1. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 May '11 14:12
    Just watched a Nat Geo show on the Mayan 2012 prediction of the end of the world. In some of the research this show is reporting on was a really interesting side point that paleoclimatologist Lonnie Thompson of Ohio State, has discovered. It seems that in most ice caps throughout the world as they continue to melt to levels never seen, something pretty amazing is being seen. This documentary was focusing on a ice cap in the Calkia mountians in Peru.
    What is being found under this cap as well as most other ice caps such as the one on Kilimanjaro in Africa, is a very defined layer of crushed plants under the ice. The couple problems with the plants their finding is they should not be found in those elevations and they are plants that are usually found in a more tropical climate.
    Mr Thompson has proposed that something cataclismic had to happen earthwide that caused a very sudden climate change that would have frozen a very thick layer of water almost instantly on top of the native plantlife on these areas. And all these findings of these plants from these ice caps all date back about 5000 years ago.
    So I find this very interesting that this is being found in many areas of the earth now as the ice caps are starting to melt way back and this plant life is being exposed.
    Seems to me only an earthwide flood could have caused this type of situation they are now discovering.
  2. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    17 May '11 14:36
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Just watched a Nat Geo show on the Mayan 2012 prediction of the end of the world. In some of the research this show is reporting on was a really interesting side point that paleoclimatologist Lonnie Thompson of Ohio State, has discovered. It seems that in most ice caps throughout the world as they continue to melt to levels never seen, something pretty ...[text shortened]... to me only an earthwide flood could have caused this type of situation they are now discovering.
    Seems to me only an earthwide flood could have caused this type of situation they are now discovering.

Thinking outside the box isn't something i'd attribute to you.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 May '11 14:48
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    [b]Seems to me only an earthwide flood could have caused this type of situation they are now discovering.

Thinking outside the box isn't something i'd attribute to you.[/b]
    I expected such a comment by you...
  4. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    17 May '11 14:51
    I expected such a comment by you...
    Damn, i'm just as predictable as you now!!
  5. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    17 May '11 15:00
    Or a pole shift.

There is also evidence that the North Pole and the South Pole were not always where they are now.
  6. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 May '11 15:131 edit
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Or a pole shift.

There is also evidence that the North Pole and the South Pole were not always where they are now.
    Yes the shift is something that does happen but still does't explain these ice caps in all areas of the planet having a consistant theme of tropical plantlife being found under them in those altitudes.
    Also found are many, many unearthed animals that were preserved in frozen ice is something to consider too. Many were frozen almost instantly and with unchewed plants still in their mouths.
    But the point that's being shown here is that something that happened very fast caught these animal off guard and something happend very fast that would have pushed up a normally lower elevation enviroment that would have had this tropical plantlife and suddenly puch it up to a much higher elevation that would have caused ice to form and then trap these plants under it.
    Only the tremendous weight of extreme floodwaters could have done this.
  7. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 May '11 15:51
    Just watched a Nat Geo show on the Mayan 2012 prediction of the end of the world
    Do you have any references we can check? eg the exact name of the show?
  8. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 May '11 16:031 edit
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    The following link has info on Thompson's research:
    http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/quelplant.htm

This is probably the episode:
    http://channel.nationalgeographic.com/series/mysterious-science-episodes/4438/Overview
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    17 May '11 16:14
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    The following link has info on Thompson's research:
    http://researchnews.osu.edu/archive/quelplant.htm
    I'm still failing to see how,

is the logical thought from the OP after reading that article.
  10. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    17 May '11 16:183 edits
    Originally posted by Proper Knob
    I'm still failing to see how,

is the logical thought from the OP after reading that article.
    I'm thinking a lot of the OP is wild conjecture on the part of the poster.

Also, I edited in a link to what I believe is the episode in question.
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 May '11 16:26
    I just watched it yesterday. It's: "2012:Countdown to Armegeddon."

It's mostly about what the Mayan's think will happen next year but they also knew something happened back about 5K years ago and think that may happen again.
    Interesting show.
  12. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 May '11 18:25
    In some of the research this show is reporting on was a really interesting side point that paleoclimatologist Lonnie Thompson of Ohio State, has discovered.

And all these findings of these plants from these ice caps all date back about 5000 years ago.
    Not according to the link ThinkOfOne has furnished us with which is about Lonnie Thompson. He mentions two samples (both from nearly the same place) that are dated about 5000 years. He then mentions another sample that is about 50,000 years old.
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    17 May '11 18:34
    Not according to the link ThinkOfOne has furnished us with which is about Lonnie Thompson. He mentions two samples (both from nearly the same place) that are dated about 5000 years. He then mentions another sample that is about 50,000 years old.
    Well he mentioned in this show what I qouted. Try to watch it if you can.
  14. Cape Town
    Moves
    17 May '11 20:32
    Well he mentioned in this show what I qouted. Try to watch it if you can.
    I am afraid I can't. I do not have satellite tv. If the show is available for free on the internet I might consider it.
  15. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 May '11 21:47
    http://ldolphin.org/eden/

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree