From the Law to Grace

From the Law to Grace

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

F

Moves
23 Nov 17
1 edit

Originally posted by @fmf
For me, who else? One can only take moral responsibility for oneself, and for one's children while they are being raised, and for what laws with a moral dimension that one supports and which therefore affect others. You yourself have said, only recently, that you would not want to impose your morality on others. So,, on some level, you do realize that morality ...[text shortened]... t the execution of homosexuals, whether it be now (where it continues to happen) or in the past.
dj2becker, has the supposed "objective moral standard" of the religious text you like, in fact, left you hamstrung in terms of moral discourse?

Moves
23 Nov 17
2 edits

For me, who else? One can only take moral responsibility for oneself, and for one's children while they are being raised, and for what laws with a moral dimension that one supports and which therefore affect others. You yourself have said, only recently, that you would not want to impose your morality on others. So,, on some level, you do realize that morality ...[text shortened]... t the execution of homosexuals, whether it be now (where it continues to happen) or in the past.
For me it would be wrong now and in the past since I’m not a Jew.

F

Moves
23 Nov 17

Originally posted by @dj2becker
For me it would wrong now and in the past since I’m not a Jew.
So you believe it was morally sound for Jews to kill gays?

F

Moves
23 Nov 17

So your god figure required the Jews to do something that you believe was morally unsound?

F

Moves
23 Nov 17

What other immoral things has your god figure asked his believers to do?

Fighting for men’s

right to have babies

Moves
23 Nov 17

What!!!??? Forum gold!

This and your comment in the other thread about how time impacts morality completely blows everything you you have been saying about absolute universal morality, out of the water. It also shows that you really don’t hold to what you have been saying and are just trolling this forum, which is what every poster here knows and why you are so unpopular.

I would say, checkmate, game set and match.

Thank you.

Moves
23 Nov 17

Originally posted by @divegeester
What!!!??? Forum gold!

This and your comment in the other thread about how time impacts morality completely blows everything you you have been saying about absolute universal morality, out of the water. It also shows that you really don’t hold to what you have been saying and are just trolling this forum, which is what every poster here knows and why you are so unpopular.

I would say, checkmate, game set and match.

Thank you.
At this point in time I live during the new covenant and I’m not a Jew living during during old covenant times. I have always maintained that the laws in Leviticus do not apply to us today because of the new covenant. Since you are only bothered with being popular rather than sticking with what the Bible says maybe you could clarify whether or not you believe the Laws in Leviticus were optional at the time and whether or not they still apply today.

F

Moves
23 Nov 17

At this point in time I live during the new covenant and I’m not a Jew living during during old covenant times. I have always maintained that the laws in Leviticus do not apply to us today because of the new covenant. Since you are only bothered with being popular rather than sticking with what the Bible says maybe you could clarify whether or not you believe the Laws in Leviticus were optional at the time and whether or not they still apply today.
Are you going to answer my three questions on this page? Please answer them with statements and not with questions.

Moves
23 Nov 17

So you believe it was morally sound for Jews to kill gays?
The old covenant allowed it the new covenant doesn’t.

Moves
23 Nov 17

Are you going to answer my three questions on this page? Please answer them with statements and not with questions.
I’ll answer them once you answer all the questions you are dodging.

Moves
23 Nov 17

So your god figure required the Jews to do something that you believe was morally unsound?
No, that’s not what I said.

F

Moves
23 Nov 17

The old covenant allowed it the new covenant doesn’t.
You have indicated that you do believe it was morally sound for Jews to kill gays but you, on the other hand, do not think it was morally sound for Jews to kill gays.

F

Moves
23 Nov 17

No, that’s not what I said.
I think you'll find that it is what you said.

F

Moves
23 Nov 17

I’ll answer them once you answer all the questions you are dodging.
I have answered every question of yours that I thought wasn't you just trolling.

F

Moves
23 Nov 17

Do you not realize how this has snapped the only string in your 'discourse on morality' fiddle?