1. PenTesting
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 13:25
    Family Life is very important in the Bible. Good relationships between siblings, between husband and wife, between parents and children are encouraged. Even when one spouse is a believer and the other is not, there is advice to tolerate the unbeliever. In fact the unbeliever is sanctified by the believer in the family.

The Apostle Paul says:

1 Cor 7:13-14 And the woman which hath an husband that believeth not, and if he be pleased to dwell with her, let her not leave him. For the unbelieving husband is sanctified by the wife, and the unbelieving wife is sanctified by the husband: else were your children unclean; but now are they holy.

BUT The WatchTower Organisation says.

Children should get away from disfellowshipped parents as soon as they are old enough to leave. (Watchtower, 11/15/52, p. 703. )

Children should get away from disfellowshipped parents as soon as they are old enough to leave. (Watchtower, 11/15/52, p. 703. )

If a child of someone is disfellowshipped from the Kingdom Hall, the parent is to refuse to listen to the child's reason.( Organization for Kingdom-Preaching and Disciple-Making1972, p. 173.)

Disfellowshipped children, legally of age will be kicked out of the home. (Watchtower, 11/15/52, p. 703. )

a disfellowshipped relative who does not live in the same home, contact with him is also kept to what is absolutely necessary ... even curtailed completely if at all possible.WT 7/15/1963, p. 443

"If a JW joins another religion, an announcement is made to the congregation to stop associating with him." (WT 10/15/1986 p.31)
  2. England
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 20:37
    if they follow what you have indercated and i followed this thinking well i would be lonely this xmas.
  3. Joined
    29 Dec '08
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 21:53
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Family Life is very important in the Bible. Good relationships between siblings, between husband and wife, between parents and children are encouraged. Even when one spouse is a believer and the other is not, there is advice to tolerate the unbeliever. In fact the unbeliever is sanctified by the believer in the family.

The Apostle Paul says:

1 Cor 7 ...[text shortened]... ouncement is made to the congregation to stop associating with him." (WT 10/15/1986 p.31)
    Your campaign is noted.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 22:29

The Apostle Paul says:

1 Cor 7 ...[text shortened]... ouncement is made to the congregation to stop associating with him." (WT 10/15/1986 p.31)
    I see that is another place where the Watchtower has not yet re-interpreted
    in the NWT to agree with their teachings. Good job in pointing that out.
    😲
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    20 Dec '11 23:00
    When Discipline Is Severe
    If your child is unrepentant and is a baptized Christian, he may receive the strongest form of discipline—being disfellowshipped from the congregation. The extent of contact that you will then have with him depends on his age and other circumstances.
    If the child is a minor and is living at home, you will naturally continue to take care of his physical needs. He also requires moral training and discipline, and you have the responsibility to provide these. (Proverbs 1:8-18; 6:20-22; 29:17) You may want to conduct a Bible study with him, involving his direct participation. You can draw his attention to various scriptures and to the publications provided by “the faithful and discreet slave.” (Matthew 24:45) You can also take the child with you to Christian meetings and have him sit with you. All of this can be done in hopes that he will take Scriptural counsel to heart.
    The situation is different if the disfellowshipped one is not a minor and is living away from home. The apostle Paul admonished Christians in ancient Corinth: “Quit mixing in company with anyone called a brother that is a fornicator or a greedy person or an idolater or a reviler or a drunkard or an extortioner, not even eating with such a man.” (1 Corinthians 5:11) While caring for necessary family matters may require some contact with the disfellowshipped person, a Christian parent should strive to avoid needless association.
    When an erring child is disciplined by Christian shepherds, it would be unwise if you were to reject or minimize their Bible-based action. Siding with your rebellious child would not be providing any real protection from the Devil. Actually, you would be endangering your own spiritual health. On the other hand, by supporting the efforts of the shepherds, you will remain “solid in the faith” and will provide the best help for your child.—1 Peter 5:9.

From the Watchtower 2007. A little newer update on the 1952 issues.
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    21 Dec '11 16:33
    Originally posted by galveston75
    If your child is unrepentant and is a baptized Christian, he may receive the strongest form of discipline—being disfellowshipped from the congregation. The extent of contact that you will then have with him depends on his age and other circumstances.
    If the child is a minor and is living at home, you will naturally continue ...[text shortened]... your child.—1 Peter 5:9.

Ok .. but the point is that family life should come first. Sidelining unbelievers who are not part of your biological family is fine but when its your mother, father, brother, sister, child .. then there are other guidelines to follow..
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 06:22
    If the child is a minor and is living at home, you will naturally continue ...[text shortened]... your child.—1 Peter 5:9.

I don't see Biblical precedent in this hateful manipulation of people's family lives. The organisation you belong to is wicked in these teachings. Parents should love and support their children through the family infrastructure, no matter what they may have done to warrant being "dissfellowshipped" - i.e. booted out of the church.
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 16:59
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I don't see Biblical precedent in this hateful manipulation of people's family lives. The organisation you belong to is wicked in these teachings. Parents should love and support their children through the family infrastructure, no matter what they may have done to warrant being "dissfellowshipped" - i.e. booted out of the church.
    Do you understand the reasons for the dicipline that the bible speaks of for ones who brake God's laws, even if it's a family member?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 20:08
    Do you understand the reasons for the dicipline that the bible speaks of for ones who brake God's laws, even if it's a family member?
    Pharisee.
  10. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 20:21
    Pharisee.
  11. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    24 Dec '11 20:46

The Apostle Paul says:

I think it is opposite of the Hmong culture, they have like 5 generations living under one roof. Good why to save money.
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 04:13
    Don't try and wriggle out of it by questioning my clarity of your organisations spurious motives.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 05:13
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Don't try and wriggle out of it by questioning my clarity of your organisations spurious motives.
    I'm serious. Do you or don't you understand the reason for discipline? If not you must not have much insite to societies and how they need it to survive.
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 05:322 edits
    I'm serious. Do you or don't you understand the reason for discipline? If not you must not have much insite to societies and how they need it to survive.
    I assure you I'm serious too. Stop being so condesending, of course I understand the need for disipline; but as always you are trying to refocus the debate away from the point in question which is:

If a child of someone is disfellowshipped from the Kingdom Hall, the parent is to refuse to listen to the child's reason.( Organization for Kingdom-Preaching and Disciple-Making1972, p. 173.)

Disfellowshipped children, legally of age will be kicked out of the home. (Watchtower, 11/15/52, p. 703. )

a disfellowshipped relative who does not live in the same home, contact with him is also kept to what is absolutely necessary ... even curtailed completely if at all possible.WT 7/15/1963, p. 443

"If a JW joins another religion, an announcement is made to the congregation to stop associating with him." (WT 10/15/1986 p.31)

As stated in the OP.

Jesus mixed with sinners all the time he would never condone the casting out of a member of a family just because they didn't agree with thier religion. Good grief, can you not see how terrible this is?

Answer this please: Would you kick a member of your own family out of your house for not being a JW anymore?
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    25 Dec '11 10:33
    Whilst Galv has a think about the previous question, I can't resist posting this one for robbie carrobie:

Robbie, I see you are desperately trying to recruit for your clan; have you considered that the fear of the retribution and disenfranchisement inflicted on someone if they left your clan may in fact why you are finding it so difficult?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree