Falsity of the Quaran Bible and Torah

Falsity of the Quaran Bible and Torah

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by Dasa
NO..........You just need to get hold of true knowledge and whack the atheists over the head with it.

This will wake them up.

But if they are pretending to be asleep.......you will never wake them up.
They have been hypnotized by a strong delusion that they believe the
lie rather than the truth of God.

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by sumydid
The HOLY BOOK of Christians is both a historical document and a document that provides a standard for living righteously. It depends on the speaker, the context, and mostly which Covenant is involved.

Because several thousand years ago a shekel amount was assigned to "vows" -- and the men were made to pay MORE out of their pocket than the women, has abso ...[text shortened]... the Bible. I wouldn't expect anything less. But do try to speak thoughtfully and honestly.
There is absolutely no righteousness while killing animals for the satisfaction of the uncontrolled senses.

Sense control is the beginning of the spiritual life.

If one cannot control the mind and senses - their spiritual life has not even begun.

F

Moves
26 Sep 11

There is absolutely no righteousness while killing animals for the satisfaction of the uncontrolled senses.

If one cannot control the mind and senses - their spiritual life has not even begun.
My spiritual life is in its 5th decade. The fact that I have not made the same lifestyle choices and I am not a vegetarian - has not been a hindrance or indeed a factor of any kind. Different strokes, Dasa.

Kali

PenTesting

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
It appears to me from reading Genesis that God considered the Sun a
special "big ball of fire" with a special purpose. It almost forgets to
mention that God made the stars also. I suppose you are referring to
some of these stars as "suns". I think you should rethink this idea in
view of what the Holy Bible says.
Excuse me??
What is wrong with calling our sun a star or the stars out there suns.
So if I refer to Earth as the third planet from our sun, would that be wrong also?

D
Dasa

Brisbane Qld

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by FMF
My spiritual life is in its 5th decade. The fact that I have not made the same lifestyle choices and I am not a vegetarian - has not been a hindrance or indeed a factor of any kind. Different strokes, Dasa.
No....your material life is in its 5th decade.

Your spiritual life has not begun.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Sep 11
1 edit

Originally posted by Rajk999
Excuse me??
So if I refer to Earth as the third planet from our sun, would that be wrong also?
I found that a very odd comment too. I'm glad you pulled it up🙂

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Sep 11

No....your material life is in its 5th decade.

My spiritual life started proper about 12 years ago.

We really need to clear up the liguistics here, which your too-ing and froing with FMF,etc. hasn't done nearly enough of, otherwise we can read all sorts of different things into simple words strung together with an honest intention at the start of writing it.

F

Moves
26 Sep 11

I am fully aware that you believe this. But you are using an entirely subjective definition of the conventional English word "spiritual". Using self-serving definitions of common words is why you communicate so poorly.

s
Aficionado of Prawns

Not of this World

Moves
26 Sep 11

The 2 posts are vaguely related at best but, I guess you are knocking the bible because it depicts killing animals to "please" our uncontrolled senses.

If you could provide an example of that from the bible, I might understand better.

You'll have to speak to me in layman's terms because your knowledge and wisdom are far beyond mine.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by Rajk999
Excuse me??
There is nothing wrong with your statement, except for calling the stars
out there suns. There is only one sun and it gives heat and light to the
earth. It has been specially placed where it is for a special purpose by
God. I doubt if you were to start saying "the rising star" instead of
"the rising sun" anyone would understand you without you explaining it
to them. Then they would probably think you weird.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I found that a very odd comment too. I'm glad you pulled it up🙂
Dasa and I have no problem with it. What's up?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
Dasa and I have no problem with it. What's up?
Frankly I thought it to be very petty and very unlikely to be taken very seriously by any of the posters here as to sway us to your view, quite the opposite!

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by karoly aczel
Frankly I thought it to be very petty and very unlikely to be taken very seriously by any of the posters here as to sway us to your view, quite the opposite!
Don't worry about it. I've been wrong in the past, too. Just make sure
you learn from your mistakes and don't repeat the same ones again.

Pale Blue Dot

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by FMF
It's the intimacy and sheer presumption of your "we" that I find odd. I may have learned and know far more than you. Or I may know far less and may be, for all intents and purposes, a member of the lumpen class, for want of a better word. So your "When will we ever learn...?" seems like an extraordinary shot in the dark. 😀
Since the question is rhetorical and the "we" refers to society, in what way does your and my particular knowledge statuses have any bearing on the matter? In fact the only "intimacy" and "sheer presumption" seems to rest with you, FMF.

Pale Blue Dot

Moves
26 Sep 11

Originally posted by FMF
😴

What "support for ahosyney" were you talking about?
I was trying to imagine a possible world in which it might be appropriate to respond to my rhetorical question "When will we ever learn...?" with "Actually I have absolutely no idea what you consider you have learnt or still need to learn, let alone whether you will 'ever learn' it." In one such world you endorse ahosyney's position, in another you cannot read, while in another you were worried that citing a thread in which ahosyney supports stoning for adultery provided certain conditions are met may be construed as tacit endorsement of ahosyney's position and rushed to quell my post as it was critical of ahosyney and didn't serve your agenda.