Flood evidence?

Flood evidence?

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 May 11

Originally posted by Proper Knob
The fact that mountains have shells on top is evidence of plate tectonics.

To answer your point above, again this is a classic case of you picking and choosing which bits of science are correct and which bits are wrong. Your quite happy to accept the carbon dating of this plant as accurate as you can bizarrely link it to your Biblical story. But i gu ...[text shortened]... s found of mountain tops are obviously incorrect as they don't conform to your Biblical story?!
Sure plate tectonics is why there up there. But science says it taken millions of years. How can they prove that? How do they know it didn't happen much sooner and at a much faster rate? Under the tremendous weight of a sudden flood why couldn't all these movements of the earths crust not have happened much faster?
You tell me to think out of the box..I challenge you to do the same.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 May 11

Originally posted by galveston75
Sure plate tectonics is why there up there. But science says it taken millions of years. How can they prove that? How do they know it didn't happen much sooner and at a much faster rate? Under the tremendous weight of a sudden flood why couldn't all these movements of the earths crust not have happened much faster?
You tell me to think out of the box..I challenge you to do the same.
How can they prove that?

Numerous dating techniques. ie, radiometric dating

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiometric_dating

How do they know it didn't happen much sooner and at a much faster rate?

See the above.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 May 11

[b]How can they prove that?

Numerous dating techniques. ie, radiometric dating

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Radiometric_dating

How do they know it didn't happen much sooner and at a much faster rate?

See the above.[/b]
Yes I understand the dating technics here. I have no problem with that per say. But wouldn't the date of the rocks and shell fossils still be the same no matter where they would be located as in the ocean as they originally were or on top a mountain?
They would still be the same age not matter how fast the area in question rose up to the height they are today..correct?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 May 11

Yes I understand the dating technics here. I have no problem with that per say. But wouldn't the date of the rocks and shell fossils still be the same no matter where they would be located as in the ocean as they originally were or on top a mountain?
They would still be the same age not matter how fast the area in question rose up to the height they are today..correct?
Sorry, my mistake i forgot you weren't a Young Earth Creationist.

The speeds at which the plate tectonics move have been mapped and are well known. But let's just say your theory is true, i have two problems with it.

1. How is water going to suddenly thrust a colossal piece of the earths crust up to 8km up into the air. Do you have any idea what forces are needed to do that?! Look at the Japanese tsunami, a massive amount of water was forced inland, was any land jetted up into the air? No.

2. If mountains were suddenly thrust up into the air, the gap where that land used to be would be new, in your case 4,000yrs old as that is when you believe this all happened.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
19 May 11

Sorry, my mistake i forgot you weren't a Young Earth Creationist.

The speeds at which the plate tectonics move have been mapped and are well known. But let's just say your theory is true, i have two problems with it.

1. How is water going to suddenly thrust a colossal piece of the earths crust up to 8km up into the air. Do you have any idea what ...[text shortened]... d to be would be new, in your case 4,000yrs old as that is when you believe this all happened.
We were talking about 5,000 not 4,000.

T

Moves
19 May 11
2 edits

Common sense. If you suddenly thrust trillions of tons of water on the surface of the earth and with the crust being different thicknesses with different strengths, then you would easily have some of the crust sinking to lower levels and then some of the crust being pushed up to higher levels.
The fact that many mountain tops have shell fossils up that high would prove that.
This is more than a bit sketchy, but are you asserting that all all mountains having evidence of having been at one time at or below sea level were created 5200 years ago by a great flood?

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 May 11

Originally posted by RJHinds
We were talking about 5,000 not 4,000.
Galvo thinks the flood occurred 2370 BCE, or there abouts. That would put the flood 4381 years ago. Give or take a year or so.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 May 11

Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
This is more than a bit sketchy, but are you asserting that all all mountains having evidence of having been at one time at sea level were created 5200 years ago by a great flood?
I'm going to pass on answering you as you always have some trick angle going on in the background instead of asking an honest question. Sorry.

T

Moves
19 May 11
1 edit

I'm going to pass on answering you as you always have some trick angle going on in the background instead of asking an honest question. Sorry.
So, whenever you are shown to be illogical, you tell yourself it's because of some "trick angle"?

Case in point for an underlying theme of the "Theory of evolution serves Satan" thread: "Can an individual who believes [that anything that contradicts the Watchtower Society are the words of Satan] engage in a discussion based in reason?"

You are enslaved by fear.

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 May 11

So, whenever you are shown to be illogical, you tell yourself it's because of some "trick angle"?

Case in point for an underlying theme of the "Theory of evolution serves Satan" thread: "Can an individual who believes [that anything that contradicts the Watchtower Society are the words of Satan] engage in a discussion based in reason?"

You are enslaved by fear.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
19 May 11

How does this flower, which has been dated to 5,200 years old validate something you believe occurred 4381 years ago?

T

Moves
19 May 11

While I can understand a young teen being afraid to engage in intelligent discussion, from what I gather you are no longer a young teen. Isn't it time you matured?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 May 11

While I can understand a young teen being afraid to engage in intelligent discussion, from what I gather you are no longer a young teen. Isn't it time you matured?

Texasman

San Antonio Texas

Moves
19 May 11

How does this flower, which has been dated to 5,200 years old validate something you believe occurred 4381 years ago?
So carbon dating is completely accurate to the day or month or year? Is it that exact?

T

Moves
19 May 11

Evidently we have an answer to an underlying theme of the"Theory of evolution serves Satan" thread: "Can an individual who believes [that anything that contradicts the Watchtower Society are the words of Satan] engage in a discussion based in reason?"

Based on this discussion with G75 and other discussions with him and RC, the answer would seem to be "No".