Fellowship, Fall, Salvation:

Fellowship, Fall, Salvation:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Moves
26 May 17

Originally posted by sonship
If a modern day mob of 42 'young lads' were going around calling Christians baldhead,

God became a man and endured the harshest indignities.

I read the Bible. I read the Bible ALL the way through.
I notice that God does not always do everything exactly the same way.
Though His attitude may be the same, He will manifest His de ...[text shortened]... the same God groaning in Christ on His cross for you, interceding for you, for your forgiveness.
"I would not change the story. I would not altar the story. I would not attempt to re-write the story to accommodate my untrustworthy sense of fair play..."

Yes, I know Sonship. I fully believe that if there was a story in the Old Testament of a prophet eating children in a burger you would find some convoluted way in explaining it away.

And you question my sobriety?!

Moves
26 May 17

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
"I would not change the story. I would not altar the story. I would not attempt to re-write the story to accommodate my untrustworthy sense of fair play..."

Yes, I know Sonship. I fully believe that if there was a story in the Old Testament of a prophet eating children in a burger you would find some convoluted way in explaining it away.

Unfortunately your argument would only be valid if he did in fact try to explain away a story of a prophet eating children in a burger, which he hasn't because there is no such story.

Moves
26 May 17

Originally posted by dj2becker
Unfortunately your argument would only be valid if he did in fact try to explain away a story of a prophet eating children in a burger, which he hasn't because there is no such story.
Please don't respond to my posts, especially when I'm not addressing you. As always you miss the point entirely and seem to lack any sense of reasonable understanding.

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
26 May 17
3 edits

You seem very upset about the bears killing the slandering young men.
Are you vehemently Pro-Life ?

One stat I am viewing says there have been 1.06 Million abortions in the USA since 2011.
Do you have a similar feeling of outrage about those 1.06 Million innocent kids as the 40 slandering young folks insulting the prophet knowing something of the majesty of the God of Israel?

I'll wait to see if you go through convolutions now to say "WELL ... that's different."

Moves
26 May 17

One stat I am viewing says there have been 1.06 [b]Million
abortions in the USA since 2011.
Do you have a similar feeling of outrage about those 1.06 Million innocent kids as the 40 slandering young folks insulting the prophet knowing something of ...[text shortened]...
I'll wait to see if you go through convolutions now to say "WELL ... that's different."[/b]
G.K. Chesterton once made the proclamation that it is impossible to live without contradiction when you live without God. We live in a world where objections are made to everything under the sun. Yet, the moment any of us condemns something, we have to assume there is some standard by which to condemn it. The modern day rebel, as Chesterton refers to the skeptic, has no standard left because he has rejected everything. Thus, he lives in contradiction. Chesterton reasons:

The new rebel is a sceptic and will not entirely trust anything… [T]he fact that he doubts everything really gets in his way when he wants to denounce anything. For all denunciation applies a moral doctrine of some kind; and the modern revolutionist doubts not only the institution he denounces but the doctrine by which he denounces it… As a politician, he will cry out that war is a waste of life, as a philosopher, that all life is a waste of time. [He] goes to a political meeting, where he complains that savages are treated as if they were beasts; then he takes his hat and umbrella and goes on to a scientific meeting, where he proves that they practically are beasts. In short, the modern revolutionist, being an infinite sceptic, is always engaged in undermining his own mines. In his book on politics he attacks men for trampling on morality; in his book on ethics he attacks morality for trampling on men. Therefore the modern man in revolt has become practically useless for all purposes of revolt. By rebelling against everything he has lost his right to rebel against anything.(1)

If the whole universe has no meaning, C.S. Lewis said similarly, we should never have found out that it had no meaning. The very cry of skeptical objection often betrays the skeptic himself. And yet, I have no doubt that the peculiar act of undermining one’s own mines is hardly a skill left only to the skeptic.

In this, the Gospel is unique in its power to pull down our own contradictions. Jesus repeatedly challenges the way we experience reality, the way we experience ourselves as alive. What seems solid reasoning, Christ establishes as contradictory. What we might denounce as a total loss, he describes as found. What we would be quick to discard as broken, he shows us the meaning of whole.

A friend of mine in college profoundly illustrated to me this very truth. He was born with Athetoid Cerebral Palsy, and as a result he is unable to speak or walk or feed himself. He communicates through a computerized voice by typing with his toes. Overcoming more in his lifetime than most can imagine, he was in a public speaking class when I first became acquainted with him. Though an unlikely candidate for a career in public speaking, he has become exactly that, and is now a much in-demand speaker. His message is as powerful as his will to proclaim it. “My body,” he says through the voice of a computer, “is a slow moving, twisted shell of uncontrollable muscle, and yet my life is a picture of nothing short of wholeness. This glorious contradiction I attribute entirely to Jesus Christ.”

Jesus compels us to drastically redefine what we mean by life, just as he compelled the disciples on Easter Sunday. “They were the ones marked out for death,” writes author Paul W. Hoon, “[Christ], the ‘dead’ was really the living.”(2) Lives that are littered with inconsistencies, blind to the ways in which we undermine our own mines, are given a new picture of what it means to be human. Giving him a life to reassemble, we are given wholeness.

http://rzim.org/a-slice-of-infinity/undermining-our-own-mines/

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
27 May 17

G.K. Chesterton once made the proclamation that it is impossible to live without contradiction when you live without God. We live in a world where objections are made to everything under the sun. Yet, the moment any of us condemns something, we have to assume there is some standard by which to condemn it. The modern day rebel, as Chesterton refers to the s ...[text shortened]... mble, we are given wholeness.

http://rzim.org/a-slice-of-infinity/undermining-our-own-mines/
Thanks for this post and the testimony.

I'm sorry that Ghost told you in essence "Please don't respond but rather let me take a parting shot to which you should please have no response."
This is kind of like - "Just lie down and let me walk over you. Please don't bounce back up when I knock you down."

That's asking a lot.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 May 17

This is kind of like -
"Just lie down and let me walk over you. Please don't bounce back up when I knock you down."

This is kind of like -
If someone slaps you on one cheek, turn to them the other alsoLuke 6:29

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
27 May 17

One stat I am viewing says there have been 1.06 [b]Million
abortions in the USA since 2011.
Do you have a similar feeling of outrage about those 1.06 Million innocent kids as the 40 slandering young folks insulting the prophet knowing something of ...[text shortened]...
I'll wait to see if you go through convolutions now to say "WELL ... that's different."[/b]
Lets pretend that a bunch of cells can be called a kid. (Just for laughs)

Lets pretend that 100 million abortions have been performed.

How does either of those "alternative facts" make it OK for your god to kill 40?
Or even one?

Moves
27 May 17

Please don't respond to my posts, especially when I'm not addressing you. As always you miss the point entirely and seem to lack any sense of reasonable understanding.
You obviously don't like to be challenged. That much is clear. This is a public forum, I am unaware of any rules that prohibit me from responding to any post. If you want to ignore me that's your prerogative.

Moves
27 May 17

Originally posted by wolfgang59
Lets pretend that a bunch of cells can be called a kid. (Just for laughs)

Lets pretend that 100 million abortions have been performed.

How does either of those "alternative facts" make it OK for your god to kill 40?
Or even one?
Everyone dies at some point. God is not another human being so he doesn't kill. He gives life and he takes life. Why? Because he is sovereign over his creation. It seems you have an issue with the sovereignty of God.

Moves
27 May 17

Thanks for this post and the testimony.

I'm sorry that Ghost told you in essence "Please don't respond but rather let me take a parting shot to which you should please have no response."
This is kind of like - "Just lie down and let me walk over you. Please don't bounce back up when I knock you down."

That's asking a lot.
At least he doesn't duck out for several days like you do 😉

F

Moves
27 May 17
2 edits

Ghost of a Duke to dj2becker
I'm sorry that Ghost told you in essence "Please don't respond but rather let me take a parting shot to which you should please have no response." This is kind of like - "Just lie down and let me walk over you. Please don't bounce back up when I knock you down."

What a hypocrite you are sometimes, sonship. Only a few weeks ago you were asking me not to respond to your posts and not to address you.

Moves
27 May 17

Originally posted by FMF
[b] I'm sorry that Ghost told you in essence "Please don't respond but rather let me take a parting shot to which you should please have no response." This is kind of like - "Just lie down and let me walk over you. Please don't bounce back up when I knock you down."

What a hypocrite you are sometimes, sonship. Only a few weeks ago you were asking me not to respond to your posts and not to address you.[/b]
What a hypocrite you are sometimes, FMF. Only yesterday you were asking me not to respond to your posts and not to address you.

F

Moves
27 May 17

What a hypocrite you are sometimes, FMF. Only yesterday you were asking me not to respond to your posts and not to address you.
How is it hypocritical for me to tell you that I am not interested in discussing something with you and to ask you to talk to someone else? I don't see the hypocrisy in that at all.

Moves
27 May 17
1 edit

Either, like Suzianne, you don't understand the meaning of the word hypocrite. Or you don't understand the nuance of the dialogue between sonship, GoaD and FMF. Or you understand and are pretending not to. I suspect the latter as it is your usual MO.