1. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    17 Jul '10 20:511 edit
    Parts of the world will outstretch their carrying capacities and as their people starve and the poor steal & squabble amongst themselves, these countries cast their jealous eyes on other countries. Wars break out, nukes start flying and we all die (or at least most of us).
  2. Standard memberAThousandYoung
    or different places
    tinyurl.com/2tp8tyx8
    Moves
    17 Jul '10 22:43
    Originally posted by Agerg
    Parts of the world will outstretch their carrying capacities and as their people starve and the poor steal & squabble amongst themselves, these countries cast their jealous eyes on other countries. Wars break out, nukes start flying and we all die (or at least most of us).
    Followed by the next stage of humanity, as the bunker living Earthlings diverge from the Mooninites and Martians.
  3. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 01:51
    Originally posted by danielnovacovici
    So, we are again at this: the bible is true because is the bible. Do you have a good news for me? ...since I don't believe in god and bible.
    No not that I can say, sorry. But it's for sure man isn't doing a very good job at protecting our future so I think God will do better in his due time.
  4. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 02:37
    Originally posted by galveston75
    No not that I can say, sorry. But it's for sure man isn't doing a very good job at protecting our future so I think God will do better in his due time.
    A bad workman blames his tools.
  5. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 04:14
    A bad workman blames his tools.
    So who's the workman in your opinion?
  6. Standard memberAgerg
    The 'edit'or
    converging to it
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 04:341 edit
    So who's the workman in your opinion?
    your god - supposed creator of the universe and all that resides in it.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 07:23
    Originally posted by AThousandYoung
    By that time we will have settled other planets.
    One would've thought so...
  8. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 09:14
    your god - supposed creator of the universe and all that resides in it.
    Why is he a bad workman so that he blames his tools?
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 09:44
    What do you think is the future of humanity?
    I'll be dead soon so I don't care; as rwingett quite rightly points out it's all going to end in a heatwave anyway.
  10. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 12:16
    Originally posted by divegeester
    I'll be dead soon so I don't care; as rwingett quite rightly points out it's all going to end in a heatwave anyway.
    dont post then😛
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 12:29
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    dont post then😛
    Don't you repress me...
  12. Standard membermenace71
    Can't win a game of
    38N Lat X 121W Lon
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 16:24
    Well IF we believe the biblical account then eventually Jesus will return and establish a kingdom on the earth. This is where it gets to the squabbling between JW's and Christendom. Also it does say that God will destroy this present earth and apparently universe with a melting of the elements but God will also create a new heavens and earth. Tells us G-75 what you think? I think people get too caught up on this "End is near" and stop living in the now.

Manny
  13. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 16:391 edit
    Originally posted by menace71
    I think people get too caught up on this "End is near" and stop living in the now.

Manny
    Excellent point, they also become socially out of step and sometimes ignorant because they tend to lose key elements of normality associated with not believing the world is going to end at any minute.
  14. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 16:46
    Originally posted by menace71
    Well IF we believe the biblical account then eventually Jesus will return and establish a kingdom on the earth. This is where it gets to the squabbling between JW's and Christendom. Also it does say that God will destroy this present earth and apparently universe with a melting of the elements but God will also create a new heavens and earth. Tells us G-75 ...[text shortened]... I think people get too caught up on this "End is near" and stop living in the now.

Manny
    One needs to reason on the many scriptures I quoted earlier where it says the earth we are on now will be here forever. And as you know there are many scriptures that speak of events that are figurative and not literal. So if the scriptures I quoted are true, then the ones that your referring to have to be figuative in the sense that a cleansing of the two, heavens and earth, of wicked ones both physical and spiritual is what that means. If the literal heavens and earth are destroyed then what would happen to all the inhabitants of both? And why would it necassary to destroy them both? God did not have to destroy the earth in the past but he used the flood to do a cleansing of sorts at that time.
  15. Hmmm . . .
    Moves
    18 Jul '10 16:491 edit
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Eventually the sun will explode.
    Reminds me of a joke:

A cosmologist was giving a public lecture in which he said that the sun would die out, and life on earth along with it, in about a billion years. A man in the lecture hall put his head in his hands, and groaned loudly: “Oh no! That’s awful.”

“Well, yes, I suppose so,” the cosmologist said. “But I did say it won’t be for another billion years.”

“Oh, that’s better!” the man replied, obviously cheered up. “I thought you said a million years!”

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree