2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Dec '11 05:20
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    That is because I know the genuine Lord, which makes recognizing the
    counterfeit easy. 😏 Hallelu Yah !!!
    The only thing that our Lord and your Lord have in common is the name Jesus. Oh wait..I forgot, you don't even use that name.
    Then we have nothing in common do we????????????
  3. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    28 Dec '11 06:52
    Originally posted by galveston75
    When Discipline Is Severe
    If your child is unrepentant and is a baptized Christian, he may receive the strongest form of discipline—being disfellowshipped from the congregation. The extent of contact that you will then have with him depends on his age and other circumstances.
    If the child is a minor and is living at home, you will naturally continue ...[text shortened]... your child.—1 Peter 5:9.

From the Watchtower 2007. A little newer update on the 1952 issues.
    So what if this child just does not want to be a J-Dub anymore but still believes in God ?

Manny
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    28 Dec '11 06:56
    Do you understand the reasons for the dicipline that the bible speaks of for ones who brake God's laws, even if it's a family member?
    brake like brake pads ? dude this is cult 100% So how is not wanting to be a J-Dub breaking God's laws? The J-Dubs have been around 100+ years but people have believed in God long before there was any JW's

Manny
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '11 11:22
    Well again I thought I answered this point too but when did we say we stopped loving or caring for one of our family if they decide they no longer want to be a JW? I certianly didn't and Robbie did and the WTS didn't..did we?
    Here is a litttle more info with "scriptures".

" At times, we are called upon to withdraw our fellowship from one who has be ...[text shortened]... eds to come to his senses and take the steps necessary to return to Jehovah.—Hebrews 12:11.
    You always seem to "think" you have answered the question Galv but you hardly ever actually address the specific question put to you. What you always do is defend the doctrine taught you by the JW organisation, and not consider the questions relating to the outworking of that doctrine.

None of the scriptures you quoted above address the scenario I asked you about which was:

"would you kick an immediate family member (wife, daughter etc.) out of your house if they told you they no longer wanted to be a JW and had decided to be for example a born-again Christian?

There is no evidence of Satanism, drunkenness, fornication or other anti-social behaviour just the above example where they have apostatised from the JW organisation to become a Christian in another organisation.

Please stick to the example because it is this type of examples that test the rule.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Dec '11 17:48
    Originally posted by menace71
    So what if this child just does not want to be a J-Dub anymore but still believes in God ?

Manny
    This has been answered in previous post.....
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Dec '11 17:54
    Originally posted by menace71
    brake like brake pads ? dude this is cult 100% So how is not wanting to be a J-Dub breaking God's laws? The J-Dubs have been around 100+ years but people have believed in God long before there was any JW's

Manny
    Sorry for the typo's and thanks for pointing them out.

Again what does the Bible say about the majority of ones who think they are worshipping God correctly? Remember the "broad and spacious way" that most will go down?
    So in light of that description in your Bible it would seem that most who believe in God will not be in God's favour unless you have some new light given to you by God.
    So the size and age of a religion has no clout in God's eyes.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Dec '11 17:57
    Originally posted by divegeester
    You always seem to "think" you have answered the question Galv but you hardly ever actually address the specific question put to you. What you always do is defend the doctrine taught you by the JW organisation, and not consider the questions relating to the outworking of that doctrine.

None of the scriptures you quoted above address the scenario I as ...[text shortened]... ation.

Please stick to the example because it is this type of examples that test the rule.
    Or perhaps is your'e lack of understanding those scriptures?????????????

God makes it very clear that if one is not wanting to see the truth, he will not allow them to see it.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '11 18:02

God makes it very clear that if one is not wanting to see the truth, he will not allow them to see it.
    Do you think constantly avoiding questions about your beliefs makes them or you more, or less credible?
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Dec '11 19:41
    Do you think constantly avoiding questions about your beliefs makes them or you more, or less credible?
    I'm avoiding nothing. I'm stating the obvious and that is you don't understand those scriptures, and I can't help you there.
    Just because you can't understand them does not negate what there clearly saying and it's your problem that you also don't like my answers or that they don't agree with your opinions. They are what they are.
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '11 22:22
    I'm avoiding nothing. I'm stating the obvious and that is you don't understand those scriptures, and I can't help you there.
    Just because you can't understand them does not negate what there clearly saying and it's your problem that you also don't like my answers or that they don't agree with your opinions. They are what they are.
    OK, here is the hypothetical question (postedat least twice already); it requires primarily a yes or a no response, but can be followed by whatever rational and reason you would like to accompany it with. But you need to answer the question...

"would you kick an immediate family member (wife, daughter etc.) out of your house if they told you they no longer wanted to be a JW and had decided to be for example a born-again Christian?

There is no evidence of Satanism, drunkenness, fornication or other anti-social behaviour just the above example where they have apostatised from the JW organisation to become a Christian in another organisation.[/b]
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Dec '11 22:35
    The only thing that our Lord and your Lord have in common is the name Jesus. Oh wait..I forgot, you don't even use that name.
    Then we have nothing in common do we????????????
    Even though I believe His name is Yahshua, I still use the name Jesus for you
    and others to respect your beliefs, since at the end of the age He will have a
    new name anyway.
  13. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Dec '11 22:38

That's you alright. 😏
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    28 Dec '11 23:39
    Bump for galveston
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    29 Dec '11 00:06
    OK, here is the hypothetical question (postedat least twice already); it requires primarily a [b]yes or a no response, but can be followed by whatever rational and reason you would like to accompany it with. But you need to answer the question...

"would you kick an immediate family member (wife, daughter etc.) out of your house if they t ...[text shortened]... ey have apostatised from the JW organisation to become a Christian in another organisation.[/b]
    Back on page three I answered this but here it is "again."

Sorry but I thought you'd get the answer from my previous post. I tried but no cigar I guess.
    As I explained very clearly I thought, unless that person was causing physical danger to the family or was bringing in some type of satanic worship or something that would disrupt the spiritual conscienceness of the family NO they would not be asked to leave.

Do you see the word NO in my answer from page 3?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree