Fossil record supports creation

Fossil record supports creation

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
29 Apr 14

Originally posted by sonhouse
Evilution as it is told by creationists is political in nature, they wish to convert weak minded individuals easily swayed by smooth talking preachers who make points not easily refuted by the uneducated.

This is a deliberate scam to build up political pressure making it easier to bring law suits in the US and elsewhere.
That is exactly what I said.

Evilution is invented by creationists and is of political nature. Evilutionists (those creationists who know nothing about science) wish to convert weak minded individuals easily swayed by smooth talking that makes points not easily refuted by the uneducated. One like you.

Über-Nerd

Moves
29 Apr 14

FF:"Evilution is invented by creationists and is of political nature. "

The real issue is not evolution/evilution; it's really about the secular public school system in America. Some people in American still haven't fully accepted the principle of the separation of church and state. Church-funded schools can teach anything they want.

For those who may not know the history, here is the gist of it: in 1925, school teacher John Scopes was convicted of teaching something at variance with Scripture, which was at that time mandated in the public schools in Tennessee, which is Bible Belt territory. His conviction was overturned on a technicality and the right wing is still chafing. It is a peculiarly American Protestant issue. Mainstream Christians, incl the Vatican, have accepted that evolution really happened and is not 'just a theory'.

http://law2.umkc.edu/faculty/projects/ftrials/scopes/evolut.htm

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Apr 14

Originally posted by C Hess
I showed you how "information" was added to DNA under observed conditions, and you
replied something to the effect that it's not confirmed by your creationist "scientists".
I don't see it.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Apr 14
1 edit

Originally posted by moonbus
RJH: "The fossil remains that are dated 380 million years of age or greater have not changed from remains of the same animals we have today. That indicates the evolution does not take place. An alligator fossil from the past is still easily identified today as looking like a modern alligator, because there has been no change over time as the theory of evolut ...[text shortened]... how moths (or any other form of life) got started in the first place; that is a separate issue.
Peppered Moths, Textbook Fraud Case

http://www.darwinthenandnow.com/2011/06/peppered-moths-textbook-fraud-case/

ARE PEPPERED MOTHS EVIDENCE FOR EVOLUTION?

ANSWER: NO

It is just evidence of a population change.

Moves
29 Apr 14

Originally posted by RJHinds
I don't see it.
Not my problem.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
29 Apr 14

Originally posted by googlefudge
I agree, with a couple of minor tweaks.

Creatures like crocodiles and sea turtles may not have outwardly changed [much]
in hundreds of millions of years.

However they will have been in evolutionary arms races with bacteria and viruses
that whole time, as well as needing to adapt to changing atmospheric content..

So they will have changed and evolved over that period... just not in ways captured
in the fossil record.
In other words, Evolution Can't Be Proven By The Fossil Record.

F

Moves
30 Apr 14

In other words, you don't believe in fossils, and what they are showing us according to scinece.

Learn more, and then debate about it.

Moves
30 Apr 14

No, but it can be supported by the fossil record, and indeed it is.

Tell us, how does the fossil record support creationism?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Apr 14

Originally posted by C Hess
No, but it can be supported by the fossil record, and indeed it is.

Tell us, how does the fossil record support creationism?
As I have already pointed out, the sudden appearance of complete fossil skeletons of most all the major groups in what is called the Cambrian Explosion is evidence of sudden creation verses slow evolution.

The fact that these fossil skeletons look just the same as the skeletons of the modern creatures of today supports the creation model of kinds reproducing after their own kind.

F

Moves
30 Apr 14

As I have already pointed out, the sudden appearance of complete fossil skeletons of most all the major groups in what is called the Cambrian Explosion is evidence of sudden creation verses slow evolution.

The fact that these fossil skeletons look just the same as the skeletons of the modern creatures of today supports the creation model of kinds reproducing after their own kind.
Your answer is ... what?

"Fossils are created by God and is placed where they are found by scientists exactly where God wanted them to find it."

... or what?

Moves
30 Apr 14

If indeed you don't accept the geological timeline as accurate, then you could say that
many new forms of life "suddenly" appeared during the cambrian explosion. You'd also
have to admit then, that a large number of "kinds" died out in that same period. In fact, if
you consider the sheer number of life forms that came to be and died out during this era,
an era supposedly of six days, you'd have to ask how precise that god of yours is, when it
comes to creation.

God: Damn! No that doesn't work. Let's think this almost identical life form into existence
instead, and let the first one die. Nope doesn't work for me either... [repeat thousands of
times]

As for second point, the fact that you've managed to find a few animals whose skeletal
structure haven't changed much over the eons, doesn't by a long shot negate all the
thousands of fossils that do show evidence of change over time (both of which are
perfectly consistent with the theory of evolution).

Do you believe, as some creationists apparently do, that it was the flood that took out all
these forms of life now extinct (dinosaurs included) and left them to fossilise once the
flood was over?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Apr 14

You apparently don't understand what is meant by the Cambrian Explosion. So here is a brief video introduction for you:

F

Moves
30 Apr 14

You apparently don't understand what is meant by the Cambrian Explosion. So here is a brief video introduction for you:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8USBI0GSSOA
Do you really believe there was such a period in the history of Earth as the Cambrium Period?

When did that happen? At the year 3 000 BC? Or when?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
30 Apr 14

Originally posted by FabianFnas
Do you really believe there was such a period in the history of Earth as the Cambrium Period?

When did that happen? At the year 3 000 BC? Or when?
I would guess about 4400 - 4500 B.C.

F

Moves
30 Apr 14

I would guess about 4400 - 4500 B.C.
You guess? You guess? But where are the facts about it?

Are you guess supported by the bible? Please give us a ref.