1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 15:34
    Dr. Jerry Bergman shows how the fossil record is an embarrassment to evolutionists.

Jerry Bergman has taught biology, genetics, chemistry, biochemistry, anthropology, geology, and microbiology at Northwest State College in Archbold OH for over 25 years. He has 9 degrees, including 7 graduate (= 'post-graduate' in some non-US systems) degrees. Dr Bergman is a graduate of Medical College of Ohio, Wayne State University in Detroit, The University of Toledo, and BHere is what Powling Green State University. He has over 800 publications in 12 languages and 20 books and monographs. He has also taught at the Medical College of Ohio where he was a research associate in the department of experimental pathology, and he also taught 6 years at the University of Toledo, and 7 years at Bowing Green State University.

YouTube
  2. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 15:43
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Dr. Jerry Bergman shows how the fossil record is an embarrassment to evolutionists.

Jerry Bergman has taught biology, genetics, chemistry, biochemistry, anthropology, geology, and microbiology at Northwest State College in Archbold OH for over 25 years. He has 9 degrees, including 7 graduate (= 'post-graduate' in some non-US systems) degrees. Dr Bergman i ...[text shortened]... edo, and 7 years at Bowing Green State University.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=cyJDuYz8EmI
    He might have 'taught' those things [one wonders how badly] but he's not a qualified expert in most
    of them, and even if he were... He's still a factually wrong liar and raving loon... So you two would
    get along fabulously.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jerry_Bergman

Biography

Bergman graduated from Wayne State University where he got his bachelor's degree in 1970 and obtained Ph.D. in biomedical science there six years later. In 1986 he got his M.A. degree in social psychology from the Bowling Green State University, subsequently joining the teaching staff; however he was denied tenure in 1979 and dismissed in 1980.[3] By 1992 he obtained Ph.D. in human biology from the Columbia Pacific University, an unaccredited institution, which was subsequently closed by court order. By 1999 he obtained his Master's in biomedical science from the Medical College of Ohio and two years later got his M.P.H. degree there as well. In 1983 he became a fellow of the American Scientific Affiliation and later on had the same position at the American Scientific Association and was a member of the National Association for the Advancement of Science.[2]

He was also listed on the Who’s Who in America and other Who's Who related lists. For ten years he has worked in many mental health clinics as a professional counselor and was a consultant to such magazines as Reader's Digest and Amnesty International and for news channels such as ABC and CBS. Due to his numerous articles and books he was invited to the Paul Harvey Show where he appeared more than once. His numerous books were published by such publishers as the College Student Journal Press, the Phi Delta Kappa and the Onesimus Press.[2]

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2011/03/03/bergman-still-crazy/
  3. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 15:44

Jerry Bergman has taught biology, genetics, chemistry, biochemistry, anthropology, geology, and microbiology at Northwest State College in Archbold OH for over 25 years. He has 9 degrees, including 7 graduate (= 'post-graduate' in some non-US systems) degrees. Dr Bergman i ...[text shortened]... edo, and 7 years at Bowing Green State University.

watched it still think evolution is the ticket.
  4. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 15:47

Two questions. On what basis do you use the title "Dr" for him? Is any of his work on the fossil record peer reviewed?
  5. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 15:57
    Originally posted by FMF
    Two questions. On what basis do you use the title "Dr" for him? Is any of his work on the fossil record peer reviewed?
    Well, it sounds like his first PhD may be legitt:
    Bergman graduated from Wayne State University where he got his bachelor's degree in 1970 and obtained Ph.D. in biomedical science there six years later.

so I think the term 'Dr' is valid. However, he does not seem to have anything published on the fossil record.

--- Penguin
  6. Joined
    28 Oct '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 16:05
    Originally posted by Penguin
    Well, it sounds like his first PhD may be legitt:
    Bergman graduated from Wayne State University where he got his bachelor's degree in 1970 and obtained Ph.D. in biomedical science there six years later.

so I think the term 'Dr' is valid. However, he does not seem to have anything published on the fossil record.

--- Penguin
    His PhD pertains to fossils?
  7. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 16:08
    Originally posted by FMF
    Most definitely not. Read the Wiki article, it's not very long and lists his degrees, masters and PhD. None of them are anything to do with fossils.
  8. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 16:30
    Originally posted by FMF
    I have never heard of a PhD in fossils. However, he is obviously a medical doctor and has earned the title Dr.
  9. Standard memberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 16:32
    I have never heard of a PhD in fossils. However, he is obviously a medical doctor and has earned the title Dr.
    Palaeontology.
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 16:35
    This video shows that the dating of rocks and fossils are based on circular reasoning to fit the idea of billions of years, and not on faulty radiometric dating.

Geologic Column & Uniformitarianism

YouTube
  11. Subscribermoonbus
    Über-Nerd
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 16:38
    Originally posted by FMF
    "Dr Bergman is a graduate of Medical College of Ohio"

http://www.answersingenesis.org/home/area/bios/j_bergman.asp
  12. Joined
    31 May '06
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 16:421 edit
    For a more detailed look at how insane this guy is, try PZ's write-up of a debate he had with the guy...

Apparently Jerry Bergman thinks that Carbon is irreducibly complex...

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2009/11/17/that-bergman-myers-debate/

EDIT: and a link to videos of the debate itself

http://scienceblogs.com/pharyngula/2011/06/28/now-you-too-can-facepalm-to-je/
  13. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 17:07
    Fossil record supports creation
    So you do believe in fossils? Good boy.
    The next step is to learn more about the subject.
    Don't believe everything creationists teach you
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 19:121 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    So you do believe in fossils? Good boy.
    The next step is to learn more about the subject.
    Don't believe everything creationists teach you
    I have already learned not to believe everything the evolutionists tell me. I am still evaluating the creationists, but most of them seem right on. Like this one:

Evolutionists Date Rocks & Fossils with Circular Reasoning

YouTube
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Apr '14 19:22
    I have already learned not to believe everything the evolutionists tell me. I am still evaluating the creationists, but most of them seem right on. Like this one:

Evolutionists Date Rocks & Fossils with Circular Reasoning

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=efcJEIV2RAk
    As long you get to believe in the science of fossils, you have taken a step towards the truth. The next step will be easier. You are progressing! Good boy!

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree