1. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 03:39
    No1, particularly you, why do you feel the need to make sure no one else becomes a Christian? How does it harm you if they do? Why are you on a campaign to discredit everything a Christian presents?

The most obvious answer to me is that you are afraid we are right and you need assurance.
  2. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 04:56
    Surprisingly quiet...
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 04:57
    Originally posted by Darfius
    Surprisingly quiet...
    Boo!

😉

P
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:19
    No1, particularly you, why do you feel the need to make sure no one else becomes a Christian? How does it harm you if they do? Why are you on a campaign to discredit everything a Christian presents?

The most obvious answer to me is that you are afraid we are right and you need assurance.
    Pure hubris.

As a former christian, I find it fascinating why some choose the path of faith while others do not. The debates on this forum show me that there are some passionate and intelligent people representing a variety of beliefs.

I think it is best to examine your own beliefs critically. Don't be afraid to explore arguments for other faiths or beliefs, or lack of beliefs. If your faith survives the scrutiny, then it will emerge stronger.

Or you will realize that the belief doesn't ring true on a personal level. In any case, it is better to find your belief on your own rather than blindly follow what parents and culture taught you.
  5. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:21

Hi Darfius,

I will attempt to answer your question without sarcasm and in all seriousness...I know that sounds unbelieveable coming from me, right?

I can't speak for No1 or anybody else but I don't think Christianity is wrong and I don't feel the need to stop anyone from pursuing it. As I have said personally, it's just not for me for very very personal reasons.

I think there are some very good ideas that can be found in Christianity but I don't think you are overall "right". Again, I think you are fully aware of how I feel and I would rather not launch into debate about that.

So not speaking for marauder but I guess I could be considered an "anti-Xian" I have no interest in stifling anyone who wishes to explore Christanity.
  6. Not Kansas
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:22
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Pure hubris.

As a former christian, I find it fascinating why some choose the path of faith while others do not. The debates on this forum show me that there are some passionate and intelligent people representing a variety of beliefs.

I think it is best to examine your own beliefs critically. Don't be afraid to explore arguments for other fait ...[text shortened]... to find your belief on your own rather than blindly follow what parents and culture taught you.
    I was going to give this post a rec, because it makes sense, but I didn't because I'm in a bad mood.
    I'll rec it tomorrow.
  7. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:22
    Pure hubris.

I think it is best to examine your own beliefs critically. Don't be afraid to explore arguments for other fait ...[text shortened]... to find your belief on your own rather than blindly follow what parents and culture taught you.
    " ..... it is better to find your belief on your own rather than blindly follow what parents and culture taught you."

..... that's the Spirit. BDP ..... 😉
  8. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:241 edit
    Originally posted by KneverKnight
    I was going to give this post a rec, because it makes sense, but I didn't because I'm in a bad mood.
    I'll rec it tomorrow.
    Well, if your promises are as good as No1's, BDP can forget all about it ....
  9. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:25
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    Well, if your promises are as good as No1's, BDP can forget all about it ....
    Your trolling knows no bounds.

How do you look at yourself in the mirror, Ivanhoe?

Nemesio
  10. Standard memberDoctorScribbles
    BWA Soldier
    Tha Brotha Hood
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:27
    What is the spirituality here?
  11. Not Kansas
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:321 edit

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

12. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:33
    Pure hubris.

Hmm, you didn't answer my question.

And yes, I agree with everything you said, except the hubris part, naturally.

Which is exactly why I'm glad my parents didn't raise me as a Christian and I came to the decision of my own accord after exhaustive research and soul-searching.

However, I support your advice wholeheartedly. Do your own research!
  13. Standard memberNemesio
    Ursulakantor
    Pittsburgh, PA
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:33

The question is unjust, because people who call themselves Christian
    are 'cultists' in your mind. For example, all of the liturgical churches
    (i.e., RC, Lutheran, Anglican, Eastern Rites, &c), as well as all of the
    ones who have an avant-gard theological construct (Congregationalist,
    Christian Scientist, Mormon).

By your demeanor and words, you have expressed the great need for
    these so-called non-Christians to repent of their 'cultish' practices and
    'come to the True Church of Christ Jesus.' You have campaigned against
    them in the name of God.

You are a hypocrite, Darfius. #1 'campaigns' against you because you
    are a bigot -- a person who 'knows' he is right and scorns those 'too dim'
    to see it. You campaign on behalf of a Deity whom you claim is all about
    everlasting love, yet you slander the religious traditions of others when
    your own is fully ridden with stain.

You are a Pharisee -- mindlessly following the dictates of a Bible you hardly
    understand. Jesus tried to show you how to live a life of love, but you
    continue in your Crusade of Hate.

You should take a lesson from KellyJay and Huntingbear; they know their
    Bible, they know their Christianity. They hold fast to their views and faith
    without hate or slander. I may disagree with a bit, some, or all of what
    they write, but they write with love to the best of their ability to express it.

Nemesio
  14. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:34
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    Hi Darfius,

I will attempt to answer your question without sarcasm and in all seriousness...I know that sounds unbelieveable coming from me, right?

I can't speak for No1 or anybody else but I don't think Christianity is wrong and I don't feel the need to stop anyone from pursuing it. As I have said personally, it's just not for me for very very p ...[text shortened]... idered an "anti-Xian" I have no interest in stifling anyone who wishes to explore Christanity.
    I appreciate your sincere and valid response.
  15. Standard memberDarfius
    The Apologist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 05:36
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    The question is unjust, because people who call themselves Christian
    are 'cultists' in your mind. For example, all of the liturgical churches
    (i.e., RC, Lutheran, Anglican, Eastern Rites, &c), as well as all of the
    ones who have an avant-gard theological construct (Congregationalist,
    Christian Scientist, Mormon).

By your demeanor and words, you h ...[text shortened]... at
    they write, but they write with love to the best of their ability to express it.

Nemesio
    You are entitled to your opinion and I appreciate the detailed answer to the question.

However, I don't "scorn" anyone. I have love for all of you, and I'm sorry it doesn't show more. However, I will not sugercoat the Gospel nor Hell. Too many false conversions have been made that way.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree