Moves
    26 Dec '11 17:55
    3rd bump for either robbie or Gal...?
  2. PenTesting
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 18:12
    Originally posted by divegeester
    3rd bump for either robbie or Gal...?
    At this time Galveston might be having lunch with the one or two members of his un-excommunicated family. He might be lunching and discussing how most of their excommunicated family had satanic beliefs.

Probably Robbie doing the same time over dinner with his family.

Maybe we should stop trying to put a gold ring in a pigs snout and let them be.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 19:39
    Just because someone disagrees with you does not automatically justify you calling them the anticghrist - are you aware of how arrogant and offensive this makes you and your organisation sound?
    If he could he'd just as soon see us disappear off this planet reguardless of the good that we do in the worldwide teaching work that he feels he's to high and mighty for. He has nothing good to say about anyone and is doing all he can to stop this work we are doing out of love for mankind. So how is someone that is trying to discredit a group of honest Christains from doing what Jesus told us to do not an antichrist?
  4. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 19:421 edit
    I asked you a question Gal:

[b]Would you kick a member of your family out of your house, if they decided they were not a JW anymore? Perhaps for example if they became a Moslem?
    [/b]
    I just explained to you what the extream situations would be and might call for that kind of drastic action to be taklen against an older child in ones family.
    Did you not read my last post that I accidently posted twice?
    I thought that was pretty clear...........and yes that would apply to my household too.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 19:43
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    At this time Galveston might be having lunch with the one or two members of his un-excommunicated family. He might be lunching and discussing how most of their excommunicated family had satanic beliefs.

6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 22:403 edits
    Originally posted by galveston75
    I just explained to you what the extream situations would be and might call for that kind of drastic action to be taklen against an older child in ones family.
    Did you not read my last post that I accidently posted twice?
    I thought that was pretty clear...........and yes that would apply to my household too.
    No, as usual you tried to defend your organisations quite arbitary position on disassosiation by presenting a complex set of possible circumstances designed to conjour up a situation when actually more common sense than obedience is in play. I am asking of you a straight-forward to the point in question response for this simple scenario:

Would you kick a member of your family out of your house, if they decided they were not a JW anymore? Perhaps for example if they became a Moslem?
    No "satanism", no demonic control just these simple facts - would you do it?
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 22:55
    No, as usual you tried to defend your organisations quite arbitary position on disassosiation by presenting a complex set of possible circumstances designed to conjour up a situation when actually more common sense than obedience is in play. I am asking of you a straight-forward to the point in question response for this simple scenario:

[b]Would you ...[text shortened]... me a Moslem?

No "satanism", no demonic control just these simple facts - would you do it?[/b]
    "If a JW joins another religion, an announcement is made to the congregation to stop associating with him." (WT 10/15/1986 p.31)

Is this what your referring to?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 23:00
    From Raj.....

1 Cor 7:13-14 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

BUT The WatchTower Organisation says.

Children should get away from disfellowshipped parents as soon as they are old enough to leave. (Watchtower, 11/15/52, p. 703. )

Children should get away from disfellowshipped parents as soon as they are old enough to leave. (Watchtower, 11/15/52, p. 703. )

If a child of someone is disfellowshipped from the Kingdom Hall, the parent is to refuse to listen to the child's reason.( Organization for Kingdom-Preaching and Disciple-Making1972, p. 173.)

Disfellowshipped children, legally of age will be kicked out of the home. (Watchtower, 11/15/52, p. 703. )

a disfellowshipped relative who does not live in the same home, contact with him is also kept to what is absolutely necessary ... even curtailed completely if at all possible.WT 7/15/1963, p. 443

"If a JW joins another religion, an announcement is made to the congregation to stop associating with him." (WT 10/15/1986 p.31)

What does this scripture that MR Raj qouted here have to do with anything of these different quotes he pasted from the WTS? The scripture is speaking of a marriage mate not children as he's accusing??????????????????
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 23:07

Is this what your referring to?
    Would you ask that family member in that scenrio to stop living in your house. It's a simple question - Yes or no?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    26 Dec '11 23:35
    Would you ask that family member in that scenrio to stop living in your house. It's a simple question - Yes or no?
    Sorry but I thought you'd get the answer from my previous post. I tried but no cigar I guess.
    As I explained very clearly I thought, unless that person was causing physical danger to the family or was bringing in some type of satanic worship or something that would disrupt the spiritual conscienceness of the family NO they would not be asked to leave.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 00:111 edit
    Sorry but I thought you'd get the answer from my previous post. I tried but no cigar I guess.
    As I explained very clearly I thought, unless that person was causing physical danger to the family or was bringing in some type of satanic worship or something that would disrupt the spiritual conscienceness of the family NO they would not be asked to leave.
    Thanks for clarifying your position Galv, which I think is absolutely the right one.

I'm still a bit confused about the JW org position on this though, because surely a disfellowshiped person who have left the JWs and become a Moslem, would have to be disassociated with also; how could this happen if they were living in the same house?

The point I'm trying to draw out here is that, writing instructions and rules about managing family members in this way is not only in practice unworkable but it also "adds to" the word of God and seems to contradict the clear guidance given especially about love, compasion and caring for your own family.

1 Tim 5:8
    If anyone does not provide for his relatives, and especially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
  12. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 03:33
    Thanks for clarifying your position Galv, which I think is absolutely the right one.

I'm still a bit confused about the JW org position on this though, because surely a disfellowshiped person who have left the JWs and become a Moslem, would have to be disassociated with also; how could this happen if they were living in the same house?

The point ...[text shortened]... specially for his immediate family, he has denied the faith and is worse than an unbeliever.
    I'll be back tomorrow. Heading off to bed as I'm not feeling well. C you later...
  13. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 03:36
    It seems Raj has a personal goal to save RC and Gal from the clutches of their cult faith.
    While RC and Gal seem bent on saving Christians from being with Christ.

😕
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 04:02
    Originally posted by Rajk999

I agree, if they will stop trying to spread their Satanic teachings.
  15. PenTesting
    Moves
    27 Dec '11 15:48
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    It seems Raj has a personal goal to save RC and Gal from the clutches of their cult faith.
    While RC and Gal seem bent on saving Christians from being with Christ.

😕
    Yep .. its a thankless job 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree