1. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 21:32
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Was the serpent good?
    Sorry for the delay. The serpent was good; the one who embodied the form was not. Prior to the creation of man, Lucifer was a cherub guardian of God's glory. When given an earthly form for purposes of communicating with man, as Satan, he was given the form of the serpent.
  2. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 21:39
    Originally posted by rwingett
    What evil did they see? Freaky seems to think there was no evil until after they ate from the tree. Are you claiming that evil predated that event? In any case, the bible is quite explicit in that Adam and Eve had no knowledge of good and evil until after they ate from the tree. Furthermore, it is quite apparent that god did not want them to have thi ...[text shortened]... e then either? Does it follow that god did not even intend for mankind to have free will at all?
    evil is the opposite of good and i believe the reason they had no knowledge of good and evil is because they were doing good because they never knew of evil, so it was like they were doing good without even knowing it.
  3. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 21:53
    Originally posted by EcstremeVenom
    evil is the opposite of good and i believe the reason they had no knowledge of good and evil is because they were doing good because they never knew of evil, so it was like they were doing good without even knowing it.
    Before they ate from the tree, if there were 3 good things to choose from, did they have 'free will' in deciding?
  4. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 21:56
    Originally posted by ThinkOfOne
    Before they ate from the tree, if there were 3 good things to choose from, did they have 'free will' in deciding?
    there is only one good and one evil
  5. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 22:102 edits
    there is only one good and one evil
    The point is that 'free will' existed without evil. I'm not sure why so many people feel compelled to bundle the two. It doesn't make sense.

Uuuh, so that man would have free will, yeeeah, that's the ticket.

An "I don't know" would be much more appropriate.
  6. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 22:14
    The point is that 'free will' existed without evil. I'm not sure why so many people feel compelled to bundle the two. It doesn't make sense.

Uuuh, so that man would have free will, yeeeah, that's the ticket.
    God made hell so that we wouldnt be forced to go to heaven, he gave us a choice; that is what free will is. good/heaven or evil/hell
  7. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 22:201 edit
    God made hell so that we wouldnt be forced to go to heaven, he gave us a choice; that is what free will is. good/heaven or evil/hell
    Does the scripture back up that claim?

Here's a reasonable definition of 'free will' that I just found:

'Free Will' is a philosophical term of art for a particular sort of capacity of rational agents to choose a course of action from among various alternatives.

I wouldn't think that the 'various alternatives' would have to include both 'good' and 'evil'.
  8. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 22:40
    Does the scripture back up that claim?

Here's a reasonable definition of 'free will' that I just found:

'Free Will' is a philosophical term of art for a particular sort of capacity of rational agents to choose a course of action from among various alternatives.

I wouldn't think that the 'various alternatives' would have to include both 'good' and 'evil'.
    yeah somewhere in there
  9. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 22:49
    yeah somewhere in there
    Care to share it with the rest of us?
  10. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 22:52
    Care to share it with the rest of us?
    i dont read that crap
  11. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    30 Apr '07 22:57
    i dont read that crap
    Then what's the point of this thread?
  12. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 May '07 00:40
    Then what's the point of this thread?
    to learn, and to voice my opinion
  13. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 May '07 00:541 edit
    to learn, and to voice my opinion
    Albeit an uninformed opinion from the sound of it. Maybe you should consider reading the Bible before offering an opinion on what it says 🙂
  14. Joined
    06 Jul '06
    Moves
    01 May '07 01:00
    Albeit an uninformed opinion from the sound of it. Maybe you should consider reading the Bible before offering an opinion on what it says 🙂
    everything i know is from memory cuz i used to go to church when i was little
  15. Joined
    15 Oct '06
    Moves
    01 May '07 01:03
    everything i know is from memory cuz i used to go to church when i was little
    Interesting that you call it 'crap'. Why so?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree