Freedom FROM religion foundation!

Freedom FROM religion foundation!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Quiz Master

RHP Arms

Moves
25 Sep 13

Originally posted by divegeester
What about converts who never heard of religion from their parents?
What about them?

We are discussing whether or not a parent has the right to indoctrinate his/her children.

Actually ... it's more than that. It's whether or not a child has the right to not to be taught a false religion.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
25 Sep 13

Originally posted by JS357
Did I use that term, or allude to it? Where?
I think he is referring to this post of yours that I reproduce below:

I see sonhouse's "lumping" to be quite limited and defined, as follows: "Christian fundies want to islamizise the US but with christians in charge. They go way beyond just forcing creationism to be taught in a science class, that is only point one on their agenda. If they got their way, the church WOULD be the government, just like Iran. "

That is certainly not "all people of faith."

This seems to be supporting and agreeing with what sonhouse says to me too. So if this is not true, then you should make a clear statement as to what you mean.

The Instructor

Moves
25 Sep 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
I think he is referring to this post of yours that I reproduce below:

[b]I see sonhouse's "lumping" to be quite limited and defined, as follows: "Christian fundies want to islamizise the US but with christians in charge. They go way beyond just forcing creationism to be taught in a science class, that is only point one on their agenda. If they got their w ...[text shortened]... this is not true, then you should make a clear statement as to what you mean.

The Instructor
I will await Kelly's reply, thanks.

rc

Moves
25 Sep 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
I have said before the average christian or muslim is no threat. The threat comes from the fact that these extremists seem to gather a lot of political power such as the fight to get creationism taught in science classes in the US. This is not an idle threat. They have a lot of money backing them up. This is a real war and it has to be won by legal battles. ...[text shortened]... e and so forth. THIS is the battle being fought by these minority right wing religious perverts.
this is hypocrisy, if you are teaching materialism in classes then why cant creationists teach creationism?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
25 Sep 13

Originally posted by JS357
Did I use that term, or allude to it? Where?
Read your own post, it was part you quoted.
KJ

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Sep 13

Originally posted by robbie carrobie
this is hypocrisy, if you are teaching materialism in classes then why cant creationists teach creationism?
Hypocrisy? You GODDA be kidding. So you are ok teaching fairy tales in a SCIENCE class? I have no beef with people being deluded in a delusion class, IE, religion class, but to teach creationism AS IF IT WERE A SCIENCE is more than hypocritical, it is treasonous. It is subverting minds. I hate to break it to you but the only thing humans have is materialism. Your so-called god was supposed to come back down at most a few years after JC and the boys declared it was coming back. So 2000 years have gone by with no end in site. That makes it a permanent scam. Kind of like the promise of fusion power, always 30 years in the future, no matter how far forwards in time you go. You can't even recognize a scam when you see it. So, 2000 years go by, no sign of your JC dude, and 20,000 years will go by with no JC, 200,000 years, 20,000,000 years at which point humans will probably be extinct and there will by no return. At what point do you just admit the whole thing was a scam, a multi-century long Ponzi scheme?

rc

Moves
25 Sep 13
1 edit

Hypocrisy? You GODDA be kidding. So you are ok teaching fairy tales in a SCIENCE class? I have no beef with people being deluded in a delusion class, IE, religion class, but to teach creationism AS IF IT WERE A SCIENCE is more than hypocritical, it is treasonous. It is subverting minds. I hate to break it to you but the only thing humans have is materialism ...[text shortened]... . At what point do you just admit the whole thing was a scam, a multi-century long Ponzi scheme?
I'll tell you what the biggest fairy tale taught in class is, that live emerged from a pre biotc and essentially sterile environment and diversified into the life forms that we see today. Your use of the term science is an affront to all those who are interested in empirics everywhere! and no amount of ranting against Jesus Christ, religions, creationism or anything else can nullify the fact! There are far more ludicrous topics taught in university than creationism, we don't hear you ranting against those.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Sep 13

I'll tell you what the biggest fairy tale taught in class is, that live emerged from a pre biotc and essentially sterile environment and diversified into the life forms that we see today. Your use of the term science is an affront to all those who are interested in empirics everywhere! and no amount of ranting against Jesus Christ, religions, creat ...[text shortened]... ludicrous topics taught in university than creationism, we don't hear you ranting against those.
We'll then wite up your paper, submit it for peer review and you shall no doubt receive a Nobel Prize. Best of luck.

rc

Moves
25 Sep 13

Originally posted by Proper Knob
We'll then wite up your paper, submit it for peer review and you shall no doubt receive a Nobel Prize. Best of luck.
luck? I am a man of science, I deal with empirics not a rabbits foot! 😛

Moves
25 Sep 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
Read your own post, it was part you quoted.
KJ
OK then you should direct your complaint to sonhouse. My only point was that sonhouse did not lump all people of faith together.

Cornovii

North of the Tamar

Moves
25 Sep 13

luck? I am a man of science, I deal with empirics not a rabbits foot! 😛
We'll get on with it Mr Empirics!!!

rc

Moves
25 Sep 13
1 edit

Originally posted by Proper Knob
We'll get on with it Mr Empirics!!!
Sigh its hard in my specific field to find even a handful of persons who could understand the concepts that I would cover in my thesis. Id probably need to publish it and wait ten years or more before the scientific community caught up 😛

Moves
25 Sep 13

Hypocrisy? You GODDA be kidding. So you are ok teaching fairy tales in a SCIENCE class? I have no beef with people being deluded in a delusion class, IE, religion class, but to teach creationism AS IF IT WERE A SCIENCE is more than hypocritical, it is treasonous. It is subverting minds. I hate to break it to you but the only thing humans have is materialism ...[text shortened]... . At what point do you just admit the whole thing was a scam, a multi-century long Ponzi scheme?
Actually it was going to be at least 40+ years as that was when Jesus foretold the destruction of the temple which happened in AD 73 I believe.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
25 Sep 13

Originally posted by divegeester
Actually it was going to be at least 40+ years as that was when Jesus foretold the destruction of the temple which happened in AD 73 I believe.
4 years, 40 years, 400 years. Big deal. It's been 2000 frigging years now. I think that is a pretty significant amount of years for humans to wait.

Of course we will still be waiting 20 million years from now and probably humans will be extinct and some OTHER life form will have to also wait for JC and the boys to come back.

Moves
25 Sep 13

4 years, 40 years, 400 years. Big deal. It's been 2000 frigging years now. I think that is a pretty significant amount of years for humans to wait.

Of course we will still be waiting 20 million years from now and probably humans will be extinct and some OTHER life form will have to also wait for JC and the boys to come back.
Well you are wrong again, because most humans don't live past 100 years so no one has to wait 2000 years.