1. Standard memberHalitose
    I stink, ergo I am
    On the rebound
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 06:17
    Originally posted by The Chess Express
    Originally posted by Wulebgr
    [b]You are a sinner who deserves condemnation.

Are you comfortable with God judging you in this way?[/b]
    The omniscient quality is especially important to distinguish between jest and lambasting - a fine-tuned skill one can well use on this forum.
  2. Standard memberKellyJay
    Walk your Faith
    USA
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 06:19
    Originally posted by rwingett
    Ski resorts be damned! I keep waiting for that long promised global warming to kick in. Never another cursed snowflake again!
    Do what I did a few years ago, move to Arizona. No need to worry
    about snow flakes there. 115+ degree days in the summer, but
    no snow, at least where I was any way. 🙂
    Kelly
  3. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    24 Nov '05 07:37
    Originally posted by Halitose
    The omniscient quality is especially important to distinguish between jest and lambasting - a fine-tuned skill one can well use on this forum.
    And all the people say, AMEN!
  4. Colorado
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 13:06
    As long as she possesses the other attributes believed to be Godlike: just, loving, omniscient, ...

Comfort isn't really the issue, is it?
    Romans 2:1-3 (NIV)
    (1) You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.
  5. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 13:31
    Romans 2:1-3 (NIV)
    (1) You, therefore, have no excuse, you who pass judgment on someone else, for at whatever point you judge the other, you are condemning yourself, because you who pass judgment do the same things.
    John 7:21-24 (NIV)
    (21) Jesus said to them, “I did one miracle, and you are all astonished.
    (22) Yet, because Moses gave you circumcision (though actually it did not come from Moses, but from the patriarchs), you circumcise a child on the Sabbath.
    (23) Now if a child can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the law of Moses may not be broken, why are you angry with me for healing the whole man on the Sabbath?
    (24) Stop judging by mere appearances, and make a right judgment.”

We see from Jesus’ words here that we are most definitely to judge, but we are not to judge by our own perceptions or opinions. Rather, we are to judge by the Word of God. Most of our judgments involve interaction with people. We are to judge people’s words and deeds by the Word of God, and in so doing we must separate the sin from the sinner. This helps us reserve judgments on someone’s heart and give him the benefit of the doubt, at least until we have enough facts, and that may take a while. As Oswald Chambers says, “There is always one more fact in every man’s case about which I know nothing.” Consider the following verses:

Romans 16:17-18 (NIV)
    (17) I urge you, brothers, to watch out for those who cause divisions and put obstacles in your way that are contrary to the teaching you have learned. Keep away from them.
    (18) For such people are not serving our Lord Christ, but their own appetites. By smooth talk and flattery they deceive the minds of naive people.

3 John 1:9-12 (NIV)
    (9) I wrote to the church, but Diotrephes, who loves to be first, will have nothing to do with us.
    (10) So if I come, I will call attention to what he is doing, gossiping maliciously about us. Not satisfied with that, he refuses to welcome the brothers. He also stops those who want to do so and puts them out of the church.
    (11) Dear friend, do not imitate what is evil but what is good. Anyone who does what is good is from God. Anyone who does what is evil has not seen God.
    (12) Demetrius is well spoken of by everyone--and even by the truth itself. We also speak well of him, and you know that our testimony is true.

Again we see that the Word of God (the truth) is the only standard by which to judge anything. In the following verse, notice that the apostle Paul expected people to judge even what he said to them.

1 Corinthians 10:15 (NIV)
    I speak to sensible people; judge for yourselves what I say.
  6. Colorado
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 13:491 edit
    Originally posted by checkbaiter
    John 7:21-24 (NIV)
    (21) Jesus said to them, “I did one miracle, and you are all astonished.
    (22) Yet, because Moses gave you circumcision (though actually it did not come from Moses, but from the patriarchs), you circumcise a child on the Sabbath.
    (23) Now if a child can be circumcised on the Sabbath so that the law of Moses may not be bro ...[text shortened]...
    It’s not Wulebgr’s job to send people to heaven or hell.

This helps us reserve judgments on someone’s heart and give him the benefit of the doubt, at least until we have enough facts, and that may take a while. As Oswald Chambers says, “There is always one more fact in every man’s case about which I know nothing.”

This is my point. God makes the call.

Again we see that the Word of God (the truth) is the only standard by which to judge anything. In the following verse, notice that the apostle Paul expected people to judge even what he said to them.

It’s fine to reject what another says. We should do this as there is much BS floating around. This doesn’t mean saying “You are a sinner who deserves condemnation.”
  7. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 14:16
    It’s not Wulebgr’s job to send people to heaven or hell.

