1. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 06:46
    Originally posted by divegeester
    But how do we know the claim is true? There is virtually no scientic evidence in that video. You saying "if the claim is true" is no more convincing than robbie carrobie saying "we are awesome" every other day. Can you see that?
    Each person has to evaluate it himself to see if it strengthens his own faith. I know that not everyone will have the same reaction. However, I do not feel responsible for making everyone think the same. I only present what I think might be helpful for some that are willing to consider it.
  2. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 09:09
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    Each person has to evaluate it himself to see if it strengthens his own faith. I know that not everyone will have the same reaction. However, I do not feel responsible for making everyone think the same. I only present what I think might be helpful for some that are willing to consider it.
    But a few posts up you said "it should be obvious that the claim is true" and now you are saying it is a matter of personal opinion.

How can you be so adamant that it is "obvious" and yet also pragmatic that it is open to personal opinion?

Your not just making this up as you go sling are you.
  3. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 15:37
    If you really want the answer, watch the video.
    So you can't even respond to me about it in this thread. Nice.

I don't think I'll waste any additional time on the video, either, then.
  4. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 17:47
    But a few posts up you said "it should be obvious that the claim is true" and now you are saying it is a matter of personal opinion.

How can you be so adamant that it is "obvious" and yet also pragmatic that it is open to personal opinion?

Your not just making this up as you go sling are you.
    My statement began like this:

"It should be obvious that if the claim is true, ...

Notice the IF in statement. That is not me being adamant that the claim is obviously true as you claim I did.

So maybe it would be good for you to really pay attention so you do not make untrue claims.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 17:49
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So you can't even respond to me about it in this thread. Nice.

I don't think I'll waste any additional time on the video, either, then.
    No problem. You are free to waste your time on anything you choose.
  6. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 17:56
    My statement began like this:

"It should be obvious that [b]if
    the claim is true, ...

Notice the IF in statement. That is not me being adamant that the claim is obviously true as you claim I did.

So maybe it would be good for you to really pay attention so you do not make untrue claims.[/b]
    But that is a pointless statement isn't it?

It's like saying to sonhouse "if the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists" then you should consider getting to know it.

It's like this whole thread to be honest, completely pointless.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 18:43
    But that is a pointless statement isn't it?

It's like saying to sonhouse "if the Flying Spaghetti Monster exists" then you should consider getting to know it.

It's like this whole thread to be honest, completely pointless.
    If that is your assessment then don't worry about it. Someone else may have a different attitude about it. This thread is for that one, not for you.
  8. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 18:46
    If that is your assessment then don't worry about it. Someone else may have a different attitude about it. This thread is for that one, not for you.
    Well maybe that someone should speak out. Doesn't look like you have any takers. So what would THAT mean hmmm?
  9. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    16 Feb '14 20:02
    Is it also for the ones you drive away with your repugnant attitude?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 01:09
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    Is it also for the ones you drive away with your repugnant attitude?
    Repugnant attitude? Now I am very disappointed for I thought I was being very nice in this thread. I did not call anyone numbnuts or any other name in this thread, nor did I tell them to get their head out. How much nicer could I be?
  11. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 22:35
    I thought I was being very nice in this thread. I did not call anyone numbnuts or any other name...
    How wonderfully magnanimous of you; I’m sure the zero amount of people who give a microscopic shlt will be relieved that they have not come under the full force of your derision.
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    17 Feb '14 23:43
    How wonderfully magnanimous of you; I’m sure the zero amount of people who give a microscopic shlt will be relieved that they have not come under the full force of your derision.
    You give me the impression that you don't appreciate how nice I have been in this thread.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    18 Feb '14 11:55
    You give me the impression that you don't appreciate how nice I have been in this thread.
    You mean you think you have the power to hurt? You are a joke here.
  14. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 14:471 edit
    The real location of the Garden of Eden claimed to have been found using satelite imagery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6epLexw404
    Yes, I know, old news.

Do you remember when you actually thought that Eden was outside the coastline of Somalia? You even gave the coordinates.

Eden is a symbolic place, nothing more.
  15. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    26 Feb '14 15:08
    Originally posted by FabianFnas
    Yes, I know, old news.

Do you remember when you actually thought that Eden was outside the coastline of Somalia? You even gave the coordinates.

Eden is a symbolic place, nothing more.
    I did not know you were here then.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree