1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Oct '17 15:27
    I believe that since He knew this was a necessary potentiality He created a top, most wise, most perfect like creature. And I don't know how long the universe went along without a controversy of another will beside the will of God. But eventually there was introduced another will from this supremely high being in opposition to God's will.

I believe that God, instead of dealing with each case of rebellion completely individually, subsumed all rebellion under this one reservoir - Satan the Daystar, the Devil [Lucifer (Latin] ). All rebellion of taking "the other way" besides the way of God has been accumulated under one grand reservoir of this leader.

All rebellion was allowed to arise under Satan's grand leadership.
    All rebellion will be judged after a very long time of God's long-suffering under this one repository of revolt.

Now this is only a post and not a chapter or a book.
    It does not deal with everything or answer all questions.
    For length's sake I stop here.

The existence of SIN comes out of the potentiality for created beings to choose from their free wills to withdraw from God and His will to some other way. Sin and death is the only possible result.
  2. SubscriberGhost of a Duke
    Resident of Planet X
    The Ghost Chamber
    Moves
    02 Oct '17 15:34
    Originally posted by @sonship
    The point is that there are the laws of God.
    Though God create sentient beings His creation of them did not cause these laws to not be.

I have some confidence that if a thinking person contemplate this for awhile it should make perfect sense.

God the Creator is righteousness and no greater righteousness can exist.
    He has His law, His way, the way t ...[text shortened]... tors choose another way beside the will of God.

God's law is over the way things should go.
    You accept of course that this is just speculation, including 'God the Creator is righteousness and no greater righteousness can exist?'

As a mere human being you could not know this for sure. (Or 'at all' in fact).
  3. Joined
    24 Apr '10
    Moves
    02 Oct '17 15:39
    The point is that there are the laws of God.
    Though God create sentient beings His creation of them did not cause these laws to not be.

I have some confidence that if a thinking person contemplate this for awhile it should make perfect sense.

God the Creator is righteousness and no greater righteousness can exist.
    He has His law, His way, the way t ...[text shortened]... tors choose another way beside the will of God.

God's law is over the way things should go.
    Blablabla.

The point is that people who commit suicide don't do so out of free will, yes?
  4. Standard memberapathist
    looking for loot
    western colorado
    Moves
    02 Oct '17 15:41
    I believe that ...
    You are whack, son. Koresh and jones and inquisition and heaven's gate, and everything rotten about humanity. Kill the villiage wisdom and revel in torture and pain of others. Just go stew in your own crap.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    02 Oct '17 16:12
    Originally posted by @apathist
    You are whack, son. Koresh and jones and inquisition and heaven's gate, and everything rotten about humanity. Kill the villiage wisdom and revel in torture and pain of others. Just go stew in your own crap.
    You are whack, son. Koresh and jones and inquisition and heaven's gate, and everything rotten about humanity.

Apathist, this kind of blanket generalizating "guilt by association" simply does not impress me.

This is so feeble an argument.
    So David Koresh means Jesus Christ is immoral ?
    So the Spanish Inquisition means Jesus is evil. phony, crack-pot?

These matters you bring out to me are a statement to the wickedness of man.
    He will cease upon what is highest and holiest to justify his lust or hunger for power.
    These are statements not to Christ's unreality but to need for Christ and His salvation.

Did the Bible suggest that religious evils could not exist ?
    Did the New Testament say nothing of the possibility that evil could be carried out under the banner of God ?

New American Standard Bible (John 16:2)
    "They will make you outcasts from the synagogue, but an hour is coming for everyone who kills you to think that he is offering service to God.

Have you noticed how many millions were killed under your atheist ideology in the 20th century. Pol Pot, Stalin, Mao, Hitler all great haters of the Christian gospel - haters or cynical exploiters.

Don't argue that Stalin went to seminary or Nazis had something about God on their belt buckles. Both men considered themselves as supreme beings above which was no greater authority.

Kill the villiage wisdom and revel in torture and pain of others. Just go stew in your own crap.

Well, what I have is working models of Christian communities called local churches over the globe on all the continents except the South Poll. So I am more impressed with models of successful corporate entities of Christians LIVING the gospel of Christ.

Your apathetic armchair atheism is not more convincing.
  6. Joined
    01 Oct '04
    Moves
    03 Oct '17 17:321 edit
    Originally posted by @great-king-rat
    Blablabla.

The point is that people who commit suicide don't do so out of free will, yes?
    Is that what the ghost of a duke tells you?
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    06 Oct '17 00:07
    Originally posted by @ghost-of-a-duke
    You accept of course that this is just speculation, including 'God the Creator is righteousness and no greater righteousness can exist?'
    ----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I consider His superlative rightness to be part of the definition of God.

As a mere human being you could not know this for sure. (Or 'at all' in fact).

---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

That may be so. But there is trust which is worthy.

As the son of my earthly father, I cannot know for sure that he really is my father.
    I was not there to witness my own birth.
    I could be so suspicious as to suspect he has lied all these years.
    I could suspect the birth certificate is in error.
    I could suspect that a DNA analysis proving it is faulty.

By and large I have come to trust that the man who claims he is my father really is my father.

I trust God's manifestation in Jesus Christ that there is no one more righteous.
    I believe that the resurrection of Jesus Christ is God's seal and guarantee that that life was absolutely righteous. It is a kind of divine stamp of approval forever.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree