Freedom FROM religion foundation!

Freedom FROM religion foundation!

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Oct 13

Originally posted by sonhouse
But it is the religious nutters who are in control in the US, ones who want out of the franchise are in the vast minority. There is practically no place I could move to on the planet where I wouldn't be effected in some way by the ultra religious crowd. Maybe on top of a mountain in the Andes, maybe Antarctica. Not much way of making a living there though. ...[text shortened]... ere in Pennsylvania.

You can buy guns on sunday but not beer. Exactly what is that all about?
Actually, I agree with you, insomuch that it is the 'nutters' among the religious crowd that continually grind my gears. Yes, the ones who insist that the earth is 6,000 years old, evolution is a lie, women should be forced to carry children to term regardless of the circumstances, only conservatives care about our country, and especially the ones who think all children should be taught complete and utter fabrications like these instead of established science.

I'm with you, as far as that goes.

But just like most people think other people should keep their religious beliefs to themselves, I also think the loudly outspoken atheist who is passionate about converting everyone within earshot to his lame-ass cowardly non-belief should also keep it to himself. I'm not interested in hearing it fifteen times a day, and I am NOT just another 'sheeple' just blindly following my parents' religion because I am a mindless automaton. I made my choice after much consideration, thank you very much, and I am insulted that these people think my beliefs are so insubstantial that I can change them with my underwear.

Whew. Okay, /soapboxmode off.

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Oct 13

Originally posted by Suzianne
Actually, I agree with you, insomuch that it is the 'nutters' among the religious crowd that continually grind my gears. Yes, the ones who insist that the earth is 6,000 years old, evolution is a lie, women should be forced to carry children to term regardless of the circumstances, only conservatives care about our country, and especially the ones who thin ...[text shortened]... are so insubstantial that I can change them with my underwear.

Whew. Okay, /soapboxmode off.
I am not an atheist. I think people keep thinking because I rail against christianity, I HAVE to be an atheist.

I cannot deny the POSSIBILITY of a god or gods being around.

But I sure as hell can deny the reality of the Abrahamic god.

Every attribute assigned to this so-called god bears the distinct sign of just putting attributes of mankind to this god whereas in reality, a god could have an infinite number of attributes, none of which having to do in any way with mankind.

I continue to believe this god to be solely a made up deity for the express purpose of controlling men and putting down women. And the higher up in church authority, the more corrupt these people become. Isn't it convenient the upper ranks are the ones with the Caddies and Lexis's and mansions?

Also, the cold fact of hundreds of millions of people killed in the last few hundred years from religious wars or thug wars, with no response from some god, leads me to ask just what percentage of the human race dead does it take to get a response from this so-called god. Right now that number is running about 2%. So would it take 20% dead? 60%? 99%? Surely there would be a point at which this deity would step in and call a halt to the killing, I would think anyway.

Otherwise it would be just a beekeeper, any one bee not so important but just keep the hive alive.

But that is not what your god is professed to be.

Therefore, to me, it screams man made.

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
11 Oct 13
1 edit

I am not an atheist. I think people keep thinking because I rail against christianity, I HAVE to be an atheist.

I cannot deny the POSSIBILITY of a god or gods being around.

But I sure as hell can deny the reality of the Abrahamic god.

Every attribute assigned to this so-called god bears the distinct sign of just putting attributes of mankind to t ...[text shortened]...

But that is not what your god is professed to be.

Therefore, to me, it screams man made.
Sorry, I didn't realize my post had to be about you. What was I thinking?

So you don't get it. I get that. I got that the first time you started ranting about God. And every time since then.

Look, I know it's easy to just laugh Him off as 'man-made' when He doesn't even have the decency to come prove Himself to you. And now, even when you call Him out. The nerve.

I know you're a smart guy. We've had enough discussions for me to realize that much. Which is why it baffles me that you would cling to your 'God was created in Man's image' ideas even after being given credible reasons why that's not true. I understand that you do not consider yourself an atheist. Yet you require Him to come down to you personally and prove Himself. Get over yourself. That's exactly the argument an atheist uses to explain why he does not believe in God, but you use it right after claiming you do not discount the possibility of God. Actually, you DO discount the possibility of God, but because you use what you consider to be cold logic ("what God would do that?" )(and even in the face of reasons explaining WHY He does what He does), you still claim to not be an atheist. But you're walking like and talking like an atheist, man. Sorry.

(DISCLAIMER: When I use the word "God", of course I am speaking of The One True God, The God of the Hebrews, The God of Abraham. I know of no other "God".)

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
11 Oct 13

Sorry, I didn't realize my post had to be about you. What was I thinking?

So you don't get it. I get that. I got that the first time you started ranting about God. And every time since then.

Look, I know it's easy to just laugh Him off as 'man-made' when He doesn't even have the decency to come prove Himself to you. And now, even when you call ...[text shortened]... ing of The One True God, The God of the Hebrews, The God of Abraham. I know of no other "God".)
But you don't even want to discuss the hundreds of millions of deaths which tells me pretty plainly if there is this Abrahamic god it doesn't give a rat's ass how many people die for whatever reason, be it from religious wars, secular wars, general thuggery such as the Taliban bombing those girl schools, literally hundreds of millions of people have already died, something like 2 percent of the entire population of the human race killed by our own hands.

So my point is, a loving god as you say it is, would seem to me there should be some tipping point to protect what is left of the living where this deity would come out of the clouds REALLY ticked off.

Hasn't happened in 2000 years it is my contention it won't happen in 2 BILLION years.

But of course the religious just go, we believe, we have faith.

Faith runs a bit thin when literally hundred of millions die with no direct expression of outrage by your god.

Why can't you see this being, if it exists at all, is totally hands off, maybe it just wants to conduct an experiment and all the praying in the world goes to deaf 'ears' or whatever it is a god would be using to listen to its pets.

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Oct 13
1 edit

But you don't even want to discuss the hundreds of millions of deaths which tells me pretty plainly if there is this Abrahamic god it doesn't give a rat's ass how many people die for whatever reason, be it from religious wars, secular wars, general thuggery such as the Taliban bombing those girl schools, literally hundreds of millions of people have already ...[text shortened]... g in the world goes to deaf 'ears' or whatever it is a god would be using to listen to its pets.
You sound just like Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and those other bleeding heart Liberal Democrats when you talk about "the hundreds of millions of deaths" that you pretend to care a rat's ass about. You don't fool me, old man. You are just like them by blaming others for your own faults.

The Instructor

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Oct 13

Originally posted by RJHinds
You sound just like Harry Reid, Nancy Pelosi, and those other bleeding heart Liberal Democrats when you talk about "the hundreds of millions of deaths" that you pretend to care a rat's ass about. You don't fool me, old man. You are just like them by blaming others for your own faults.

The Instructor
Ron, you're not helping. I'd say you're trolling, but that's not it. You actually think you're right.

I'd say sonhouse has a point. But most of these deaths he thinks God should be railing about were perpetrated by evil, rich, 'conservative', old, white, men. How many of these are you?

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Oct 13

Originally posted by Pudgenik
"God created us in His image. What do you think that means?" We ARE a trinity!
Body, soul, spirit?
Kelly

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
12 Oct 13

But you don't even want to discuss the hundreds of millions of deaths which tells me pretty plainly if there is this Abrahamic god it doesn't give a rat's ass how many people die for whatever reason, be it from religious wars, secular wars, general thuggery such as the Taliban bombing those girl schools, literally hundreds of millions of people have already ...[text shortened]... g in the world goes to deaf 'ears' or whatever it is a god would be using to listen to its pets.
All of us are going to die?
Kelly

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Oct 13

Ron, you're not helping. I'd say you're trolling, but that's not it. You actually think you're right.

I'd say sonhouse has a point. But most of these deaths he thinks God should be railing about were perpetrated by evil, rich, 'conservative', old, white, men. How many of these are you?
Yeah, sunhouse has a point of view. It is just the wrong point of view. And of course, I'm right.

You are not forever doomed to being a Liberal Democrat. You have the choice and ability to repent and become a conservative and start supporting the U.S. Constitution.

We don't have the ability to change God into a God that believes with us. It is us that must change to agree with God.

The Instructor

s
Fast and Curious

slatington, pa, usa

Moves
12 Oct 13
2 edits

Yeah, sunhouse has a point of view. It is just the wrong point of view. And of course, I'm right.

You are not forever doomed to being a Liberal Democrat. You have the choice and ability to repent and become a conservative and start supporting the U.S. Constitution.

We don't have the ability to change God into a God that believes with us. It is us that must change to agree with God.

The Instructor
Your level of empathy for all those millions of deaths is astounding, especially for a so-called christian.

You don't get the point. Regardless if I, having pointed out the lack of response from your god about the deaths, even if I was secretly killing all those people and was just as guilty as Pol Pot, when I bring up the charge, say, trying to save my sorry ass, it doesn't change the charge one bit.

Your so-called god does not give as much as a rats ass about how many people die, whether the charge comes from a liberal bleeding heart tree hugging democrat or a survivalist in Idaho whose radio only tunes in Rush Limberger.

The charge stands. Where was your god when 2 percent of the entire population of the world was killed, whether by rich white men or Australian aborigines, the deaths occurred and that is a fact and it is also a fact your god said NOTHING. ZIP, ZERO, NADA.

My question was what percentage of the human race being killed would it take for your god to step in and say, enough already. 30%? 50? 99%?

The Near Genius

Fort Gordon

Moves
12 Oct 13

Your level of empathy for all those millions of deaths is astounding, especially for a so-called christian.

You don't get the point. Regardless if I, having pointed out the lack of response from your god about the deaths, even if I was secretly killing all those people and was just as guilty as Pol Pot, when I bring up the charge, say, trying to save my ...[text shortened]... n race being killed would it take for your god to step in and say, enough already. 30%? 50? 99%?
Why do you ask about the where-abouts of the God you do not believe exists? Do you believe the Shroud of Turin exists?

The Instructor

Misfit Queen

Isle of Misfit Toys

Moves
12 Oct 13
1 edit

The Instructor
At least the Democrats are trying to give ALL Americans a chance to have insured healthcare. The Republicans are trying to stop that from happening. Republicans are the old, rich, white men I referenced earlier. They want to focus all the nation's (actually the world's) wealth to themselves, and screw everyone else. These are the people who fought tooth and nail against the Civil Rights Act. These are the people who are STILL making money hand over fist during this recession and that alone is the reason WHY this recession will not end. Because THEY are making money off it while the rest of us languish.

Tell me, Ron, are you rich? Do you have more money than you can count? Probably not. Then you are a tool of the Republican Party. You do their bidding even though they are working against you. You can put this in colorful phrases like "At least Republicans defend the Constitution". No, that is a lie. They USE the Constitution to further their OWN aims while keeping the rest of us down. They know most Americans support the Second Amendment, so they do too, even though you know they'd love to disarm us all. They act like they're on your side, when really, they throw you a bone now and then to keep you mollified while they chip away at your wealth to put in their own pockets, and you let them. You can't give your money to them fast enough. It is a fact that they have practically denuded the Fourth Amendment, and they continually try to secure their positions by changing election laws with their gerrymandering techniques to keep themselves in office, even in areas with little to no white population. Once they've perfected that, they won't even need the help of the typical redneck American, and watch what happens then. You're being led around by the nose, Ron, and the fact is that you're actually proud of that.

P

Moves
13 Oct 13

Originally posted by KellyJay
Body, soul, spirit?
Kelly
close. Jesus answers the question. Love God with all your mind, soul, spirit and with all your strength. Primarily mind, soul, and spirit.

P

Moves
13 Oct 13

At least the Democrats are trying to give ALL Americans a chance to have insured healthcare. The Republicans are trying to stop that from happening. Republicans are the old, rich, white men I referenced earlier. They want to focus all the nation's (actually the world's) wealth to themselves, and screw everyone else. These are the people who fought tooth ...[text shortened]... . You're being led around by the nose, Ron, and the fact is that you're actually proud of that.
Suzianne, before you go on about the healthcare act, try reading it. As for all Americans having healthcare. It was already there. The legislators allowed medicade and medicare to cover everyones needs if there was no or not enough insurance to cover the costs. I.e. The "no child left behind act" covered medical costs of uninsured children. All uninsured children. And there were a ton of other such programs dealing with unemployed insurance, etc. etc. etc.
However, Obama's healthcare wiped out most of it. Once inacted, most of the other programs were eliminated to help pay for this new program. Infact, many of the services that were in medicade and medicare have now been reduced or eliminated. On top of that, There is a new tax, which has been delayed do to our economy. This tax is extreme. On top of that, insurances have been forced by the federal government to increase the rates. (before I switched jobs, I was paying 1550.00 a month with 3000.00 deductible per person. I have 4 kids and my wife at home). All these are Facts.
2 Both the democrats and republicans have a lot to answer for

Walk your Faith

USA

Moves
13 Oct 13

At least the Democrats are trying to give ALL Americans a chance to have insured healthcare. The Republicans are trying to stop that from happening. Republicans are the old, rich, white men I referenced earlier. They want to focus all the nation's (actually the world's) wealth to themselves, and screw everyone else. These are the people who fought tooth ...[text shortened]... . You're being led around by the nose, Ron, and the fact is that you're actually proud of that.
Listen, the Democrats are giving anyone anything. They just made not
having insurance illegal and put a fine on it. On top of that they forced
the cost of all things up making cost more.
Kelly