1. Joined
    14 Feb '05
    Moves
    264
    28 Jun '07 18:47
    One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
    he was walking along the beach with the LORD.


    Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
    For each scene he noticed two sets of
    footprints in the sand: one belonging
    to him, and the other to the LORD.


    When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
    he looked back at the footprints in the sand.


    He noticed that many times along the path of
    his life there was only one set of footprints.


    He also noticed that it happened at the very
    lowest and saddest times in his life.


    This really bothered him and he
    questioned the LORD about it:


    "LORD, you said that once I decided to follow
    you, you'd walk with me all the way.
    But I have noticed that during the most
    troublesome times in my life,
    there is only one set of footprints.
    I don't understand why when
    I needed you most you would leave me."

    The LORD replied:


    "My son, my precious child,
    I love you and I would never leave you.
    During your times of trial and suffering,
    when you see only one set of footprints,
    it was then that I carried you."
  2. Standard memberSwissGambit
    Caninus Interruptus
    2014.05.01
    Joined
    11 Apr '07
    Moves
    92274
    28 Jun '07 19:19
    Originally posted by stepnkev
    One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
    he was walking along the beach with the LORD.


    Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
    For each scene he noticed two sets of
    footprints in the sand: one belonging
    to him, and the other to the LORD.


    When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
    he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
    ...[text shortened]... nd suffering,
    when you see only one set of footprints,
    it was then that I carried you."
    I like comedian John Hope's version.

    In my version, there's one set of footprints, followed by a big dent in the sand. And I ask Jesus, 'what's with that?' and he says, 'That's where I got tired of carrying you. You b!tch constantly, and to be honest, you're kind of a crappy Christian.' And I said, 'I can't believe Je-sus thinks I'm a crappy Christian. Sorry, Je-sus!'
  3. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    2926
    28 Jun '07 19:25
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    the story is meant for the christians to enjoy, not for you to be a jackass
  4. Standard memberHand of Hecate
    Merciless Vagabond
    Deep in it.
    Joined
    08 Feb '05
    Moves
    14613
    28 Jun '07 19:36
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    the story is meant for the christians to enjoy, not for you to be a jackass
    Turn the other cheek Brother.
  5. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    2926
    28 Jun '07 19:42
    Originally posted by Hand of Hecate
    Turn the other cheek Brother.
    im only part-time christian 😀
  6. DonationPawnokeyhole
    Krackpot Kibitzer
    Right behind you...
    Joined
    27 Apr '02
    Moves
    16879
    28 Jun '07 19:46
    Originally posted by stepnkev
    One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
    he was walking along the beach with the LORD.


    Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
    For each scene he noticed two sets of
    footprints in the sand: one belonging
    to him, and the other to the LORD.


    When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
    he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
    ...[text shortened]... nd suffering,
    when you see only one set of footprints,
    it was then that I carried you."
    Do you think the Lord has been carrying Madeline McCann in recent weeks?

    http://www.bringmadeleinehome.com/
  7. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    23729
    28 Jun '07 20:42
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    the story is meant for the christians to enjoy, not for you to be a jackass
    I hated that awful piece of cross-stitching Precious-Moments-inspiring dreck when I was a Christian.

    Hey, let's recreate tasteless needlepoint framing the thing, using ASCII characters!
  8. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    23729
    28 Jun '07 20:481 edit
    Deleted. I suck with smiley art.
  9. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Joined
    31 Jul '01
    Moves
    91452
    28 Jun '07 21:18
    http://www.courier-journal.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070628/NEWS01/706290301
  10. Standard memberBosse de Nage
    Zellulärer Automat
    Spiel des Lebens
    Joined
    27 Jan '05
    Moves
    83887
    28 Jun '07 21:20
    Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
    I suck with smiley art.
    You mean at--I hope.
  11. Standard memberblakbuzzrd
    Buzzardus Maximus
    Joined
    03 Oct '05
    Moves
    23729
    28 Jun '07 21:28
    Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
    You mean at--I hope.
    Thanks.

    I'm trying to visualize what sucking with smiley art would entail.

    I'll just stop doing that now.
  12. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    29 Jun '07 01:371 edit
    Originally posted by blakbuzzrd
    I hated that awful piece of cross-stitching Precious-Moments-inspiring dreck when I was a Christian.

    Hey, let's recreate tasteless needlepoint framing the thing, using ASCII characters!
    That's funny, I always thought it was rather melodramatic too.
    But this inspires me to start a thread I've been meaning to get to.
  13. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    1295
    29 Jun '07 08:08
    Originally posted by stepnkev
    One night a man had a dream. He dreamed
    he was walking along the beach with the LORD.


    Across the sky flashed scenes from his life.
    For each scene he noticed two sets of
    footprints in the sand: one belonging
    to him, and the other to the LORD.


    When the last scene of his life flashed before him,
    he looked back at the footprints in the sand.
    ...[text shortened]... nd suffering,
    when you see only one set of footprints,
    it was then that I carried you."
    Wonderful...want it read at my funeral....
  14. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    29 Jun '07 08:39
    Originally posted by stepnkev
    "My son, my precious child,
    I love you and I would never leave you.
    During your times of trial and suffering,
    when you see only one set of footprints,
    it was then that I carried you."
    So what the story is actually trying to tell us is "don't ever ask for the lords help because whenever he carries you that causes the worst trial and suffering of your life."
  15. Joined
    28 Feb '07
    Moves
    1295
    29 Jun '07 08:53
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So what the story is actually trying to tell us is "don't ever ask for the lords help because whenever he carries you that causes the worst trial and suffering of your life."
    Why so bitter?
Back to Top