1. Wat?
    Moves
    20 Oct '11 10:56
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    So, considering that the record may be partly due to global warming and is almost certainly due to various changes that are here to stay, it is likely to happen again.
    What do you think can be done to prevent a disaster next time?
    Flood channels and underground piping from the dams to the sea.

I am no irrigation expert, so there may be obvious flaws, and costs, involved that I have no idea in reality. It needs experts, not mikelom.

Either that, or water purification plants in more numbers, and water exports supported by various governments to drought victims and their areas.

Basic ideas, that could be worked with some enthusiasm and shared government funds!

-m.
  2. Wat?
    Moves
    20 Oct '11 14:19
    http://www.thaivisa.com/forum/topic/506566-thai-pm-to-ask-bangkok-to-open-all-floodgates/
  3. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 04:04
    Originally posted by mikelom
    I would hope some of you have seen the news about Thailand.

It is deeply sad, and millions have lost their homes.

I abandoned my home today, and had to wade 5ft thru sewerage that had drained up, as my lounge filled with water and floods.

For what it is worth, if you see a slight option of a 5 dollar/5quid/10 dollar/10quid donation, and you can g ...[text shortened]... wallet out for this one, or are you going to say it's a gift from God for Buddhist atheists?
    If you cant do the time - don't do the crime.
  4. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 04:12
    Originally posted by Dasa
    Dasa, although your statement technically doesn't make any sense, you have just revealed yourself to be a cold, selfish, Godless person who should forever be snubbed and eschewed by all from this point forward. You're a disgrace to humanity.
  5. Wat?
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 04:13

This post is unavailable.

Please refer to our posting guidelines.

6. Wat?
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 04:16
    Originally posted by sumydid
    Dasa, although your statement technically doesn't make any sense, you have just revealed yourself to be a cold, selfish, Godless person who should forever be snubbed and eschewed by all from this point forward. You're a disgrace to humanity.
    Recd and seconded. A man who has a heart writes!

-m.

The 'it' man irates me to the point of permissible expletives, and there are few humans who do that to me.... 🙁

How cruel in this adversity can he become?
  7. Standard memberDasa
    Dasa
    Account suspended
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 04:16
    It make perfect sense if you are not ignorant.
  8. Wat?
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 04:20
    It make perfect sense if you are not ignorant.
    Oh my Buddha! You actually think you are God, don't you?

You are the lowest of the low.

You have just proven how ignorant and arrogant you are, and as sumytid said 'Godless'. You have nothing further to prove to us all. You have just proven to yourself how empty and pathetic your character really is.

Now go jump, please.

-m.
  9. Standard membersumydid
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Not of this World
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 04:34
    This is at the worst time all year in my finances, so I was thinking I'd put up a meager $25. But Dasa has inspired me to put up $25 more on his behalf.

Is there any way to send you the funds directly?
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 04:36
    I can spare about ten bucks.

Dasa, that was terribly insensitive and downright wrong, mate.
    Keep you "honest" posts to where they belong, which seems like only the threads you start at the moment.
  11. Wat?
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 04:54
    This is at the worst time all year in my finances, so I was thinking I'd put up a meager $25. But Dasa has inspired me to put up $25 more on his behalf.

Is there any way to send you the funds directly?
    I cannot accept a personal donation. I may have lost everything, including all 'white goods', but there are people much worse off than me mate.

I think the safest, and reassuring way, to know any donation is going to the peoples' needs directly is vis the International Red Cross.

And, believe me, my wife just read your words and cried. People do care about our country. We are too emotional at this moment, as we don't know where we go next. The car was perished last night, so our potential home is also gone.

But we do have spirit, and know the now we live in can only get better as the now of a tomorrow.

Much obliged sumytid.

-m.

And my apologies for being abusive to Dasa, but he darned well deserved it, under the circumstances!! :'(
  12. Wat?
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 04:57
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    I can spare about ten bucks.

Dasa, that was terribly insensitive and downright wrong, mate.
    Keep you "honest" posts to where they belong, which seems like only the threads you start at the moment.
    1 buck here is ten meals of some fried rice with a little fish or pork here.

10 bucks is a hundred meals you would be feeding desperate people with.

Please try.

-m.
  13. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 05:411 edit
    Originally posted by mikelom
    1 buck here is ten meals of some fried rice with a little fish or pork here.

10 bucks is a hundred meals you would be feeding desperate people with.

Please try.

-m.
    Next week I'll get mums credit card to donate - ten bucks is the cheapest pack of ciggies here, so it's nothing really and more people should donate, including Dasa.
    Even if you are below the poverty line here you would be quite well off in a place like Thailand.

It's just the thing - the poor often help the poor because they know what it's like.
    It's always like that when I'm busking where the suits with moblies just walk on by,(often even singing along and enjoying the music), whereas the little old ladies who have just picked up their pensions will throw in 2 buks, which is something to them but virtually nothing for the "suits".
    They say that they are rich because they dont give their money away, which is patently ridiculous,(we're talking about a few dollars here), but still people but that arguement.
    I find it just appalling how the rich act
  14. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 06:37
    So you have only just now started reading his posts then!
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    21 Oct '11 06:41
    What was the crime?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree