for everyone who looks, you are the one trying to deny it. We are all susceptible to evil taking advantage, abusing, degrading, insulting, lying, and so on. Jesus raised the bar so we are even sinning in our hearts quality, so adultery and murder in our desires are enough to condemn us.

Without Christ we die in our sins.
Desires are not immoral, only actions are.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
296d

@moonbus said
Desires are not immoral, only actions are.
Actions start within when desires come to pass. God would know.

F

Moves
296d

@kellyjay said
Thoughts precede actions. Morality governs actions when they "come to pass". A "desire" that does not "come to pass" means there is no immoral action. Morality governs human interaction. Thoughts that do not translate into behaviour [i.e. action] do not affect human interaction. But, ho hum, you are too prideful and pusillanimous to discuss such things.

Über-Nerd

Moves
296d
1 edit

@kellyjay said
Growing up starts with learning impulse control. A six-yr old should know.

F

Moves
296d

@divegeester said
What about that “wind” you mentioned?
It was an ill wind, methinks rather than an evil one.

Nil desperandum

Seedy piano bar

Moves
296d

@mchill said
For the last few months, I've read (with mild amusement) the posts of the folks here who dwell on a scriptural line, scientific theory or breakthrough, proudly displaying them here in these forums as rock - solid evidence that there is no God, and that one's faith in an omnipresent, supreme being is misplaced. I'm sorry to rain on your parade's here, but things just don't work ...[text shortened]... he existence of God - you'd be better off grabbing an Informant and playing through some G.M. games.
Martin Luther:
“Reason is a whore, the greatest enemy that faith has; it never comes to the aid of spiritual things, but more frequently than not struggles against the divine Word, treating with contempt all that emanates from God.”

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
296d

@moonbus said
Growing up starts with learning impulse control. A six-yr old should know.
Yes, when we are born we have to learn to control our impulses because they are very self-centered to the point of doing evil. That doesn't stop as we gain control, they are just as real later in life, along with controlling them we also simply learn to justify ourselves making our desires palatable to our consciousness. Our human nature we are born with remains our nature throughout all of our lives.

F

Moves
296d

@kellyjay said
Yes, when we are born we have to learn to control our impulses because they are very self-centered to the point of doing evil. That doesn't stop as we gain control, they are just as real later in life, along with controlling them we also simply learn to justify ourselves making our desires palatable to our consciousness. Our human nature we are born with remains our nature throughout all of our lives.
Do you believe that, with human beings, your God figure created monstrously evil creatures?