1. Standard memberblack beetle
    Black Beastie
    Scheveningen
    Moves
    28 Oct '11 09:42
    I bow to your courage.
    Hang in there, mikelom. Impermanence holds as regards the fluid too.
    May All Beings Be Happy
  2. Joined
    24 May '10
    Moves
    28 Oct '11 13:28
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    Obvious troll is obvious.
    Yes. I suggest do not respond at all, for I do believe ego-feeding response is what is sought. Chastise, but do not hate.
    Respond as able to the need mikelom refers to, out of compassion and solidarity with humanity, who are the body of Buddha, one with the flowing Tao, those for whom Jesus of Nazareth died and indeed 'That' of the Hindu faith.
    My sympathies, mikelom. Sadly as we continue to damage our earthly home, which I am convinced of, though I know other's aren't, such sadness will unfortunately increase. Whatever we believe, let us do what we can and be supportive of each other.
  3. Wat?
    Moves
    28 Oct '11 16:58
    To the Apostle Saint John, who quietly just replied to me about loss:
    ---------------

Just as a fletcher straightens an arrow shaft, even so the discerning man straightens his mind — so fickle and unsteady, so difficult to guard.

As a fish when pulled out of water and cast on land throbs and quivers, even so is this mind agitated. Hence should one abandon the realm of self-mindfulness.

Wonderful, indeed, it is to subdue the mind, so difficult to subdue, ever swift, and seizing whatever it desires. A tamed mind brings happiness.

Let the discerning man guard the mind, so difficult to detect and extremely subtle, seizing whatever it desires. A guarded mind brings happiness.

Dwelling in the cave (of the heart), the mind, without form, wanders far and alone. Those who subdue this mind are liberated from the bonds of self-mindfulness.

Wisdom never becomes perfect in one whose mind is not steadfast, who knows not the Good Teaching and whose faith wavers.

There is no fear for an awakened one, whose mind is not sodden (by lust) nor afflicted (by hate), and who has gone beyond both merit and demerit.

Realizing that this body is as fragile as a clay pot, and fortifying this mind like a well-fortified city, fight out self-mindfulness with the sword of wisdom. Then, guarding the conquest, remain unattached.

Ere long, alas! this body will lie upon the earth, unheeded and lifeless, like a useless log.

Whatever harm an enemy may do to an enemy, or a hater to a hater, an ill-directed mind inflicts on oneself a greater harm.

Neither mother, father, nor any other relative can do one greater good than one's own well-directed mind.

---------------------

I wish you luck and steadful paths in your movements from now, same as you did.

I live in hopes of the same that our lives find fruitfulness in all that tomorrow holds.

-m.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree