1. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    21 Sep '13 00:392 edits
    Something I have said several times here, I want freedom FROM religion. Now I find out ( from a little ad in Scientific American) other people thought the exact same thing!

    http://ffrf.org/

    One of their sayings: Freedom from religion, reason's greetings!

    Wow, unbeknownst to me, I found their facebook page and found my son Kevin is part of the group! I can't wait to talk to him about it.
  2. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    21 Sep '13 00:42
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Something I have said several times here, I want freedom FROM religion. Now I find out ( from a little ad in Scientific American) other people thought the exact same thing!

    http://ffrf.org/
    Then donate to them.

    The Instructor
  3. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    21 Sep '13 00:46
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Then donate to them.

    The Instructor
    I intend to. I would give them a million dollars if I had it. ANYTHING to stop the likes of you and your buddies.
  4. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    21 Sep '13 01:44
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I intend to. I would give them a million dollars if I had it. ANYTHING to stop the likes of you and your buddies.
    Thankfully there is a God.
  5. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    21 Sep '13 02:03
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Thankfully there is a God.
    Perhaps there is a god or two but it is clear if there is, it is keeping strictly hands off on humans. We play out our destiny with no help for said alleged god, it will not be coming down to fix our boo boo's if we off ourselves by the billions, if we off ALL of ourselves in some really creative stupid way, said alleged god would just shrug its invisible shoulders and go, time to start another experiment, these dudes failed. NEXT.
  6. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    21 Sep '13 02:06
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Perhaps there is a god or two but it is clear if there is, it is keeping strictly hands off on humans. We play out our destiny with no help for said alleged god, it will not be coming down to fix our boo boo's if we off ourselves by the billions, if we off ALL of ourselves in some really creative stupid way, said alleged god would just shrug its invisible shoulders and go, time to start another experiment, these dudes failed. NEXT.
    Is that your beef with religion, that you think religious people are waiting for God to fix things?
  7. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    21 Sep '13 02:26
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Is that your beef with religion, that you think religious people are waiting for God to fix things?
    That's only ONE thing. They desperately hope a god will come down to fix all the bad stuff. Hasn't happened in the past 2000 years so there is no indication it will happen in the next 2000.

    The other thing is the dumbing down of America by the religious right wing nutters who want to FORCE creationism to be taught as if it were an actual science which would confuse the hell out of young minds. It will cause the US educational system to slide that much further down the path of obscurity which we are doing our best to get to already. The US is what, number 17 or worse in educational development compared to other developed countries, now we have lost first place in the number of scientific papers published, that is already a done deal.

    The religious right wing nutters don't give a rat's ass about that as long as we all go to church and just believe, trust us, we KNOW what is good for you.

    Oh, of course women are second class citizens and will go down even further if the right wing religious nutters actually take over the government like they really want. Their desires go WAY past merely forcing creationism to be taught in a science classroom, their ultimate goal is to destroy evolution COMPLETELY and utterly and leave nothing BUT creationism to be taught in science classes.

    Their goal is extremely clear: They want a christian version of the Islamification of the US and then if they can, the whole world.

    They latch on to the 'men are worth 50 shekels, women only 30 shekels', to keep men on top of the societal totem pole, making women more of a permanent sex object. So they want to cut off 50% of the brainpower of the human race to further their sick aims.

    I for one will fight those bastids tooth and nail.

    Make no mistake, there is a minority of christians who are waging war on reason and I and others like me will NEVER give in to their sick agenda.

    Individual christians I have nothing against. The likes of RJ Hinds and his buddies in the extreme right I will fight to the death.

    Some christians actually do good. But the higher up the leadership ladder you go, the more corrupt they become. It seems to go with the territory.

    Just like the KKK leaders who would say "I never told that guy to go out and kill Niggers'', but they get their point across and let the underlings do the dirty work while the leaders sit back on their thrones collecting the accolades of their crowd.
  8. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    21 Sep '13 02:31
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Something I have said several times here, I want freedom FROM religion. Now I find out ( from a little ad in Scientific American) other people thought the exact same thing!

    http://ffrf.org/

    One of their sayings: Freedom from religion, reason's greetings!

