1. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    16 Jul '10 16:30
    What do you think is the future of humanity?
  2. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    16 Jul '10 16:51
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What do you think is the future of humanity?
    It's either gonna involve some pretty spectacular technological breakthroughs or a rather dramatic reduction in population in the not too distant, I fancy.
  3. Standard memberRajk999
    Enjoying
    On the Beach
    Joined
    04 Apr '04
    Moves
    170571
    16 Jul '10 17:12
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What do you think is the future of humanity?
    In the future all of humanity will become Jehovah Witnesses. Thats the only way we can get salvation. Those who refuse to become JWs will be destroyed.
  4. Pepperland
    Joined
    30 May '07
    Moves
    12892
    16 Jul '10 19:25
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    In the future all of humanity will become Jehovah Witnesses. Thats the only way we can get salvation. Those who refuse to become JWs will be destroyed.
    LOL!

    priceless.
  5. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    16 Jul '10 19:25
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    It's either gonna involve some pretty spectacular technological breakthroughs or a rather dramatic reduction in population in the not too distant, I fancy.
    Why the dramatic reduction? Do you believe the earth cannot sustain its current population?
  6. Donationrwingett
    Ming the Merciless
    Royal Oak, MI
    Joined
    09 Sep '01
    Moves
    26187
    16 Jul '10 20:07
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why the dramatic reduction? Do you believe the earth cannot sustain its current population?
    Eventually the sun will explode.
  7. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    16 Jul '10 21:21
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Eventually the sun will explode.
    Well before the sun explodes then...
  8. SubscriberProper Knob
    Cornovii
    North of the Tamar
    Joined
    02 Feb '07
    Moves
    51454
    17 Jul '10 10:13
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What do you think is the future of humanity?
    If we're still around when the next Glacial Maximum happens, large parts of North America and Europe could be in trouble.
  9. Joined
    27 Sep '06
    Moves
    9651
    17 Jul '10 11:561 edit
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What do you think is the future of humanity?
    Whatever God says it will be. Obviously!
  10. Standard memberavalanchethecat
    Not actually a cat
    Joined
    09 Apr '10
    Moves
    14251
    17 Jul '10 13:57
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    Why the dramatic reduction? Do you believe the earth cannot sustain its current population?
    No i'm sure it could if it were a stable population. I don't think it is stable though. I think we'll carry on multiplying until we outstrip our ability to support the population and then we'll crash, and I think there's every chance that it could be quite messy.
  11. Cape Town
    Joined
    14 Apr '05
    Moves
    52945
    17 Jul '10 14:26
    Originally posted by avalanchethecat
    No i'm sure it could if it were a stable population. I don't think it is stable though. I think we'll carry on multiplying until we outstrip our ability to support the population and then we'll crash, and I think there's every chance that it could be quite messy.
    Many large countries have a stable population. I believe much of Europe, USA, China and others have a birthrate that does not sustain the population.
    What sort of timeline do you predict this crash?
    Why should it get quite messy? Why wouldn't we simply adjust? If the issue is food, the vast majority of people could live on less food than they do now. If the price goes up, we will economize. Also, if the price goes up, we will grow more food. There are buffers that would slow down any effects.
    Or were you thinking of other effects like global warming?
  12. Joined
    10 May '10
    Moves
    12415
    17 Jul '10 19:23
    Originally posted by galveston75
    What do you think is the future of humanity?
    If we don't stop polluting Earth...the not so far away future look's pretty nasty to me: more floods (not biblical but natural 🙂 ), hurricanes and other life forms disappearing.
    As for "spiritual" future the long going debates between different religions and atheist will continue forever and I'm sure that no fraction will win this fight.
  13. Joined
    19 Jul '08
    Moves
    77354
    17 Jul '10 19:59
    Well from a biblical viewpoint the immediate future doesn't look so good for mankind, but the earths future has some very good assurancess from god towards a good future.
    Matt 6:10 says "that the earth will be included as part of his Kingdom".
    Matt 5:5 says "the meek and mild tempered will inherit the earth".
    Ps 37:29 says "the righteous will live upon it forever".
    EC 1:4 says " it is standing to time indefinite".
    Isa 45:18 says "God formed it to be inhabited".

    So for those that believe God and what he tells us, we can have faith that the earth will be protected by him forever.
  14. SubscriberAThousandYoung
    Just another day
    tinyurl.com/y8wgt7a5
    Joined
    23 Aug '04
    Moves
    24791
    17 Jul '10 20:14
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Eventually the sun will explode.
    By that time we will have settled other planets.
  15. Joined
    10 May '10
    Moves
    12415
    17 Jul '10 20:17
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Well from a biblical viewpoint the immediate future doesn't look so good for mankind, but the earths future has some very good assurancess from god towards a good future.
    Matt 6:10 says "that the earth will be included as part of his Kingdom".
    Matt 5:5 says "the meek and mild tempered will inherit the earth".
    Ps 37:29 says "the righteous will live ...[text shortened]... what he tells us, we can have faith that the earth will be protected by him forever.
    So, we are again at this: the bible is true because is the bible. Do you have a good news for me? ...since I don't believe in god and bible.
Back to Top