1. SubscriberKewpie
    since 1-Feb-07
    Australia
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 23:151 edit
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I would hope some of you have seen the news about Thailand.

It is deeply sad, and millions have lost their homes.

Another organisation worthy of a donation here is the worldwide Rotary ShelterBox Foundation, who are already providing emergency accommodation in the flooded areas.
    See www.shelterbox.org
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 23:501 edit
    The post that was quoted here has been removed
    And yet it seems as if Dasa feels, to some degree, empowered by the decency you have shown towards him. He has now reflected on how he is coming across, as you suggested. He seems resolute and it seems to have something to do with your "sincerity".
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 00:33
    Originally posted by FMF
    And yet it seems as if Dasa feels, to some degree, empowered by the decency you have shown towards him. He has now reflected on how he is coming across, as you suggested. He seems resolute and it seems to have something to do with your "sincerity".
    Do you believe life arose in a muddy puddle millions of years ago by chemicals randomly coming together?
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 00:46
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Do you believe life arose in a muddy puddle millions of years ago by chemicals randomly coming together?
    What does this have to do with your disgraceful comments directed at a fellow member of this community?
  5. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 01:10
    Originally posted by FMF
    What does this have to do with your disgraceful comments directed at a fellow member of this community?
    Pay closer attention FMF. If you believe in evolution it means you are a dishonest person who hates God.

Dasa said so himself many times. Therefore you are utterly without merit.

And if you eat meat you are doomed like me. 😉
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 01:18
    Originally posted by josephw
    Pay closer attention FMF. If you believe in evolution it means you are a dishonest person who hates God.

Dasa said so himself many times. Therefore you are utterly without merit.

And if you eat meat you are doomed like me.
    Unless you can find a way of making it witty or amusing, there is no good reason for you to 'interpret' what Dasa means, and what he thinks, for me. I don't see a great deal of difference between you and him, to be perfectly frank. You exhibit a lot more common decency, sure, and you are far less prolific, but that's about all. I have no reason to discuss science with Dasa.
  7. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 01:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    Unless you can find a way of making it witty or amusing, there is no good reason for you to 'interpret' what Dasa means, and what he thinks, for me. I don't see a great deal of difference between you and him, to be perfectly frank. You exhibit a lot more common decency, sure, and you are far less prolific, but that's about all. I have no reason to discuss science with Dasa.
    I was joking. I can't interpret what dasa means even for myself since he appears incapable of explaining it himself.

No doubt you are unable to see the difference between dasa and myself since you don't know God. That's not meant as derogatory, just an observation. I could easily out distance dasa if I chose to. But what would be the point? If just a few simple sentences can't make the point, what good would pages do?

But if I could offer a small criticism. You could lighten up a little yourself.
  8. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 01:461 edit
    No doubt you are unable to see the difference between dasa and myself since you don't know God. ?
    I am well versed in Christian theology. There is little difference: I read your religionist posts. And Dasa has provided us with many hundreds of posts about his religionist ideas. I see very little in the way of significant and objective difference between your mind set and his.

I could easily out distance dasa if I chose to. But what would be the point? If just a few simple sentences can't make the point, what good would pages do?

Well, this rather proves my point.
  9. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 01:51
    I was joking. I can't interpret what dasa means even for myself since he appears incapable of explaining it himself.
    This is why your attempted humour misses the mark. Dasa is capable of explaining what he means. Your dreary paraphrasing - or 'joke', as you put it - serves no purpose. If you don't understand what he means, address him directly. Don't pretend that you have any licence to mutter unsolicited nods-and-winks comments about Dasa to me.
  10. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 01:58
    Originally posted by FMF
    I am well versed in Christian theology. I read your religionist posts. And Dasa has provided us with many hundreds of posts about his religionist ideas. I see very little in the way of significant and objective difference between your mind set and his.

[b]I could easily out distance dasa if I chose to. But what would be the point? If just a few simple sentences can't make the point, what good would pages do?

Well, this rather proves my point.[/b]
    Everybody is "well versed". It means nothing if it doesn't lead one to the truth.

I'm not a religionist. That is what I am the least of in spite of what you may think you know about me.

For a guy who seems to think he knows what "unfit" is, you sure like to slap labels on folks that don't share your own views.

Smacks of hypocrisy.
  11. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 02:02
    For a guy who seems to think he knows what "unfit" is, you sure like to slap labels on folks that don't share your own views.

Smacks of hypocrisy.
    When did I say I think I know what "unfit" is? Didn't I in fact imply the opposite: that I reject the notion of people being declared "unfit"? Have I labelled you "unfit"? No. So what is the hypocrisy you detect?
  12. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 02:04
    I'm not a religionist.
    You purport to know what "God's instructions" are based on theological literature. You assert that this life we live is a preparation for an 'afterlife'. You are a religionist.
  13. Subscriberjosephw
    Owner
    Scoffer Mocker
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 02:06
    Originally posted by FMF
    When did I say I think I know what "unfit" is? Didn't I in fact imply the opposite: that I reject the notion of people being declared "unfit"? Have I labelled you "unfit"? No. So what is the hypocrisy you detect?
    I'll be perfectly honest with you. You're hostile. You're not debating anything. Just setting traps.
  14. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 02:12
    I'll be perfectly honest with you. You're hostile. You're not debating anything. Just setting traps.
    You said [I am] "... a guy who seems to think he knows what "unfit" is...".

Which of my posts made you think that I claim to know what "unfit" is?

Isn't it in fact the case that I clearly meant the opposite [in your 'ban Dasa' thread]?

There is no "trap" here, other than one that you seem to have set yourself. You have misrepresented what I said. Why?
  15. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 02:16
    You're not debating anything.
    We are debating my contention that you and Dasa are in many respects little different from each other. So far it has elicited a rather snide and not entirely honest response from you. Presumably my contention sails a little too close to reality for your liking.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree