1. Standard memberChessPraxis
    Cowboy From Hell
    American West
    Moves
    11 May '10 18:58
    Originally posted by FreakyKBH
    I don't know if your attempts were disingenuous or simple failures, but whether I am a jackass or not is really not the issue--- not that you have a strong hoof to stand on yourself, really.

The issue is that you gave examples in supposed support of the traceability of atheism to ancient times. Closer examination of the atheistic label for the folks yo ...[text shortened]... argument into a personal attack of little or no merit.

That's the end of that conversation.
    Ha!
  2. Unknown Territories
    Moves
    11 May '10 20:19
    Originally posted by ChessPraxis
    Ha!
    "Ah!" would have been preferred, but sometimes we content ourselves with its mirror.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    11 May '10 23:57
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Is Satan in hell through his futile search for God? That seems a pretty bizarre proposal to me.
    Purgatory. Satan is in purgatory. There is no such thing as an endless "hell". Its just non-sensical, as I and other posters have pointed out before.
  4. Standard memberfinnegan
    GENS UNA SUMUS
    Moves
    12 May '10 01:32
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    Purgatory. Satan is in purgatory. There is no such thing as an endless "hell". Its just non-sensical, as I and other posters have pointed out before.
    Satan is not in charge of purgatory but of hell. As Milton said so well, "Better to reign in hell than to serve in Heaven." You see, we can each invent a version of God and the rest to suit our needs, but the claim about which it is possible to have something resembling a rational debate is the Judaic - Christian - Islamic God. If you keep changing the terms of the debate then you are just losing the plot.
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    12 May '10 07:002 edits
    Originally posted by finnegan
    Satan is not in charge of purgatory but of hell. As Milton said so well, "Better to reign in hell than to serve in Heaven." You see, we can each invent a version of God and the rest to suit our needs, but the claim about which it is possible to have something resembling a rational debate is the Judaic - Christian - Islamic God. If you keep changing the terms of the debate then you are just losing the plot.
    I am confident that there is no such place as hell.
    Is that changing the terms of the debate? I'm just trying to clarify the issue.

I guess if I'm wrong I may be burning in hell for eternity, still I am not worried.

And moreover I am not very concerned with heaven or hell. I am concerned with this planet at this time. I am not looking for the results of my "good" actions. I am not waiting for a reward. There is nothing that is going to scare me more than the fear that my being was born into . And there is nothing to fear anyway as all is illusion, albeit a persistent one.

edit:I guess I subscribe to a different plot. I am open, however, to be convinced otherwise but saying that one religous book is better than another is not going to cut it for me.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree