Think what you want..... 🙂
    Exactly what I do. 🙂
  2. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 04:53
    Originally posted by galveston75
    So again Manny, is everything written in the Bible literal?
    Ok then we can take a spiritual or symbolic view of the 144,000 ? In that case maybe this is just some kinda of symbolism and there will not be a literal 144,000? The logic does not follow but ok.

Manny
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    05 Aug '10 11:15
    Originally posted by menace71
    Ok then we can take a spiritual or symbolic view of the 144,000 ? In that case maybe this is just some kinda of symbolism and there will not be a literal 144,000? The logic does not follow but ok.

Manny
    I know it seems confusing but look at a couple more scriptures. Remember that Jesus spoke of two groups or flocks. At Luke12:32 he speaks of a little flock and this is also what Rev 7: 4-8 is referring to. Then at John 10:16 Jesus said he had others that were not of that fold or of the little flock and then Rev 7:9 speaks of a Great Crowd that no man could number.
    So there are two distinct groups that he speaks of. One that is smaller and could be numbered and then the other that no man could number.
    So it would seem to me that if one group is described as having no known number but then you have a smaller group, then by the contrast you could have a number for this group other wise Jesus would have said something like he did with the larger group as in not knowing the number.
    And just a side comment but we pretty much know from one month to the next how many JW's there are world wide. It's a count we try to keep just for records, reports, etc.
    But since the one scripture says that the other flock is so large that no one could number it, then that should show that God will choose by knowing ones heart condition who he approves and will grant life in the future.
    So the comment that only JW's will survive armegeddon is not correct otherwise that statement in that scripture would not be true. Steve.
  4. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    07 Aug '10 01:48
    The little flock is Israel. The Great crowd or multitude are the Gentiles.

Manny
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    08 Aug '10 15:00
    Originally posted by menace71
    The little flock is Israel. The Great crowd or multitude are the Gentiles.

Manny
    The little flock is "Spiritual" Israel. The Great crowd or multitude are the Gentiles " or the rest of mankind".
  6. Standard memberduecer
    anybody seen my
    underpants??
    Moves
    10 Aug '10 10:26
    The little flock is "Spiritual" Israel. The Great crowd or multitude are the Gentiles " or the rest of mankind".
    I (and most biblical scholars agree) agree with Manny, Israel is the little flock, and the number is symbolic, not actual. The Israeli's were numerologists and took great stock in there meaning. 144,000 represented spiritual perfection for the people. See, this is where having an education can be helpful in forming theological commentary.
  7. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    10 Aug '10 18:45
    Originally posted by duecer
    I (and most biblical scholars agree) agree with Manny, Israel is the little flock, and the number is symbolic, not actual. The Israeli's were numerologists and took great stock in there meaning. 144,000 represented spiritual perfection for the people. See, this is where having an education can be helpful in forming theological commentary.
    Lol...."The wisdom of the world is foolishness with God." 1 Cor 3:19.
  8. PenTesting
    Moves
    11 Aug '10 00:23
    Lol...."The wisdom of the world is foolishness with God." 1 Cor 3:19.
    Like when the JWs in their worldly wisdom make predictions and prophesies, God laughs at their foolishness?

Is that a good example of 1 Cor 3:19?

😀
  9. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    11 Aug '10 00:41
    Originally posted by Rajk999
    Like when the JWs in their worldly wisdom make predictions and prophesies, God laughs at their foolishness?

Is that a good example of 1 Cor 3:19?

😀
    Sure All Might Rajj....Lol
  10. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    11 Aug '10 05:07
    God has not fully turned away His chosen people Israel. The Apostle Paul explains this in detail in Romans. He also warned the grafted in not to be come to haughty because God can still cut off the grafted in ones.

Manny

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree