For haphazard were we born .....

For haphazard were we born .....

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

r

Moves
22 Jul 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Starrman
Are you god's appointed judge and jury? Is it for you to say if I go to heaven or hell? Do you speak for god?

You arrogant little man, go and beg HIS forgiveness!
Only your apparent language tells me where you might or might no end up.t
But be honest to yourself, you know your deeds, weither they are good or evil.
Good ends up in Heaven.
Evil ends up in Hell.
IThought this is a Forum for spirituality,
You people have made it a haunt for jackals and Oxen who blaspheme and doubt the power of GOD and the Lord.
The same way you curse him, the same way you will be cursed.

r

Moves
22 Jul 06
1 edit

In the same way the wicked will have nothing to say before GOD.

S

Moves
22 Jul 06

Originally posted by royaltystatement
Good ends up in Heaven.
Evil ends up in Hell.
You people have made it a haunt for jackals and Oxen who blaspheme and doubt the power of GOD and the Lord.
This is a forum within which to discuss spirituality, not to witness about fire and brimstone. If you leave and never come back, I'll consider repenting. Is not one saved soul worth such a little price?

N

The sky

Moves
22 Jul 06

Good ends up in Heaven.
Evil ends up in Hell.
Mat 7, 1-6

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of your eye,' when all the time there is a plank in your own eye? 5You hypocrite, first take the plank out of your own eye, and then you will see clearly to remove the speck from your brother's eye.

6"Do not give dogs what is sacred; do not throw your pearls to pigs. If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.

r

Moves
22 Jul 06

Originally posted by Nordlys
Mat 7, 1-6

1"Do not judge, or you too will be judged. 2For in the same way you judge others, you will be judged, and with the measure you use, it will be measured to you.

3"Why do you look at the speck of sawdust in your brother's eye and pay no attention to the plank in your own eye? 4How can you say to your brother, 'Let me take the speck out of you ...[text shortened]... If you do, they may trample them under their feet, and then turn and tear you to pieces.
Even the devil himself can quote scriptures.
By what ways do I inform you of your eternal torment?
Is it not your own words that ensure your eternal damnation?

S

Moves
22 Jul 06

I'm serious, you leave, I'll consider repenting. Deal?

N

The sky

Moves
22 Jul 06

I am not talking about me, I am talking about you. It's you who believes in that stuff, not me. So you should act accordingly.

r

Moves
22 Jul 06
1 edit

Originally posted by Nordlys
I am not talking about me, I am talking about you. It's you who believes in that stuff, not me. So you should act accordingly.
My actions are to tell you of your impending doom because as I said, your own words condemn you. If you don't like the truth, or don't accept it, your reward is Hell.
O, I wish I could share in the rewards of Heaven with you and tell you all the things stored up for those who do good works.
But many people here will never see those things, so my message remains in informing you about the Hell that awaits you.๐Ÿ˜ž

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
22 Jul 06

My actions are to tell you of your impending doom because as I said, your own words condemn you. If you don't like the truth, or don't accept it, your reward is Hell.
O, I wish I could share in the rewards of Heaven with you and tell you all the things stored up for those who do good works.
But many people here will never see those things, so my message remains in informing you about the Hell that awaits you.๐Ÿ˜ž
No you don't, you self rightous prick. You are more than happy trying to lord it over us all, thinking you are so great and we all need your advice and guidance. GET REAL! These guy have got a whole lot more smarts than you - all you have is your indocternated mental program. Nothing original, not even a willingness to engage in any sort of reasoned debate.

DC
Flamenco Sketches

Spain, in spirit

Moves
23 Jul 06

My actions are to tell you of your impending doom because as I said, your own words condemn you.|
Yet another Kirk Cameron/Ray Comfort Christian Zombie coming to eat our braaaaaiiiiiinnnnnssss!

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
23 Jul 06
2 edits

Originally posted by Starrman
Just to show you how little this piece compares to the actual mindset of an atheist who accepts the ToE:

[b]1
they who said among themselves, thinking not aright: "Brief and troublous is our lifetime; neither is there any remedy for man's dying, nor is anyone known to have come back from the nether world.

There need be no remedy for death, why ew in an attempt to prove that a set of beliefs is wrong, you are a charlatan.[/b]
Just some food for thought:

Starrman: "Experience is indeed the most important part of life."

http://goinside.com/00/11/christ.html

"Alston.

William Alston is professor emeritus at Syracuse University in USA. Alston has not always been a religious person. He grew up as a Methodist, and like the founder of Methodism, he later came to emphasize religious experience. Parts of his life were lived away from the church, but now he is active in American church life. In the 1970's Alston became a member of a charismatic group in USA, and he tells about having had personal experiences of God.

According to Alston, faith in God can be justified by two pillars: arguments (like the classical philosophical arguments), and experience, and experience is the most important of these two pillars. He says that the main reason why he is a Christian is that the Holy Spirit is working in his life. His opus magnum (at least until now: Perceiving God, Cornell University Press) deals with how religious experience can give knowledge of God, and may be interpreted as a modern mystic's attempt at using the analytical conceptual framework to describe how spiritual experiences can give us religious knowledge.

Alston does not believe men are infallible in spiritual questions, nor is he a skeptic. He claims that religious beliefs in Christian religious contexts share many of the same features as general human belief-forming practices. Thus it is difficult to argue that spiritual experience-based knowledge is irrational. He emphasizes that the Christian tradition is an established social praxis, just like everyday and scientific beliefs are formed in such social practices."

Zellulรคrer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
24 Jul 06

So, Ivanhoe, this thread is about how people take the theory of evolution and turn it into an ideology. I said I agreed with you, but you haven't really put enough on the table to convince people who don't. I mean you have just made some statements (which I happen to agree with) without demonstrating why anyone should believe you. So, could you sketch out the process whereby a theory can be co-opted for ideological purposes, please? This should be educational.

d

Moves
24 Jul 06

Somehow ๐Ÿ˜ž doesn't quite do justice to the prospect of an eternity in hell.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
24 Jul 06

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
So, Ivanhoe, this thread is about how people take the theory of evolution and turn it into an ideology. I said I agreed with you, but you haven't really put enough on the table to convince people who don't. I mean you have just made some statements (which I happen to agree with) without demonstrating why anyone should believe you. So, could you sketch ...[text shortened]... whereby a theory can be co-opted for ideological purposes, please? This should be educational.
BdN: "I said I agreed with you, but you haven't really put enough on the table to convince people who don't."

How about helping me ? That would be nice.

s
Kichigai!

Osaka

Moves
24 Jul 06

Originally posted by ivanhoe
BdN: "I said I agreed with you, but you haven't really put enough on the table to convince people who don't."

How about helping me ? That would be nice.
Well, some people do take evolution and make it into an ideology. That's their problem. Other people took the concept of god, and turned it into an ideology too, and that was used to justify burning "witches" and the crusades. And the spanish inquisition. And the burning of one, "bruno". And the house arrest of Galileo. And many, many other despicable acts.