1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 07:44
    Originally posted by Grobzilla
    Nobody else has said it, so I will. And since many are speaking in absolutes without proof or even debate, I will too:

All religion is false.

I can't believe it took this long.
    It didn't. That has been said to Dasa before. You are apparently too new on this forum to know.
  2. Joined
    16 Nov '07
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 11:24
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    It didn't. That has been said to Dasa before. You are apparently too new on this forum to know.
    I didn't realize I had to be a student of the entire forum before commenting on the focus of the thread.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Nov '12 18:43
    I didn't realize I had to be a student of the entire forum before commenting on the focus of the thread.
    Yes, that's the way it works here. Many people get tired of repeating themselves, especially with Dasa and the JWs who keep getting amnesia. 😏
  4. Joined
    16 Nov '07
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 05:02
    Yes, that's the way it works here. Many people get tired of repeating themselves, especially with Dasa and the JWs who keep getting amnesia. 😏
    You'll forgive me if I don't take your advice. I'm familiar enough with your site presence to know not to.
  5. Standard memberSoothfast
    Planet Rain
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 09:20
    Originally posted by Dasa
    This web-site shows the brutal side of the false religion Islam.

Discretion advised.

www.BareNakedIslam.acidattacks

False relgion must be exposed to protect the innocent.
    I am convinced that you are just some primitive BASIC program stuck in an endless do-loop that somehow has gained web access.
  6. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 09:23
    You'll forgive me if I don't take your advice. I'm familiar enough with your site presence to know not to.
    Of course, I will forgive you. I was just trying to educate you with the truth. It is entirely up to you if you want to pay attention or not.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 14:01
    Nobody else has said it, so I will. And since many are speaking in absolutes without proof or even debate, I will too:

All religion is false.

I can't believe it took this long.
    All organized religion is false. Mine is 100% true.

What about the false bits you say? well they are true too, don't ask me why, just check for yourself 🙂
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Nov '12 16:49
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    All organized religion is false. Mine is 100% true.

What about the false bits you say? well they are true too, don't ask me why, just check for yourself 🙂
    How about the part about the ban against killing of all animals? That means no more salmon dinners at Red Lobster. Very bad, for sure.
  9. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 05:27
    How about the part about the ban against killing of all animals? That means no more salmon dinners at Red Lobster. Very bad, for sure.
    You know that statement that started this thread would be true if he had just removed the word false.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    24 Nov '12 06:27
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    You know that statement that started this thread would be true if he had just removed the word false.
    God knows we need religion in our civilization for there can be no civilization without religion. Most of us don't know the truth, so we need false religion to let us understand what is false, so we can know what is truth. This probably does not make any sense to you for you are still lacking knowledge of the truth.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Nov '12 14:16
    You shouldn't kill living stuff if you can avoid it.

When it comes down to it, meat is consumed for the taste, which is habitualized , learned from an early age. It's really that little inch piece of tounge where your taste buds reside that meat eaters are satisfying.
    There is not enough evidence to say we need to eat meat. And if you do look at the evidence, a vegetarian world seems to have more pros than cons.

(How did we get ont this? Oh that's right, I said something and you replied to something else altogether, not for the first time either mind you. STAY ON TOPIC)

But while we're at it, I would also say not to kill your plants.
    Sometimes it is necessary to take life, but really we must revise our motivations and ideas about our place in the world. I know your bible says man has dominion over animals and that the plants were provided for him to use as he sees fit, but for one who is in touch with life- with the source of life, one will immediatley recognize every lifes right to exist and live to it's fullest capacity.

Then again, I dont think this should be banned - that laws against killing animals should be introduced. We have enough laws already. The judicial system is already overly convoluted and basically effed up.
  12. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    29 Nov '12 14:18
    God knows we need religion in our civilization for there can be no civilization without religion. Most of us don't know the truth, so we need false religion to let us understand what is false, so we can know what is truth. This probably does not make any sense to you for you are still lacking knowledge of the truth.
    Oh pllllease!

No civilization without religion? Why the hell not? Please explain
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    29 Nov '12 16:03
    Oh pllllease!

No civilization without religion? Why the hell not? Please explain
    You know the answer to everything. So you explain, Mr. Smarty Pants! 😏
  14. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    29 Nov '12 16:24
    You shouldn't kill living stuff if you can avoid it.
    What about killing undead stuff then?
  15. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    29 Nov '12 16:51
    Civilizations have life cycles. Civilizations rise and fall, are born and die and are succeeded by others. The enshrinement of moral values in religion and the identification of their source with an authoritative god is a useful convention in the early life of a civilization. Identification of the government with the religion, can help maintain governmental control. Religion can also justify violence against competing or exploitable peoples, can support higher esthetic callings, establish rites and rituals that mark socially important events like marriage, etc. It may be that the decline of religion in a civilization that depends on it in these ways, correlates with the decline of that civilization on the world stage. It may be that a civilization can be transformed (revitalized but at some cost to the culture) by the rise of a new religion within it, but a secular or only nominally religious value system can do the same. All of these things are for the sociologists and historians to study.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree