1. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 May '17 08:581 edit
    From fellowship, the fall, salvation: What we had, what we lost, now we are found.

Genesis 3 NIV
    8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, “Where are you?”

Exodus 19 NIV
    20 The LORD descended to the top of Mount Sinai and called Moses to the top of the mountain. So Moses went up 21 and the LORD said to him, “Go down and warn the people so they do not force their way through to see the LORD and many of them perish. 22 Even the priests, who approach the LORD, must consecrate themselves, or the LORD will break out against them.”

Isaiah 6: NIV
    6 In the year that King Uzziah died, I saw the Lord, high and exalted, seated on a throne; and the train of his robe filled the temple. 2 Above him were seraphim, each with six wings: With two wings they covered their faces, with two they covered their feet, and with two they were flying. 3 And they were calling to one another:
    “Holy, holy, holy is the LORD Almighty;
    the whole earth is full of his glory.”
    4 At the sound of their voices the doorposts and thresholds shook and the temple was filled with smoke.
    5 “Woe to me!” I cried. “I am ruined! For I am a man of unclean lips, and I live among a people of unclean lips, and my eyes have seen the King, the LORD Almighty.”

Luke 23:
    44 It was now about noon, and darkness came over the whole land until three in the afternoon, 45 for the sun stopped shining. And the curtain of the temple was torn in two. 46 Jesus called out with a loud voice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    14 May '17 16:14
    Originally posted by KellyJay
    From fellowship, the fall, salvation: What we had, what we lost, now we are found.

Genesis 3 NIV
    8 Then the man and his wife heard the sound of the LORD God as he was walking in the garden in the cool of the day, and they hid from the LORD God among the trees of the garden. 9 But the LORD God called to the man, “Where are you?”

Exodus 19 NIV
    20 The ...[text shortened]... oice, “Father, into your hands I commit my spirit.” When he had said this, he breathed his last.
    Have you ever seen the so called "seven last words" of Christ on the cross arranged in a theological significance ? I have and was impressed.
  3. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    14 May '17 16:57
    Originally posted by sonship
    Have you ever seen the so called "seven last words" of Christ on the cross arranged in a theological significance ? I have and was impressed.
    Never have.
  4. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 May '17 17:05
    Originally posted by sonship
    More milk from youall.
  5. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '17 17:20
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    More milk from youall.
    Other than your usual 'salvation by works' message, it would be interesting to see you post something you consider to be "meat".
  6. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 May '17 18:01
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Other than your usual 'salvation by works' message, it would be interesting to see you post something you consider to be "meat".
    The meat of the Word of God is :
    - the ability to discern right from wrong and following your conscience
    - the understanding of what God and Christ requires of the Christian in terms of righteous living and good works .

I think i have been doing that for many years now. If you have something specific in mind let me know
  7. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 May '17 18:14
    'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.'

I think the above is the 'meat' of the Christian message. Love everybody, in word and action.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    14 May '17 18:38
    Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
    'Love the Lord your God with all your heart and with all your soul and with all your mind and with all your strength.’ The second is this: ‘Love your neighbour as yourself.’ There is no commandment greater than these.'

I think the above is the 'meat' of the Christian message. Love everybody, in word and action.
    "Love everybody, in WORD and action".

Does Dive know about this?
  9. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 May '17 18:411 edit

Have I ever since you been around here seen me post stuff along these lines? Dive does not seem to remember me doing that
  10. The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    14 May '17 19:34
    Have I ever since you been around here seen me post stuff along these lines? Dive does not seem to remember me doing that
    You have rather been type-cast as the 'works required villain,' but then there is no greater way to show love for God and our neighbour than through our actions.
  11. PenTesting
    Moves
    14 May '17 21:20
    You have rather been type-cast as the 'works required villain,' but then there is no greater way to show love for God and our neighbour than through our actions.
    I am happy to be type-cast as such. 🙂
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '17 21:49
    The meat of the Word of God is :
    - the ability to discern right from wrong and following your conscience
    - the understanding of what God and Christ requires of the Christian in terms of righteous living and good works .

I think i have been doing that for many years now. If you have something specific in mind let me know
    So you have nothing other than the 'works for salvation' message. No teaching from the OT, no extrapolation?
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '17 21:49
    I am happy to be type-cast as such. 🙂
    It's good to be happy.
  14. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    14 May '17 21:511 edit
    Originally posted by divegeester
    The Milk of the Word is still truth.
  15. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    14 May '17 21:51
    Originally posted by chaney3
    "Love everybody, in WORD and action".

Does Dive know about this?
    I don't love you, you're a bargain-bin poster like Fetchmybeckertruth.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree