Faith transcends logic

Faith transcends logic

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Über-Nerd

Moves
297d

@kellyjay said
Yes, when we are born we have to learn to control our impulses because they are very self-centered to the point of doing evil. That doesn't stop as we gain control, they are just as real later in life, along with controlling them we also simply learn to justify ourselves making our desires palatable to our consciousness. Our human nature we are born with remains our nature throughout all of our lives.
You overthink things. And think too little. Both at once.

Impulses are not evil. Only actions are. If you feel you can’t stop yourself from acting out your impulses, maybe you need a psychiatrist more than a priest. Kindly stop projecting your own impulsivity onto the human race.

F

Moves
297d
1 edit

@moonbus said

Impulses are not evil. Only actions are. If you feel you can’t stop yourself from acting out your impulses, maybe you need a psychiatrist more than a priest. Kindly stop projecting your own impulsivity onto the human race.
Last year KellyJay insisted that he is equally as evil as a rapist. I responded to that in two ways: 1. speak for yourself, KellyJay, I said; and 2. if that's what your ideology makes you say, you are not a credible thinker on the topic of evil with whom one can have a serious conversation. Of course, more generally, people one can scarcely have a serious conversation with him when he just blanks out 75% of what is said to him.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
297d
2 edits

@moonbus said

You ignore things right in front of your face, in all walks of life it seems, do you watch the news, read newspapers, or listen to others speak even here about the things we do to one another? We are the human race, and what we do is all over the news, written about throughout our history, do you attempt to disassociate the most horrible things we do as if they are NOT part and parcel of what we are all capable of? Do you think you are above the evil we can do, or there is something very special about you that when you behave badly towards others all of your own justifications are just and those other people really need help, they are bad so that only the worse are evil?

Über-Nerd

Moves
297d
3 edits

@kellyjay said
You ignore things right in front of your face, in all walks of life it seems, do you watch the news, read newspapers, or listen to others speak even here about the things we do to one another? We are the human race, and what we do is all over the news, written about throughout our history, do you attempt to disassociate the most horrible things we do as if they are NOT part ...[text shortened]... ions are just and those other people really need help, they are bad so that only the worse are evil?
You’re afraid. And you ignore the good that people do every day. You watch too much news. The news tends to sensationalize bad things that happen, such as tornadoes, and bad things people do, such as invading foreign countries. The news doesn’t report on the good things people do, every day, from the mundane, loaning a neighbor a cup of flour, to the heroic, Doctors Without Borders. You are captive to a toxic ideology and you’re living in immortal fear of other people. If people are as evil as you fear they are, we wouldn’t be here; we would’ve extincted ourselves before the Old Testament was written, if people are really as evil as you fear they are.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
297d

@moonbus said
You’re afraid. And you ignore the good that people do every day. You watch too much news. The news tends to sensationalize bad things that happen, such as tornadoes, and bad things people do, such as invading foreign countries. The news doesn’t report on the good things people do, every day, from the mundane, loaning a neighbor a cup of flour, to the heroic, Doctors Without B ...[text shortened]... d ourselves before the Old Testament was written, if people are really as evil as you fear they are.
The good we do does not eliminate the evil even serial killers can be nice and kind from time to time. We share the same nature as we share our DNA, there are not two different sets of people walking around, the good and evil, we are a mixed bag sharing the ability to do both.

What we do we will be judged by the Law or by on our consciences, which will justify or condemn us, for each thing we have said and done, or not said and done. No secrets, words or deeds, all will be known, are you perfect?

F

Moves
296d

@kellyjay said
The good we do does not eliminate the evil even serial killers can be nice and kind from time to time. We share the same nature as we share our DNA, there are not two different sets of people walking around, the good and evil, we are a mixed bag sharing the ability to do both.

What we do we will be judged by the Law or by on our consciences, which will justify or condem ...[text shortened]... aid and done, or not said and done. No secrets, words or deeds, all will be known, are you perfect?
This is industrial strength misanthropy.

F

Moves
296d

@kellyjay said
No secrets, words or deeds, all will be known, are you perfect?
Why does anyone need to be "perfect"?

F

Moves
296d
2 edits

@KellyJay
Why do you never say anything optimistic or philanthropic about people? Is there nothing positive about your religious beliefs?

Why not start a thread that highlights some of the positive sides of your faith?

Über-Nerd

Moves
295d
1 edit

@kellyjay said

What we do we will be judged by the Law or by on our consciences, which will justify or condem ...[text shortened]... aid and done, or not said and done. No secrets, words or deeds, all will be known, are you perfect?
The evil some people do from time to time does not erase all the good that people do, every day, all over the world, and even in danger of their own lives sometimes. Every day, millions of medical doctors and nurses treat hundreds of millions of sick and injured people, to heal and comfort them. They work gruellingly long hours and often for very low pay, and are often exposed to highly contagious diseases. Why do you think they do that? Because they're evil? I think not. I think they do it because they're basically compassionate and want to help people in distress, which, BTW, is what Jesus preached: compassion for all that lives and suffers. Every day, policemen and firemen and ambulance drivers and helicopter rescue pilots go to work, work that is sometimes terrifyingly dangerous. Why do you think they do that? Because they're evil? I think not. I think they do it because they're basically compassionate and want to help people in distress. Every night, people who work in shelters for the homeless take in destitute people and give them a place to sleep and some food. Why do you think they do that? Because they're evil? I think not. I think they do it because they're basically compassionate and want to help people who have fallen on hard times. When a hurricane or an earthquake hits a poor country, like Haiti or a remote region of Pakistan, people all over the world send in rescue teams, sniffer dogs, food and medical supplies, heavy lifting equipment, and so on. Why do you think they do that? Because they're evil? I think not. I think they do it because they're basically compassionate and want to help people in distress. Shall I go on ?

You've rendered your judgement and it's plain to all what it is. Some people would say a man sees only what he wants to see; you, on the other hand, see only what you don't want to see: toxic negativity.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
295d
2 edits

@moonbus said
The evil some people do from time to time does not erase all the good that people do, every day, all over the world, and even in danger of their own lives sometimes. Every day, millions of medical doctors and nurses treat hundreds of millions of sick and injured people, to heal and comfort them. They work gruellingly long hours and often for very low pay, and are often expos ...[text shortened]... wants to see; you, on the other hand, see only what you don't want to see: toxic negativity.
You are simply ignoring the fact that it is people all over the world doing both good and evil because it is in our nature. We always choose what we want to do, and we meditate on some actions weighing the cost if we do what we want can we live with the results, and sometimes we choose badly. In this conversation, I don't think there is a debate on if there is good and evil and people do both. What I think you need to grasp none of us only do good, that is beyond us in our fallen state. Simply because some of us do really good things in life doesn't void the other things done as well even by the same people, let alone those that don't care for others at all.

1 John 1:8
If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves, and the truth is not in us.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
295d

@moonbus said

Your complaint is a contradiction, both at once, too little while overthinking. You seem to think this way a lot on many topics holding contradictory thoughts as true at the same time.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
294d
2 edits

@fmf said
@KellyJay
Why do you never say anything optimistic or philanthropic about people? Is there nothing positive about your religious beliefs?

Why not start a thread that highlights some of the positive sides of your faith?
KellyJay’s philosophy summed up:

- Everyone ever born is truly evil
- But God still said “go forth and multiply” anyway knowing that subsequently all those born would be burnt alive for eternity by himself
- So he sent Jesus to be a victor and conquer death
- Jesus saved those “few who found the “straight gate”
- Countless billions don’t find the gate
- Jesus is in hell personally overseeing their eternal torture
- Meanwhile gravity doesn’t exist

And he wonders why the numbers of people attending his church are dwindling.

Cryptic

Behind the scenes

Moves
293d
2 edits

@fmf said
Last year KellyJay insisted that he is equally as evil as a rapist. I responded to that in two ways: 1. speak for yourself, KellyJay, I said; and 2. if that's what your ideology makes you say, you are not a credible thinker on the topic of evil with whom one can have a serious conversation. Of course, more generally, people one can scarcely have a serious conversation with him when he just blanks out 75% of what is said to him.
Last year KellyJay insisted that he is equally as evil as a rapist.

KellyJay is correct, and this goes for everyone that is walking this planet. Jesus paid the penalty for all our sins. Only through faith in him can we stand blameless in the presence of our creator.

P.S. I think KellyJay is a credible thinker.

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
293d
1 edit

@mchill said
I think KellyJay is a credible thinker.
KellyJay believes that the universe, the earth and all life on it is approximately 6,000 years old.

He also denies the scientific explanation for gravity; probably because he’s holding to some human version of Biblical geocentric cosmology which asserts that the earth is flat.

Do you think these ideas represent “credible thinking”?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
293d

@mchill said
Last year KellyJay insisted that he is equally as evil as a rapist.

KellyJay is correct, and this goes for everyone that is walking this planet.
On what biblical basis are you making this assertion?