[b]This helps us reserve judgments on someone’s heart and give him the benefit of the doubt, at least until we have enough facts, and that may take a while. As Oswald Chambers says, “There is always one more fact in every man’s case about which I know nothing.”

This is my point. Go ...[text shortened]... much BS floating around. This doesn’t mean saying “You are a sinner who deserves condemnation.”[/b]
    I wasn't referring to your debate with Wulebrgr as much as debating the false notion that we are never to judge.
    People use the verse where Jesus says "Judge not....", but He is implying remove the beam from your own eye first.🙂
  8. Colorado
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 14:342 edits
    I wasn't referring to your debate with Wulebrgr as much as debating the false notion that we are never to judge.
    People use the verse where Jesus says "Judge not....", but He is implying remove the beam from your own eye first.🙂
    I can agree then. There is plenty of bad in this world and we need to judge it for what it is. Yes, most people who judge others fail to notice the beam in their own eye.
  9. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 14:49
    This doesn’t mean saying “You are a sinner who deserves condemnation.”
    According to traditional Christianity, we are all sinners deserving condemnation. What's the problem with observing this simple fact, especially when someone utters such sacrilege as disliking the snow that feeds the rivers?
  10. Standard memberWulebgr
    Angler
    River City
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 15:041 edit
    Wulebrgr
    Wulebgr

as in Woolly Bugger

Take a hook 2-3 XH and 4-8 XL, crimp the barb and lock it in your vise. Start your thread near the front of the hook and wrap a thread base back to the bend. Wrap some lead wire or the lead from a wine bottle upon this thread base and secure. Tie on a length of copper wire near the bend. Tie on a mirabou feather so it extends 3/4 to one hook length behind the bend. Secure the mirabou stem along the shank to one eye-length behind the eye, then return your thread to the bend. Tie on a saddle feather by the tip and secure. Tie on the end of length of chenille (I usually substitute a dubbing loop for the chenille). Run your thread back to the front and let the bobbin hang. Wrap the chenille towards the front, running the first wrap behind the saddle feather. Tie off, leaving one eye-length of bare hook at the front. Palmer the saddle hackle towards the front and tie off. Counter-wrap the copper wire to the front and secure. Build a thread head, whip finish, and coat the head with clear nail polish or tying cement.

Go fishing.
  11. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 20:37
    Wulebgr

as in Woolly Bugger

Take a hook 2-3 XH and 4-8 XL, crimp the barb and lock it in your vise. Start your thread near the front of the hook and wrap a thread base back to the bend. Wrap some lead wire or the lead from a wine bottle upon this thread base and secure. Tie on a length of copper wire near the bend. Tie on a mirabou feather so it extend ...[text shortened]... read head, whip finish, and coat the head with clear nail polish or tying cement.

Go fishing.
    Sorry Wulebgr and thanks for the tip. What do you catch, trout? What size hook was that?
  12. Standard memberno1marauder
    Naturally Right
    Somewhere Else
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 20:48
    So when Jesus said "Judge not", he meant "Judge everybody all the time"! Thanks for clearing THAT up.
  13. Joined
    24 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 21:02
    Originally posted by rwingett
    I realize that the universe is divided into two camps: the forces of Warmth and the forces of Cold. Warmth is regenerative, life affirming, and pleasant. Cold is frigid, beastly, and not conducive to life. Those that take pleasure in Warmth are all good. Those that take pleasure in Cold are the epitomy of evil. They should be hunted down like beasts and exterminated.
    Hey!!!

I'm not evil. I love snow. Lots and lots of snow actually makes the air a little warmer (believe it or not). And the long dark nights, is a bit lighter. Snow is good. Snow is light and an excuse to be childish and go... actually I don't know the english word for it... you know... a small plastic plate... you sit on it... and off you go... down the hillside 😀

Marvelous!..

Then again. My ancestors were Vikings. We kinda like it rough, Real men are forged over here, you know 😏
  14. Joined
    24 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 21:07
    Originally posted by Scimitar
    Hey!!!

I'm not evil. I love snow. Lots and lots of snow actually makes the air a little warmer (believe it or not). And the long dark nights, is a bit lighter. Snow is good. Snow is light and an excuse to be childish and go... actually I don't know the english word for it... you know... a small plastic plate... you sit on it... and off you go... down t ...[text shortened]... n. My ancestors were Vikings. We kinda like it rough, Real men are forged over here, you know 😏
    Real men are forged over here, you know 😏

I hear you... 😀
  15. Joined
    24 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Nov '05 21:17
    Though our winters are getting warmer every year. They say in fifty years or so, they'll have tropical weather as far up as the netherlands. That will make Sweden look like England. Horrible... Just horrible... :'(

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree