1. Joined
    14 May '03
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 02:29
    (Side note)
    One of the funniest things l ever saw live was a JW wedding service.
    By the end all (non JW) women were almost ready to abuse the minister carrying out the service due to the extent of his sexist comments.
  2. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 03:24
    Originally posted by nook7
    (Side note)
    One of the funniest things l ever saw live was a JW wedding service.
    By the end all (non JW) women were almost ready to abuse the minister carrying out the service due to the extent of his sexist comments.
    Yes it is true the majority of man has moved away from God's way of doing things...
  3. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 03:43
    Originally posted by galveston75
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/appendix_10.htm

Yes it was about that time or a little before. So what does that have to do with anything?
    Just because something is old and accepted by the wortld that Satan rules anyway does not mean it's right by any means. In fact the longer that a religion has been around like the Catholics is more time they've ...[text shortened]... all the false doctrines they have. Lol.
    So I see no importance to your statement at all....
    Now you treat christianity and JW as two separate religions. One's being wrong becase it is so old, the other one being right, because it's new and fresh.

You give me the final argument that I've saught for so long - that JW culters aren't christians.
  4. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 03:441 edit
    http://www.watchtower.org/e/bh/appendix_10.htm

Yes it was about that time or a little before. So what does that have to do with anything?
    Just because something is old and accepted by the wortld that Satan rules anyway does not mean it's right by any means. In fact the longer that a religion has been around like the Catholics is more time they've ...[text shortened]... all the false doctrines they have. Lol.
    So I see no importance to your statement at all....
    I don't understand why you pick on Catholics. Probably it is just a cultural inheritance from your Protestant roots. Again, I will alert you to the fact that Orthodox Christianity exists, that it is coeval with Catholicism, shares most doctrines and has all of the features which you despise in Catholicism. It escapes me that so many Christians are oblivious to the existence of this group since they consist of about 300 million people.
  5. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 05:04
    It is a JW trait to pick on and point out the flaws of Catholicism. In the early days they drove around in cars and trucks with loud speakers with basically Catholic hate propaganda. Is this what God would want? Doubt it.

Manny
  6. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 05:14
    Why is this fact even mentioned if it is of no real relevance?
    That's all I ask.

I ask why and what is the significance of the 144,000 being mentioned as not having been with women? And this opposed to men? You can try to spritualize this into something else but it stands as what it reads.

Manny
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 06:23
    Originally posted by menace71
    It is a JW trait to pick on and point out the flaws of Catholicism. In the early days they drove around in cars and trucks with loud speakers with basically Catholic hate propaganda. Is this what God would want? Doubt it.

Manny
    Catholics are not the only religions at fault but they are the most obvious and the largest and seem to have the most problems. So they have the largest amount of people that have been influanced into the very burdensom and paganistic doctrines that they have to follow.
    It's nothing personal against any one person as there are good hearted and kind people in all religions. But it is the ones in charge that are the ones God condemns as well as his son Jesus for not teaching what Jesus did and for hindering the simple truths of the bible..
    And if a religion is not teaching truths from his word the Bible and missrepresenting God himself, why would God be happy with that? If he does have a religion that he works thru on the earth, why would they not send a message to others about this? Has there not been examples in the past of a person or people carrying a message of condemnation to a nation or religious group? Of course there has been. If it has happened in the past more then once, why could it not happen again?
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 06:24
    Originally posted by menace71
    Why is this fact even mentioned if it is of no real relevance?
    That's all I ask.

I ask why and what is the significance of the 144,000 being mentioned as not having been with women? And this opposed to men? You can try to spritualize this into something else but it stands as what it reads.

Manny
    So again Manny, is everything written in the Bible literal?
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 06:261 edit
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Now you treat christianity and JW as two separate religions. One's being wrong becase it is so old, the other one being right, because it's new and fresh.

You give me the final argument that I've saught for so long - that JW culters aren't christians.
    Do some research on what a cult is and then tell me why we are one in your opinion. Do it right as in what scriptures would agree with you if you can find any......
  10. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 10:24
    Do some research on what a cult is and then tell me why we are one in your opinion. Do it right as in what scriptures would agree with you if you can find any......
    Do you own research. (Where did I hear that the last time?)

Like google for "cult jehovas witness" and find 144 thousands hits.

There are 144 thousands reasons why JW is a cult. Is that a pure coincident, or what!?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 16:09
    Do you own research. (Where did I hear that the last time?)

Like google for "cult jehovas witness" and find 144 thousands hits.

There are 144 thousands reasons why JW is a cult. Is that a pure coincident, or what!?
    Can't come up with anything huh?
  12. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 16:12
    Can't come up with anything huh?
    I googled, you didn't. Do you want me to do the research for you?
  13. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 20:05
    I googled, you didn't. Do you want me to do the research for you?
    No thank you.....
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 20:10
    No thank you.....
    Okay, then we can safely conclude that JW is in fact a cult.
  15. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    04 Aug '10 20:12
    Okay, then we can safely conclude that JW is in fact a cult.
    Think what you want..... 🙂

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree