Favorite Psalms/Bible Verses

Favorite Psalms/Bible Verses

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
06 Mar 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
Maybe if I were one of his patients he would eventually convince me that I was in fact you. 😞
Yes, I would do that.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 18

Originally posted by @divegeester
Look, your a guy living by himself, well with your Mum. You must be desperate for a bit of you know, “relief”. It takes all types and just because we don’t get on well at the moment doesn’t mean all that energy can’t be channelled into some sweat and heaving, know what I mean?
You’re a low-class guy, dive. Try not to advertise it so much.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 18

It’s nearly 11am here.
About mid afternoon in UAE ex-pat land
About 6am in Romans1009 land, where he has supposedly been up all night posting...
Your ability to tell time is very impressive. How many world capitals do you know?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 18

Originally posted by @fmf
You "couldn’t care less either way"? Is this a scripturally sound stance to take with regard to Christians being homosexuals?
You’re rooted in the Old Testament. I live by the New Testament.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 18

Leave him alone, he’s obviously quite liberal about homosexuality.
Not a subject I give a great deal of thought to.

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Mar 18
1 edit

Originally posted by @romans1009
Not even during your time when you became “knowledgable in Christianity”?

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Mar 18

What are your initial thoughts on homosexuality and how it is portrayed in the bible. Some people are staunchly hard line of it being an abomination others quite liberal and feel it is acceptable.

What do you honestly think?

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 18

What are your initial thoughts on homosexuality and how it is portrayed in the bible. Some people are staunchly hard line of it being an abomination others quite liberal and feel it is acceptable.

What do you honestly think?
I honestly think you’re someone I’m not interested in having a serious conversation with

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Mar 18
1 edit

I honestly think you’re someone I’m not interested in having a serious conversation with
Look you’ve got to get past this stuff I said about you posting all night and not being able to look after your Mum, it’s true, the evidence is there but I don’t really mind if you are fibbing. I’ve gotten to quite like you mate. Maybe we could meet up huh?

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Mar 18

Have you ever had secret homosexual thoughts?

Moves
06 Mar 18
2 edits

Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
Yes, I would do that.
The irony here of course is that I’m not Romans, so you can’t convince me otherwise. This would be equivalent to you admitting that a lot of sane patients leave you convinced that they are mad thanks to you.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 18

Originally posted by @dj2becker
The irony here of course is that I’m not Romans, so you can’t convince me otherwise. This would be equivalent to you admitting that a lot of sane patients leave you convinced that they are mad thanks to you.
Ghost’s patients are more nuts when they leave a session with him than when they arrived

If you want change

Vote for it!

Moves
06 Mar 18

Ah your both back at the same time. Again.

T

Moves
06 Mar 18

I think the answer to this was provided in another thread, though not by me.

I think as Christians when we sin, we break fellowship with God, which is why when we sincerely repent and ask for forgiveness, our sins are washed away by the blood of Jesus Christ.

In this respect, it is not unlike the Old Testament in that God informed Jews of the Mosai ...[text shortened]... say that we have not sinned, we make him a liar, and his word is not in us.”

(1 John 1:5-10)
For your interpretation to be correct, you would have to disregard these verses from earlier in the same epistle from John the Apostle.

The fact of the matter is that I provided no interpretation. 1 John 3:4-10 is clear and unambiguous in what it says. It is consistent with 1 John 1:5-10. It is consistent with the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

The gospel that you believe in is not consistent with 1 John 3:4-10. The gospel that you believe in is not consistent with the gospel preached by Jesus during His ministry.

You're dishonest in how you interact with people on this forum. You're dishonest with how you interpret scripture.

In this respect, it is not unlike the Old Testament in that God informed Jews of the Mosaic law, Jews could not keep it without error, and God allowed Jews to atone for their sins (failure to keep the law) by sacrificing animals.

The fact of the matter is that vicarious atonement was abrogated by God as revealed by the late OT prophets. That you refuse to acknowledge this fact is even more evidence of your dishonesty.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
06 Mar 18

Originally posted by @thinkofone
[b]For your interpretation to be correct, you would have to disregard these verses from earlier in the same epistle from John the Apostle.

The fact of the matter is that I provided no interpretation. 1 John 3:4-10 is clear and unambiguous in what it says. It is consistent with 1 John 1:5-10. It is consistent with the gospel preached by Jesus durin ...[text shortened]... OT prophets. That you refuse to acknowledge this fact is even more evidence of your dishonesty.[/b]
I see you’re falsely claiming I’m dishonest as well. Is that the new schtik with the trolls? Did y’all have a meeting and settle on that strategy?