1. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 02:391 edit
    I hate 2 things about this thread.

1. That Dasa once again has managed to hijack a thread and get attention.

2. That people continue to GIVE the guy attention. There is only one way to stop this madness and that is to band together and give the troll the cold shoulder permanently, resisting temptation. The result will be very predictable... threads will be created to push your buttons, each new thread being more insulting and arrogant than the previous one. But if we can stand to resist the (perfectly natural) temptation to shout down a hostile troll, he will finally go on to "greener" pastures.

I'm still praying for your mikelom. I know you don't think it's worth it, but, I'm compelled to do so anyway. This weekend, Dasa and I will be contributing to the fund you suggested. God bless you.
  2. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 02:57
    Originally posted by sumydid

2. That people continue to GIVE the guy attention.
    Actually, I think there is something slightly different about what Dasa has revealed about himself on this thread. Is the frequently apparent symbiotic link between religious conviction and callous inhumanity - the 'dissenters deserve what they get' self-anointed dehumanization thing Dasa is exhibiting here - a wider problem, the world over, and an example of "spirituality" in a most toxic kind of harness? Personally I don't think the thread has been hijacked. I think the humanity of this forum shines through, and Dasa's lack of it just accentuates the fact.
  3. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 03:04
    FMF,

Ok, I can dig it. Points taken on all counts.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 03:08
    I hate 2 things about this thread.....2. That people continue to GIVE the guy attention.
    It could be that the web site condones the attention/forum activity. If I am not mistaken mikelom has been temporarily forum banned for taking exception to Dasa's comments, while Dasa's posts remain.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 03:14
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Yes if you are privy to the over view of my perception of all things considered.
    I did not think it possible but you have reached a new low on the humanitarian scale. You should be ashamed of yourself and meditate on your failures as a human being, your karma will prevail to have you come back in your next life as a frog.
  6. Forum Moderator
    22 Oct '11 20:25
    OK, thread has been taken way off topic. Might be worthwhile people re-reading Mike's original post again.
  7. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    22 Oct '11 20:401 edit
    Originally posted by Forum Moderator
    OK, thread has been taken way off topic. Might be worthwhile people re-reading Mike's original post again.
    It's like Superman 3.

Where were you when we needed you Superman?
  8. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 06:00

2. That people continue to GIVE the guy attention. There is only one way to stop this madness and that is to band together and give the troll the cold shoulder permanently, resisting temptation. The result will be very predictable... threads ...[text shortened]... This weekend, Dasa and I will be contributing to the fund you suggested. God bless you.
    I gave you a thumb up for that last paragraph.
    So far, you are my favourite christian here lately. You seem to show a worldy understanding that seems to be lacking in some of the other christian posters. Nice to read your posts again.
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 08:04
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I gave you a thumb up for that last paragraph.
    What about the rest of his post - I thought that was pretty good too?
  10. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    23 Oct '11 08:06
    Originally posted by divegeester
    What about the rest of his post - I thought that was pretty good too?
    Maybe karoly is concerned that sumydid is not giving Dasa 90% credit where 90% credit is due. 😀
  11. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    28 Oct '11 02:111 edit
    Thailand is in my thoughts and prayers.
  12. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    28 Oct '11 02:14
    Originally posted by divegeester
    It's like Superman 3.

Where were you when we needed you Superman?
    He was disguised as Clark Kent, and was busy trying to hit on Lois Lane.
  13. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    28 Oct '11 02:31
    mikelom said he is staying back to help other victims but the authorities are pleading with folks NOT to do this. Very dangerous.

Brave and altruistic... but dangerous! Stay alive mikelom!
  14. Wat?
    Moves
    28 Oct '11 08:52
    mikelom said he is staying back to help other victims but the authorities are pleading with folks NOT to do this. Very dangerous.

Brave and altruistic... but dangerous! Stay alive mikelom!
    Thank you sumydid.

The people we helped, and stayed with us, have now left BKK. We gave what finances we could, to add from others.

If there are more who need help, although we lost our home and 'things', we (I) am fortunate that my wife owns a third floor condo to where we have managed to arrive. It is in BKK itself, but the water surely won't get this high. 🙁

If there are others who need refuge, who haven't left their ground level homes locally, due to inability or lack of finances, then we will remain here. There is little way out now from where we are anyway, so our decision to remain and help has been enforced by events and our own decisions.

Drinking water is now unavailable from local shops but we have a purifier now working, as long as we have electricity. The street water level here is only 15cm currently, so we can freely walk to venture to buy whatever is left on the shelves, be it a long walk and a long search, and we can give and fill empty bottles for those who need to cook noodles and drink.

Despite our losses, we have indeed managed to help some of the older folks to get to places where they needed to, to family etc. Costs have risen, so we haven't been able to do as much as we planned. However all little helps some.

We are currently safe and hope the high tides, which are predicted (but were also predicted 5 days ago), do not prevail and hinder our area.

It's a wait to see if outside rises to 1.5m, or luck remains with us in our current position. I just don't fancy another swim in the dirty waters but may have to, eventually, if our packets of noodles run out in the next week. 😲

As long as I am online, you know we have electric. 🙂

That would be electric with 'positivity'.. 😉

-m.
  15. Joined
    05 Feb '11
    Moves
    28 Oct '11 09:06
    Mikelom, I am sorry to hear about the flood. Be safe.
    Thank you for all the good work and help that you have been doing.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree