1. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 05:30
    Originally posted by @tom-wolsey
    I normally stay away from you since you did make a point of telling everyone you help run this website--which makes you particularly dangerous since that means you have personal information on the long, ever-growing list of users you hate.
    🙄
  2. Standard memberTom Wolsey
    Aficionado of Prawns
    Texas
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 14:481 edit
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    [b]You’re either/or in your first sentence has nothing to do with the content of the post of yours which I was reply to and is therefore a stawman.
    You replied to my statement saying it's nonsense and sour grapes. Obviously you had a problem with it and I asked why. Either you didn't like it because you think it called you out, or, it was "nonsense" because it applies to no one in your opinion. Totally NOT a straw man.

My relply was made in response to the content of your other post; what you are doing here is trying to affix my reply to your last post to new content in this one, that is dishonest Tom.
    What on Earth are you talking about. What other post. And here we are, already in the weeds, with my comment illegitimately labeled a straw man, and you referencing some other irrelevant post. Yes, I would say you fit my initial "straw man" description quite perfectly.

edit: This is my last reply. I don't want to anger you to the point where you look up my personal information and do something we'll both regret.
  3. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 17:211 edit

What on Earth are you talking about. What other post.
    Here is the exchange as you can see the "other post" is quite simply the one I replied with the bolding. My bolding for emphasis. I didn't like your either/ OR piece. it's not complicated.

The reason posts in the Spirituality forum get so convoluted is because there are a couple of people here who apparently think it's their job to confuse even the most carefully laid out arguments and eventually turn the whole thing into a personal argument. It's not the forum itself or the subject matter. It's the usual suspects, lying in wait, pouncing on any comments made by people they don't like.

My reply
    This (the above post) is absolute nonsense and not a little sour grapes by you.

Was there something in what I said that you felt applied to you? Or are you saying there is absolutely no one here who would derail threads, obfuscate discussions, and make things personal?[/b] But since you took offense and apparently made it about you, let's see. In just your last few posts, you brought up Suzianne's past personal claims and threw them in her face... once again. And you once again brought up Eladar's alleged eating habits.
    Is this where you say they deserved it, and remind us what horrible people they are?
    I normally stay away from you since you did make a point of telling everyone you help run this website--which makes you particularly dangerous since that means you have personal information on the long, ever-growing list of users you hate.

My reply to the part I've bolded above
    Your either/or in your first sentence has nothing to do with the content of the post of yours which I was reply to and is therefore a strawman. My reply was made in response to the content of your other post; what you are doing here is trying to affix my reply to your last post to new content in this one, that is dishonest Tom.
  4. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 17:23
    This is my last reply. I don't want to anger you to the point where you look up my personal information and do something we'll both regret.
    You don't have the capacity to make me angry old chap 🙂
  5. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    17 Jul '18 17:26
    Originally posted by @divegeester
    You don't have the capacity to make me angry old chap 🙂
    Romans did.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '18 04:56
    Originally posted by @dj2becker
    Romans did.
    I’m sure you of all people would love to think that Daniel.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree