1. Standard memberthesonofsaul
    King of the Ashes
    Trying to rise ....
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 15:45
    Originally posted by Darfius
    No1, particularly you, why do you feel the need to make sure no one else becomes a Christian? How does it harm you if they do? Why are you on a campaign to discredit everything a Christian presents?

The most obvious answer to me is that you are afraid we are right and you need assurance.
    The fewer people around that irrationally think that I'm bound for Hell the better. Of course, those people are better than the few that wish I would go to Hell, but at least these latter have a good reason.

... --- ...
  2. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 17:45
    Originally posted by Joe Fist
    Hi Darfius,

I will attempt to answer your question without sarcasm and in all seriousness...I know that sounds unbelieveable coming from me, right?

I can't speak for No1 or anybody else but I don't think Christianity is wrong and I don't feel the need to stop anyone from pursuing it. As I have said personally, it's just not for me for very very p ...[text shortened]... idered an "anti-Xian" I have no interest in stifling anyone who wishes to explore Christanity.
    A lot of non-Christians are always being sarcastic, do you think God likes Sarcasm?
  3. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 17:561 edit
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    A lot of non-Christians are always being sarcastic, do you think God likes Sarcasm?
    I'm not really sure what you are driving at or where your response is coming from. Nevertheless and with all due respect, I am not concerned with whether or not God like sarcasm because I don't share the same belief as you.

Darfius asked a very direct question to the anti-Christians and I felt compelled to answer it. I also expressed I have no wish to debate the subject any further as we both have different view points.
  4. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 17:57
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    I'd like to see these sorts of issues being decided not based on Christianity but on non religious reason. I don't mean to suggest I feel any particular way about any of these issues, and I don't mean to say they are all current laws, but rather that these are the issues that Christians put pressure on the U.S. about because of their religion.
    This is wishful, even destructive, thinking.

Humans aren't beings of pure reason. Everyone has a value system and issues they feel strongly about. Even though it sounds appealing to be open-minded in your viewpoints, it's not practical to leave them in a state of flux. Personal beliefs are inevitably going to play a part in how people vote.

It is tempting to imagine that only Christians want to push their value system on others, but a look at court decisions and laws shows influence from different perspectives.

5. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 18:34
    Originally posted by ivanhoe
    ATY: "Because Christians impose many of their beliefs on others through politics/law.

What are those beliefs which are being imposed on others through politics and law ?

ATH: "You guys are too powerful and too controlling as a whole in the United States and I want to undermine this political bloc."

At least you are honest about your intentions. ...[text shortened]... s by miles.

They have to do what Tony Blair did in the UK: Steal your opponents policies !
    Ivanhoe: In my opinion the Dems should move away from the feminist and liberal ideology in the so called "Culture of Death" debate, the abortion and euthanasia discussion. If the left would combine a strong policy of economic and social improvements for the lower ánd the middle classes, for instance moderate tax cuts for everybody, a strong homeland security policy and a strong foreign security policy in combination with a movement away from the so called Culture of Death ideology they would be able to beat the Republicans by miles.

Harry Truman once said something like if you give the people a choice between a Republican and a Republican, they'll vote for the Republican everytime. I think that's apt for your suggestion for the Democrats; remaking the party by dumping most of what's left of its individual rights centered ideology would assure Republican ascendency for a long time. Not that it would matter; a Democratic Party that espoused the positions you urge would be just as worthless as the Republicans who espouse the same policies.

6. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 18:59
    Originally posted by Nemesio
    Your trolling knows no bounds.

How do you look at yourself in the mirror, Ivanhoe?

Nemesio
    backwards probably
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 18:59
    I'm not really sure what you are driving at or where your response is coming from. Nevertheless and with all due respect, I am not concerned with whether or not God like sarcasm because I don't share the same belief as you.

Darfius asked a very direct question to the anti-Christians and I felt compelled to answer it. I also expressed I have no wish to debate the subject any further as we both have different view points.
    There that proves that we don't worship the same God like some believe and that we are not all children of God.
  8. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 19:07
    There that proves that we don't worship the same God like some believe and that we are not all children of God.
    Is there anyone in this discussion that can help me figure out what RBHILL is trying to say? In all seriousness. Darfius had a question directed toward the non-Christians. I stated my point of view and Darfius respectfully heard it.

RBHILL asks if I think God appreciates sarcasm and I responded it is not of my concern then he comes up with his conclusion. I honestly do not get his remark?
  9. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 19:11
    Is there anyone in this discussion that can help me figure out what RBHILL is trying to say? In all seriousness. Darfius had a question directed toward the non-Christians. I stated my point of view and Darfius respectfully heard it.

RBHILL asks if I think God appreciates sarcasm and I responded it is not of my concern then he comes up with his conclusion. I honestly do not get his remark?
    Pray for guidance and HE will reveal all, even the "workings" of RBHILL's "mind".
  10. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 19:18

I think perhaps RB "heard" you to say that God might appreciate sarcasm and that your viewpoints [about God] differed from Darfius--and he forgot for the moment that your viewpoint doesn't include God. 🙂
  11. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 19:241 edit
    Well again, I really don't understand your response but I will attempt to answer it anyway. I have never made the claim we all worship the same God so perhaps you were referring to someone else who has?

I don't have an opinion either way as whether or not we are children of God. I don't see how it ties in whether or not a person worships? I wouldn't think it would matter or it would be a requirement that someone had to worship in order to be a child of God. If I understand correctly, all people are children of God and, according to your beliefs, if the child does not accept Jesus they cannot enter Heaven. I didn't think that negated still being a "child of God"?
  12. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 19:28
    Originally posted by vistesd
    I think perhaps RB "heard" you to say that God might appreciate sarcasm and that your viewpoints [about God] differed from Darfius--and he forgot for the moment that your viewpoint doesn't include God. 🙂
    Hmm perhaps you are right. I know I have been extremely vicious and sarcastic in previous conversations so I wanted to make it a point not to be.

Anyway thanks for the insight and to reiterate, I am not attempting to be sarcastic by any of my responses or questions here.
  13. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 19:32
    I am not attempting to be sarcastic by any of my responses or questions here.
    Personally, I didn't think you were...
  14. Standard memberfrogstomp
    Bruno's Ghost
    In a hot place
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 19:39
    Originally posted by Darfius
    No1, particularly you, why do you feel the need to make sure no one else becomes a Christian? How does it harm you if they do? Why are you on a campaign to discredit everything a Christian presents?

The most obvious answer to me is that you are afraid we are right and you need assurance.
    Here's why
    for starters :
    You right wing propagandists are corrupting the message of Christ, turning Him into the Point Man for the Military -Industrial Complex and the Multi-Nationals. A war god like the OT Bull god.

You want to use state power to enforce YOUR religious beliefs on the people.
    Even down to forcing children to pledge allegiance to god while spoon feeding them religious dogma disquised as " creation science"

You want YOUR view of life codified into law. a view that Christ did not espouse even though abortions were done in His time.

In conclusion you and your ilk are turning the United States into a Fascist Theocracy . One for the rich and powerful and not at all Christian in fact : a nation that only an Anti-Christ could love.

15. Standard memberJoe Fist
    Troubador
    Land of Fist
    Moves
    07 Mar '05 20:13
    I just read your post "Are we all God's children, or only Christians? " so that answers my last question to you.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree