Fundamentalist Christian Intolerance

Fundamentalist Christian Intolerance

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

s

Moves
07 Dec 05
1 edit

The kind of naggering that occurs between certain individuals on these threads can't possibly lead to anything useful. Can it? Why keep it up? Why not try and accept that you don't have anything important to say at the moment, and just shut up? Listen to (or read) the posts made by those who actually has anything new to say instead of bladdering on about the same old. It might do you some good, you know? Get some distance? Re-evaluate (re-confirm) your own points of views. I've found it to be very useful in the life of an online existence to actually think before I speak.

Well articulated, thought-through posts tend to inspire and affect, whereas constant bladdering about nonsensical who-said-what-when-and-where merely makes one tired and a little bit frustrated. There are some very good posts in these here forums made by a versatile group of people with differing views and knowledge. Too bad, one has to go through loads and loads of garbage to get to them.

Well, that's my opinion at least. And (to not fall into the same trap of polluting another good thread with off the topic nonsense) I would say it's important to respect (and show respect for) other peoples views. But to accept them? I don't know. I can only accept the views that, by good and clear argumenting, are most likely (within my level of understanding) to be the truth.

[Edit] End I do try to expand my understanding, or it would be pointless.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
07 Dec 05
1 edit

Originally posted by sasquatch672
Okay, I completely don't understand how you're going after no1 here when RBHILL committed the crime. I understand that no1 is your arch-enemy, and deserves to burn in the lake of fire for a thousand eternities. But see this is what I don't understand. Just because it was a guy on "your team" that committed an absolutely disgusting and offensive ...[text shortened]... t, because I can point to a thousand instances where you guys say all you have to do is believe.
Sas: "That and your inconsistency: you say that all anybody has to do is believe and they're saved, .... "

I am not claiming anything of the kind.

Sas: "If all someone has to do is believe in Christ, then all their sins are forgiven and they may enter into the Kingdom of Heaven in God's full grace - right?

No ..... Again, I am not claiming anything of the kind.

You assume I am a fundamentalist. I am not.

The above and other reasons caused me to ask what people meant when they talk about a "fundamentalist". Apparently my question wasn't superfluous at all.

Is it merely a derogatory negative term used in the political debate to label your opponent in order to win points, or does it actually mean anything ?

Sas: " ... you guys profess that all the time.

Now I see where these misunderstandings spring from. You simply put me in the corner of the fundamentalists, probably because I oppose bullying RBHILL and others, but I never wrote anything of the kind. A lot of people conveniently wipe Roman-Catholics into the same corner where they have wiped certain protestant fundamentalists. Sorry, I do not "profess" the above things and certainly not "all the time".

Sas: " ..... And don't give me that crap that "anybody who believes would live a certain way." That's a cop-out, because I can point to a thousand instances where you guys say all you have to do is believe.

Could you please give me just a few out of those thousands to prove that I am stating these beliefs ?

s
Don't Like It Leave

Walking the earth.

Moves
07 Dec 05

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
07 Dec 05

Originally posted by no1marauder
Do you think if you continually tell a lie people will eventually believe it? RBHILL brought up the incident, not me. Since he boasted about it, I felt a need to comment on his deplorable actions. You jumped to his defense BEFORE I posted anything about it and without knowing ANYTHING about what happened! It was your typical, knee jerk reaction to start ...[text shortened]... e, etc etc.

.... and all this in the name of liberalism.

Stop the lies, Ivanhoe.
Oh brother .... 🙄

RBHILL: But I was glad I went back to my old self for a day and said racist things to get you people off of my back and it worked.
But I asked Christ for forgiveness and I know I got it 1 John 1:9.

I am not excusing anything RBHILL said. You are trying to twist this lie into a truth. What I am shedding my light on are the circumstances wherein it was said. As a lawyer you should know that this does not alter the impermissibility of what RBHILL said. You are desperately trying to cover up your contributions in these unfortunate events ... and guess how you do this .... by spouting new accusations and insults. Now isn't that a surprise ?

"....... to get you people off my back ..... and it worked "

Do you agree with RBHILL that "it worked", marauder ?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Dec 05

Originally posted by ivanhoe
Oh brother .... 🙄

RBHILL: But I was glad I went back to my old self for a day and said racist things to get you people off of my back and it worked.
But I asked Christ for forgiveness and I know I got it 1 John 1:9.

I am not excusing anything RBHILL said. You are trying to twist this lie into a truth. What I am shedding my light on are the circums ...[text shortened]... off my back ..... and it worked "

Do you agree with RBHILL that "it worked", marauder ?
As far as I can tell. I don't agree with RBHILL about anything.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
07 Dec 05

OK, if you reread my original post, while I did mention you, I also said that you were not in the business of the constant judging and preaching as RBHILL and blindfaith101 are. So I hereby formally remove you from the pool. And all of those comments you challenged me on - while I was speaking to you I was speaking to RBHILL and bf101 as well. Since ...[text shortened]... n I'll attribute those views only to those two peckerheads in the future.

I crack myself up!
Sas: " ... So I hereby formally remove you from the pool."

That's settled then. Thank you.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
07 Dec 05
1 edit

As far as I can tell. I don't agree with RBHILL about anything.
How did it not work then ?

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
07 Dec 05
1 edit

DAMMIT Ivanhoe you are again hijacking my thread!

Stick to the topic!

"Let he without sin cast the first stone..." Reconcile this with RBHILL's belief that belief in Christ allows you to point out the sins of others instead of trying to fix yourself.
Do you think that this "Let he without sin cast the first stone ... " is meant to forbid people to criticise each other's views and/or actions or is it the case that certain people use this bible verse to try and make Christians shut up ?

Christ has taught us many things, Sas, but he certainly didn't teach us to be stupid .....

Sas: "Stick to the topic!"

YES, SIR !!

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Dec 05

How did it not work then ?
Ask him; apparently you wouldn't have to come to the defense of his racist, bigoted self if we were all "off his back" as he put it. Although in this case, you came to his defense before anybody could say anything.

C
W.P. Extraordinaire

State of Franklin

Moves
07 Dec 05
1 edit

Nicolaas, in a previous thread:

"Individual views are important, but so is accepting other people views as well."
So I'd like some input from the fundamentalist Christian community. Do you all agree with Nicolaas' statement? Or do you think another way?
Since I skipped to the end - let me address the topic.

Sure. I think we should be "accepting" of other peoples views. In fact, we should be tolerant of all views. Which means, we should give people the benefit of the doubt and not assume they are jerks - unless they express jerky-ness. I don't think we are in a position to judge people's hearts - even those who try to judge us. I don't think we should hold to stereo-types, whether they are racial, or religious or political. And we should not assume a persons views or wrong even if they personally come across as arrogant. I know of many arrogant people who happen to be right - myself included. 😀

I'd love to see more "acceptance" around here so I wouldn't have to listen to the crap put out by anti-fundies who think they know what fundies think in their hearts. I'd like to see less baiting and trolling. But in the end, if it weren't for the trolls and baiters, we'd have less fun. A life without fools may be better, but boring. 🙂

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
07 Dec 05

Ask him; apparently you wouldn't have to come to the defense of his racist, bigoted self if we were all "off his back" as he put it. Although in this case, you came to his defense before anybody could say anything.
Marauder, I am doing research on how the fallacy is called you are trying to pull off here. You know .... making a connection between RBHILL using the n-word in the past and me opposing your constant bullying him.

If he didn't use the n-word you would still be bullying him. Be honest.

In fact you are asking me to join you in your bullying because you think the bullying is justified, because of the n-word incident and because RBHILL is ...... (fill in the accusations yourself). Because I refuse to join you, you then again take your refuge in accusing me of all kinds of things. I should be ashamed ....... No marauder, I'm not ashamed for not joining you in your bullying tactics. I will now ánd in the future raise my voice against it. Not just in case you and your friends are bullying RBHILL ... but also in case you are bullying others.

BWA Soldier

Tha Brotha Hood

Moves
07 Dec 05

Marauder, I am doing research on how the fallacy is called you are trying to pull off here. You know .... making a connection between RBHILL using the n-word in the past and me opposing your constant bullying him.

In fact you are asking me to join you in your bullying because ...[text shortened]... t in case you and your friends are bullying RBHILL ... but also in case you are bullying others.
Ivanhoe, don't you ever tire of the righteous act?

Naturally Right

Somewhere Else

Moves
07 Dec 05

In fact you are asking me to join you in your bullying because ...[text shortened]... t in case you and your friends are bullying RBHILL ... but also in case you are bullying others.
Besides setting a world record for the number of times the word "bullying" was used in one paragraph, your post has nothing of interest. You really aren't a big hero like you seem to think for defending a racist bigot's right to be free of anyone criticizing his racist bigotry.

R
Acts 13:48

California

Moves
07 Dec 05
2 edits

Besides setting a world record for the number of times the word "bullying" was used in one paragraph, your post has nothing of interest. You really aren't a big hero like you seem to think for defending a racist bigot's right to be free of anyone criticizing his racist bigotry.
If you where not bullying me in the first place and if you had just said you where a female instead of NOYFB I would not have used it.

Edit: But I know because you are not a Christian you do not have the heart to forgive. And some of them are black.

I already told my Christian prayer group about it and they already forgave me and laid hands on me in prayer.

i

Felicific Forest

Moves
07 Dec 05

Marauder: "Although in this case, you came to his defense before anybody could say anything.

You mean in this case I prevented you from bullying him ..... 😉