1. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 00:33
    Is all religious or spiritual belief based on nothing more than feeling ? I'm not knocking the feeling part of life, but how many out there got involved with a religion because it sounded logical. I get in trouble because of my feeling overload. My personality type is a INFJ according the Meyers Briggs test. People like me get involved with cults and airy fairy crap because of the feeling out weighing the thinking. Discernment is needed.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 00:53
    Originally posted by buckky
    Is all religious or spiritual belief based on nothing more than feeling ? I'm not knocking the feeling part of life, but how many out there got involved with a religion because it sounded logical. I get in trouble because of my feeling overload. My personality type is a INFJ according the Meyers Briggs test. People like me get involved with cults and airy fairy crap because of the feeling out weighing the thinking. Discernment is needed.
    Unfortunently a lot of people get involved with emotions instead of doing the homework really needed to know what their getting into. The Bible even mentions that some "like their ears tickled" as in they like what they hear even if it's not exactly the right stuff. If it makes them feel good that's all they want.
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 04:42
    According to the Holly Bible we are to investigate things to make sure
    they are true. It good to feel good too. As the song says, "Don't worry,
    Be happy."
  4. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 07:17
    What's INFJ?

I reckon if you work on the feeling part of your mind/brain you get better at it, like anything else.

I was looking for my mobile phone this morning and for some reason I got a feeling it was in my bedroom. I looked and then started loooking elsewhere but I str8 away got an overwhelming feeling to look for it in my bedroom again. Sure enough it was there ... this comes from a bit of training and learning how to follow my feelings. Which ones to follow and which ones to ignore.
    (Of course I have only covered a narrow meaning of the word "feeling" here)
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 07:19
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Unfortunently a lot of people get involved with emotions instead of doing the homework really needed to know what their getting into. The Bible even mentions that some "like their ears tickled" as in they like what they hear even if it's not exactly the right stuff. If it makes them feel good that's all they want.
    I get the feeling that you are trying to pidgeon hole people to much. Some people (regardless opf sex) are going to be more "touchy feely" (for example) rather than more homework-y 🙂
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 09:02
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I get the feeling that you are trying to pidgeon hole people to much. Some people (regardless opf sex) are going to be more "touchy feely" (for example) rather than more homework-y 🙂
    No I'm really not and I'm not knocking feeling good in a religious setting. Attending meetings at our Kingdom Hall makes me feel very good to say the least.
    But I know many people, even relatives of mine that go to their local churches because of the intertainment value they offer and do come home feeling good. But ask them what serious and life sustaining information that they heard and could share with a friend or neighbor and well........usually not much was offered. And that's really sad. But then at least they had fun.
  7. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 11:11
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    According to the Holly Bible we are to investigate things to make sure
    they are true. It good to feel good too. As the song says, "Don't worry,
    Be happy."
    It would be hard to investigate the Bible and try to find fact or the Truth inside. The Bible seems to be all over the place in what it has to say. I guess that is why we have so many denominations within Christianity.
  8. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 11:43
    This is why I said in another thread to get yourself to a church and go every Sunday. You'll learn a lot more about it that way. So you can rationalize your faith and not depend solely on "feelings" because the emotions you feel are fleeting and you need an intellectual backup in Scripture knowledge to help you get through the "letdown" you will feel after the emotions have run their course. Develop a place in your church community and listen to what other people have to say about their faith journeys.
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    22 Jun '11 15:53
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No I'm really not and I'm not knocking feeling good in a religious setting. Attending meetings at our Kingdom Hall makes me feel very good to say the least.
    But I know many people, even relatives of mine that go to their local churches because of the intertainment value they offer and do come home feeling good. But ask them what serious and life sustai ...[text shortened]... l........usually not much was offered. And that's really sad. But then at least they had fun.
    Ok. No problem 🙂
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jun '11 15:58
    It would be hard to investigate the Bible and try to find fact or the Truth inside. The Bible seems to be all over the place in what it has to say. I guess that is why we have so many denominations within Christianity.
    I guess that is why God gave us inteligence. What happened to yours?
  11. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Jun '11 16:57
    A pot calling a snowman black!
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jun '11 18:56
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    A pot calling a snowman black!
    Please, spare me all these idiotic comments. Can't anyone on the side
    of the atheist carry on an intelligent conversation?
  13. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    The Flat Earth
    Moves
    23 Jun '11 19:00
    Please, spare me all these idiotic comments. Can't anyone on the side
    of the atheist carry on an intelligent conversation?
    For your sake and that of your offspring, I hope you're a troll.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    23 Jun '11 19:07
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    For your sake and that of your offspring, I hope you're a troll.
    What is so intelligent about that? It appears to be just another idiotic
    comment to me.
  15. Donationbuckky
    Filthy sinner
    Outskirts of bliss
    Moves
    23 Jun '11 19:47
    Have you used your intelligence when you decided that Christianity made all the sense in the world and that is why you became involved ? Did you get involved with Christianity because you feared Hell and you wanted a way out ? The idea of an angry God needing a Blood sacrifice before he could give forgiveness seemed rational to you ? Just curious.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree