Freedom FROM religion foundation!

Freedom FROM religion foundation!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
03 Oct 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
I don't explain it. I let scientist try to explain it. I just believe that the scientists that respect the truth of scripture probably have the best explanations.

The Instructor
When the entire 3d structure of space bends like it does, it seems to me you cannot explain it unless you invoke higher dimensions. Now I know there are theories out their that want 10 or 11 dimensions, and there are actual experiments going on now to try to find out if there are more dimensions but I know of no other way to explain the fact that our 3 d structure can bend, get squashed and the entire universe has a curve to it where you can go in a straight line forever and come right back to the same point in space as you left, obviously at a different time so the planet, the solar sytem would be long gone. But it seems you HAVE to invoke at least one higher dimension so that a three dimensional space can bend. It has to bend INTO something and if it can't bend then there would be no squeezing or stretching of space. That by definition seems to require the concept of at least one more dimension.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
03 Oct 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
When the entire 3d structure of space bends like it does, it seems to me you cannot explain it unless you invoke higher dimensions. Now I know there are theories out their that want 10 or 11 dimensions, and there are actual experiments going on now to try to find out if there are more dimensions but I know of no other way to explain the fact that our 3 d st ...[text shortened]... tching of space. That by definition seems to require the concept of at least one more dimension.
Maybe so. I really don't know. I guess we shall have to wait until more information is gathered so it may be proved or until Christ returns in glory.

The Instructor

R
Standard memberRemoved

Moves
03 Oct 13
1 edit

"I might have said why are atheists like you dead set against a UNI-verse with a BEGINNING "?

In the first place, why do you insist on putting in the atheist category? I never claimed to be atheistic, just deny the so-called god you people in your delusions, worship as if it were real.

Also, I am not dead set against a single universe with a definit ...[text shortened]... the idea of multiple universes.

How many dimensions do you think there are to our universe?
Let's cut to the chase.

Where did you come from ?
Why are you here ?
What is your life's destiny ?
What is the meaning of your being here ?

When I began to realize I could call God my Father the love with which He showered me made me know that I meant something.

The sheer love of God makes a man know that he means and is here purposely.

You are not just on a second rate rock circling a second rate star in a microscopic corner of a hostile universe.

You, sonhouse, would be greatly comforted by the love of the Father through the Savior Jesus.

Why don't you start reading aloud a chapter of the Gospel of John each night ?

God sees beyond your faults and sees your needs. You're going to be so exercised in unbelief that when a moment comes when you want to believe you will be so accustomed to doubting that you'll be locked in a prison of doubt - the key thrown away.

How do you know that on the day you are to depart you this life, you won't be like so many others - reaching out for God ?

If you keep going on the rush and thrill of being against God when the time comes that you really want to know God you will say "I just can't. I have been in unbelief so long. I just can't believe."

I think you have had the thrill of opposing God for a good long time. I think you should spend an amount of time reading aloud a chapter a night of the Gospel of John or the Gospel of Luke.

I mean coming as a clean slate and see what the Holy Spirit would impress upon your heart. If I can come to Jesus anyone can come to Jesus. I LOVED my life of sinning before. That is until that crop begins to come in and you begin to reap something of what you sowed.

Anyway. In my humble opinion I think you should stop arguing and give a little equal time to just reading the Gospel of John - a chapter a night with a heart willing to be changed by God should He appear to your heart.

He looks beyond your faults. He sees your needs. What He went through for you is because of His love for you.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
05 Oct 13

Originally posted by wolfgang59
It is evidence.
It is not evidence against (ie does not disprove)
Therefore it is evidence for.
No it does not mean it is evidence for, it only means it isn't evidence
against. You can have data that seems to go along with an event that
has nothing to do with the event, it happens a lot.
Kelly

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
06 Oct 13

Originally posted by sonship
Let's cut to the chase.

Where did you come from ?
Why are you here ?
What is your life's destiny ?
What is the meaning of your being here ?

When I began to realize I could call God my Father the love with which He showered me made me know that I meant something.

The sheer love of God makes a man know that he means and is here purposely ...[text shortened]... nd your faults. He sees your needs. What He went through for you is because of His love for you.
That's a laugh. Humans telling me about god. If GOD want's to tell me about god, I'm all ears. Humans? Not so much. Especially with your man made religions, all intelligently designed but in this case the intelligence is from MEN and a few women but no god.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
07 Oct 13

That's a laugh. Humans telling me about god. If GOD want's to tell me about god, I'm all ears. Humans? Not so much. Especially with your man made religions, all intelligently designed but in this case the intelligence is from MEN and a few women but no god.
Don't forget that many atheists organize religions without God that we call "gangs" in America. So the evil comes from the heart of men, not from a belief in God.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Oct 13

Don't forget that many atheists organize religions without God that we call "gangs" in America. So the evil comes from the heart of men, not from a belief in God.

The Instructor
Or from a disbelief in god.

Since religions are 100% man made with occasional input from women, you don't have a god either, just a vague father figure made up with pithy stories which are just that, stories made up like creation or the flood.

MC

Moves
07 Oct 13

The Instructor
Most gang members believe in god. The cross and John 3:16 are very popular prison tattoo.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
07 Oct 13

Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
Most gang members believe in god. The cross and John 3:16 are very popular prison tattoo.
WHAT? You want to burst his little bubble?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
08 Oct 13
4 edits

Originally posted by MISTER CHESS
No. Gang members have said they don't believe in God. There are videos on youtube in which they say so. They believe in survival of the fittest.

"Survival of the fittest" is a phrase originating in evolutionary theory...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survival_of_the_fittest

Not all prisoners are gang members. About 4 minutes into this documentary video on the Latin Kings gang, there is proof by statement that they do not believe in God and that their gang is replacing God.

The Instructor

P

Moves
08 Oct 13

If we did all ourselves off, like ww3, God would cry. He loves us intimately. i know my spelling is terrible. But i can tell you, He cares for everything. Don't let the modern christains tell you, "if you don't "KNOW" Jesus, you are going to hell. They are in for one big suprize. I personally feel sorry for them,they have no idea the trap they have set out for themselves.

MC

Moves
08 Oct 13

No. Gang members have said they don't believe in God. There are videos on youtube in which they say so. They believe in survival of the fittest.

[b]"Survival of the fittest" is a phrase originating in evolutionary theory...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Survival_of_the_fittest

Not all prisoners are gang members. About 4 minutes into this docu ...[text shortened]... hat their gang is replacing God.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vjcfJnJrnuY

The Instructor[/b]
Well the biggest gang in the world is the mafia and they are mostly catholic.

P

Moves
08 Oct 13

Religions are a good thing, if the fundimentals are based on faith hope and love, and to love your neighbor as yourself

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
08 Oct 13

Originally posted by Pudgenik
Religions are a good thing, if the fundimentals are based on faith hope and love, and to love your neighbor as yourself
Religions may be a good thing in some respects but don't tell me its other than 100% man made. The hundred million dead with no response from a god says it is just as likely to be 100% also with no response from a god.

Which tells me in no uncertain terms, we are on our own, free to make up whatever gods we think will help us through whatever the crisis of the year is that year.

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
08 Oct 13

Religions may be a good thing in some respects but don't tell me its other than 100% man made. The hundred million dead with no response from a god says it is just as likely to be 100% also with no response from a god.

Which tells me in no uncertain terms, we are on our own, free to make up whatever gods we think will help us through whatever the crisis of the year is that year.
How do you know God is not responding? If you read scripture you'll see
that God has laid out how this place was going to end.
Kelly