    Wow, unbeknownst to me, I found their facebook page and found my son Kevin is part of the group! I can't wait to talk to him about it.
    You've just now found out about them? My wife and I have been members for years.
  9. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    21 Sep '13 03:20
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    I intend to. I would give them a million dollars if I had it. ANYTHING to stop the likes of you and your buddies.
    So you want to take away our freedom of religion. That does not sound very patriotic.

    The Instructor
  10. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    21 Sep '13 04:54
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    So you want to take away our freedom of religion. That does not sound very patriotic.

    The Instructor
    If I could figure out an anti religion virus that would destroy the memory of religions around the world I would let it loose in a trice.

    People looking at the bible, going, we believed in THAT shyte?
    What a lovely future to contemplate.
  11. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Joined
    24 Jan '11
    Moves
    12695
    21 Sep '13 05:09
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    If I could figure out an anti religion virus that would destroy the memory of religions around the world I would let it loose in a trice.

    People looking at the bible, going, we believed in THAT shyte?
    What a lovely future to contemplate.
    But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

    (1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV)

    HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

    The Instructor
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    21 Sep '13 13:34
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    [b]But as it is written, Eye hath not seen, nor ear heard, neither have entered into the heart of man, the things which God hath prepared for them that love him.

    (1 Corinthians 2:9 KJV)

    HalleluYah !!! Praise the LORD! Glory be to God! Holy! Holy! Holy!

    The Instructor[/b]
    You can't even see the whole idea of a god that requires love is clearly a man made attribute. You can spout all the so-called scripture all you want, it doesn't change the fact that your religion is the result of intelligent design. HUMAN intelligent design.
  13. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    10087
    21 Sep '13 14:18
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    Something I have said several times here, I want freedom FROM religion. Now I find out ( from a little ad in Scientific American) other people thought the exact same thing!

    http://ffrf.org/

    One of their sayings: Freedom from religion, reason's greetings!

    Wow, unbeknownst to me, I found their facebook page and found my son Kevin is part of the group! I can't wait to talk to him about it.
    Mohammad loves you. 😵
  14. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    21 Sep '13 14:34
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    That's only ONE thing. They desperately hope a god will come down to fix all the bad stuff. Hasn't happened in the past 2000 years so there is no indication it will happen in the next 2000.

    The other thing is the dumbing down of America by the religious right wing nutters who want to FORCE creationism to be taught as if it were an actual science which w ...[text shortened]... rk while the leaders sit back on their thrones collecting the accolades of their crowd.
    I totally agree with some of what you say here. But clearly you are focussing on the extremist element of religion and using that as a basis to condemn all religion. The fact is that most religious people live very normal lives with very moderate and tolerant views.

    There is only a very small part of Christianity that believes that the world will be destroyed and a few chosen will be saved. There is only a very small part of Christianity who still treat women as lesser citizens. Creationism taught in schools is a petty non-issue. So if as you say the RJH type are in such a small minority why not let the vast majority be your guide as to how you judge Christians and religion.
  15. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Joined
    28 Dec '04
    Moves
    52619
    21 Sep '13 17:59
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    I totally agree with some of what you say here. But clearly you are focussing on the extremist element of religion and using that as a basis to condemn all religion. The fact is that most religious people live very normal lives with very moderate and tolerant views.

    There is only a very small part of Christianity that believes that the world will be destr ...[text shortened]... inority why not let the vast majority be your guide as to how you judge Christians and religion.
    I have said before the average christian or muslim is no threat. The threat comes from the fact that these extremists seem to gather a lot of political power such as the fight to get creationism taught in science classes in the US. This is not an idle threat. They have a lot of money backing them up. This is a real war and it has to be won by legal battles. Their agenda doesn't stop at simply forcing creationism to be taught in science classes. That is just a stop along the way, the true goal is to Islamizise the US but in christian cloaks, women's reproductive rights down the tubes, abortion totally illegal even in cases of rape and so forth. THIS is the battle being fought by these minority right wing religious perverts.
Back to Top