Fellowship, Fall, Salvation:

Fellowship, Fall, Salvation:

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
17 May 17

Originally posted by KellyJay
You make my day! 🙂
Must have been a slow day sir. Didn't you have cake?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
17 May 17
1 edit

Originally posted by Ghost of a Duke
Must have been a slow day sir. Didn't you have cake?
No today has been a long week so far. 🙂

c

Moves
17 May 17

No today has been a long week so far. 🙂
Are you quoting Yogi Berra?
🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 17

Originally posted by chaney3
Are you quoting Yogi Berra?
🙂
you honor me 🙂

c

Moves
18 May 17

you honor me 🙂
"Slump...I ain't in no slump, I just ain't hitting".

Yogi Berra

Although, it sounds like something a Cubs player would say. 😉

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 17
1 edit

"Slump...I ain't in no slump, I just ain't hitting".

Yogi Berra

Although, it sounds like something a Cubs player would say. 😉
🙂 or a CUBS FAN YEA!!!!! Go Cubs Go!

c

Moves
18 May 17
1 edit

🙂 or a CUBS FAN YEA!!!!! Go Cubs Go!
Lol lol.
I didn't mean to get your thread off track. Apologies.

Edit: "If you see a fork in the road.......take it".

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 17

Lol lol.
I didn't mean to get your thread off track. Apologies.

Edit: "If you see a fork in the road.......take it".
🙂

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 17
1 edit

[b]You think sin and evil should just be accepted as part of God's Kingdom when it need not be there?

I think a perfectly loving God would forgive His imperfect creation for their failings. He wouldn't expect an ant to become an elephant and then punish them for falling short.

You fail to realize there is only God in the OT and the NT[/ ...[text shortened]... ormation.

With respect, you are missing something yourself, and it is called objectivity.[/b]
"I think a perfectly loving God would forgive His imperfect creation for their failings. He wouldn't expect an ant to become an elephant and then punish them for falling short."

I do believe you are correct, but how? The way that God choose did it was in a completely
just way, through Jesus Christ. God foretold it in the OT, even declared what blood line
was going to have Jesus born into it, and foretold about His life, and death. The OT shows
us how Jesus was to die for us, and when the time came, Jesus was among us the Word
of God became a man. When the Christians of the early church spoke about the scriptures
to those around them it wasn't the NT they were referring to it was OT, the NT was being
written.

The law was given at first as a way to conduct ourselves, and it revealed in us sin. What
God did was then make a just way through faith in Jesus Christ that we could be forgiven
in Christ, so no matter our failings we could be forgiven, and not only that changed into
something else, becoming new creatures in Christ.

Not everyone wants that however so should they be forced into it, not everyone wants to
give up their sins so should they be forced into it, not everyone wants anything to do
with God so should they be forced into it?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 17
1 edit

[b]You think sin and evil should just be accepted as part of God's Kingdom when it need not be there?

I think a perfectly loving God would forgive His imperfect creation for their failings. He wouldn't expect an ant to become an elephant and then punish them for falling short.

You fail to realize there is only God in the OT and the NT[/ ...[text shortened]... ormation.

With respect, you are missing something yourself, and it is called objectivity.[/b]
"These are two entirely different Gods. To consider them the same God while simultaneously holding to the belief that God is unchanging is deeply naïve, betraying your own lack of knowledge in this area. "

No, same God our relationship or covenant with Him changed so His action/reaction to
us was altered to what was going on.

At first before the fall of man we had a relationship with God where we simply walked and
talked with God without any hindrances or anything between us. He gave us just one thing
not to do, and we did it.

After the fall of man, God kicked us out of Eden for our protection, then our relationship
changed. It had to since He is a Holy Just God and we were sinners,

God gave us the Law, we failed with that too, He protected us by not forcing us into
direct contact with Him in that wicked state we were in. So God gave us something better,
a way to God through faith.

The same God, the same goals, dealing with the same mess, us. Immanuel was foretold,
Jesus was coming to restore us to God, the ONE God, and when Jesus died the barrier
between the Most Holy and the Holy was ripped from top to bottom, from Heaven to earth.

We are still a people of sin, but now our lives can be saved by God through Jesus Christ.
So God still isn't just showing up finding so many of us not ready to come in contact with
a Holy God. That time however is coming, and as many as can be redeemed are being
redeemed. Being saved isn't a matter of earning our righteousness we saw in the OT we
could not do that, which is why God is doing it through faith. I know there are some who
seek to claim they are good enough by the things they do, they are not seeking God's
salvation they are seeking their own righteousness. Once our lives are saved in Christ
God gives us His Spirit, without which we do not belong to God, and we from that point
on we are able to walk with Him once again, learn about Him, do His works.

I do not think I'm the one between us who lacks knowledge in this, I take the scripture as
is, and do not attempt to make it fit my narrative. Since you don't believe in God there is
nothing about Him that is real, so you make God be what you want between your ears, it
is the only God you are familiar with, seeing how you have never met God, or acknowledge
Him as is. You and sonhouse who I actually have a lot of respect for both suffer with this
issue, you reject God, because He didn't do things the way you would have.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 17

"If you accept that by nature I know what is wrong then you must equally accept that by nature I also know what is right, especially as the bible itself tells you God's law is written on my heart, irrespective of my disbelief."

If you know what to do and do it great, but that also means if you know what not to do
and you do it anyway you will be doing two things, excusing yourself when you do right,
and knowing when you are doing wrong when you do that. Being irrespective of your
belief about God isn't part of this piece of the equation, it is talking about what you know is
both right and wrong, and you also acknowledge man has this within Him if you buy into
we know by nature, we will be without excuse. Well, it doesn't matter if you acknowledge
it I suppose, our actions alone will reveal that when we both excuse ourselves and
condemn others.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 17

"God may indeed work within you, but He also requires you to work eternally in the world and put His law into action. "

Yes

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
18 May 17

"With respect, you are missing something yourself, and it is called objectivity."

I'm not flawless, but in these matters I'm speaking about someone I know, you are talking
about someone you make up as you go, that is a big difference.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 May 17

[b]"These are two entirely different Gods. To consider them the same God while simultaneously holding to the belief that God is unchanging is deeply naïve, betraying your own lack of knowledge in this area. "

No, same God our relationship or covenant with Him changed so His action/reaction to
us was altered to what was going on.

At first before t ...[text shortened]... oth suffer with this
issue, you reject God, because He didn't do things the way you would have.[/b]
No sir, I 'reject' God because I do not believe he exists.

The Ghost Chamber

Moves
18 May 17

[b]"If you accept that by nature I know what is wrong then you must equally accept that by nature I also know what is right, especially as the bible itself tells you God's law is written on my heart, irrespective of my disbelief."

If you know what to do and do it great, but that also means if you know what not to do
and you do it anyway you will be ...[text shortened]... I suppose, our actions alone will reveal that when we both excuse ourselves and
condemn others.[/b]
Agreed. It is our 'actions alone' that will determine our fate.