1. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 10:47
    Originally posted by RJHinds
    You err. Being a Christian does not mean being exactly like Jesus. No one could claim to be a Christian by that definition. I am a Christian because of my belief. You are not a Christian because of your belief.
    You mean, because I cannot be like Jesus, nothing matters.

Killing people, harassing people, insulting people, doesn't matter, because I cannot be like Jesus.

The news is that noone expect you to be exactly like Jesus. But he who claims to be Christian should strive to be like him as much as possible. At the minimum listen of what he said about things. I am not christian, but many things Jesus said is good and worth living by. There are christians that thinks otherwise.
  2. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Account suspended
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 17:40
    The real location of the Garden of Eden claimed to have been found using satelite imagery.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6epLexw404
    is it in the ladygarden or in the ozzy bush ?
  3. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 20:41
    Originally posted by FabianFnas

Killing people, harassing people, insulting people, doesn't matter, because I cannot be like Jesus.

The news is that noone expect you to be exactly like Jesus. But he who claims to be Christian should strive to be like him as much as possible. At the minimum listen of what he said about thin ...[text shortened]... many things Jesus said is good and worth living by. There are christians that thinks otherwise.
    Is all you can provide strawman arguments?
  4. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 22:242 edits
    In other words, you are ok calling people 'numbnuts' or 'stupid', etc., for daring to disagree with you and such not caring such tactics have a well known ancient name: Ad hominem attacks, attack the person, so you think you will discredit the argument. Good luck with that tactic. It makes you look SO brilliant.
  5. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    27 Feb '14 22:55
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    In other words, you are ok calling people 'numbnuts' or 'stupid', etc., for daring to disagree with you and such not caring such tactics have a well known ancient name: Ad hominem attacks, attack the person, so you think you will discredit the argument. Good luck with that tactic. It makes you look SO brilliant.
    You know a lot about ad hominem attacks for you use them against me all the time.
  6. SubscriberSuzianne
    Misfit Queen
    Isle of Misfit Toys
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 01:52
    There could be two locations for the Garden of Eden. The original location when Adam and Eve were there and another location after the dividing of the land after the worldwide flood of Noah's day.
    So why will you go this far with these people when you would not answer my question about Eden? You just blew me off with a "watch the video" cop-out answer.
  7. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 02:01
    Originally posted by Suzianne
    So why will you go this far with these people when you would not answer my question about Eden? You just blew me off with a "watch the video" cop-out answer.
    I can't give you any better answer than the man on the video. I did not go there. I am only reporting the information. If you don't want to believe it, then that is fine with me, because I am not sure it is true. I never said it is true, but only that it could be for all I know. What else do you want me to tell you?
  8. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 08:47
    You really have to look up the meaning of strawman, Ronald. You really do.
    Then you will know how much strawmen you use to avoid to answer questions.
  9. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 08:49
    I can't give you any better answer than the man on the video. I did not go there. I am only reporting the information. If you don't want to believe it, then that is fine with me, because I am not sure it is true. I never said it is true, but only that it could be for all I know. What else do you want me to tell you?
    You have already told us that it just was a joke. You admit that Eden is not situated some 100 miles outside the coastline of Somalia, just a joke you said. And then you made fun of us that we believed you.

Why should we believe you when you are a self admitted joker?
  10. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 20:08
    You have already told us that it just was a joke. You admit that Eden is not situated some 100 miles outside the coastline of Somalia, just a joke you said. And then you made fun of us that we believed you.

Why should we believe you when you are a self admitted joker?
    Why should anybody believe anybody?
  11. Standard membergalveston75
    Texasman
    San Antonio Texas
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 20:23

The news is that noone expect you to be exactly like Jesus. But he who claims to be Christian should strive to be like him as much as possible. At the minimum listen of what he said about thin ...[text shortened]... many things Jesus said is good and worth living by. There are christians that thinks otherwise.
    Hummmm that's been suggested to RJH many times. So far? Not so much that I've seen for the better. But who knows, maybe he'll get it someday. Many have changed and he can too....
  12. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    28 Feb '14 23:22
    Originally posted by galveston75
    Hummmm that's been suggested to RJH many times. So far? Not so much that I've seen for the better. But who knows, maybe he'll get it someday. Many have changed and he can too....
    I never said I was just like Jesus. I have said many times that I am a miserable sinner deserving of eternal punishment.
  13. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 02:15
    I never said I was just like Jesus. I have said many times that I am a miserable sinner deserving of eternal punishment.
    And I see you bring on your own worse punishment. Great religion you have there that continually keeps men down in the dirt and lies to them how lowly and miserable and worthless they all are.

Wow, I would LOVE to be part of a religion that tells me I am a piece of shyte, I was BORN a piece of shyte and will die a piece of shyte unless I become a sycophant to a man made god.

Yessir, I can't WAIT to become part of that crowd.
  14. Standard memberRJHinds
    The Near Genius
    Fort Gordon
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 03:55
    Originally posted by sonhouse
    And I see you bring on your own worse punishment. Great religion you have there that continually keeps men down in the dirt and lies to them how lowly and miserable and worthless they all are.

Wow, I would LOVE to be part of a religion that tells me I am a piece of shyte, I was BORN a piece of shyte and will die a piece of shyte unless I become a sycophant to a man made god.

Yessir, I can't WAIT to become part of that crowd.
    You should look at it this way:

Even thought I am a piece of shyte, God loves me anyway.
  15. Joined
    11 Nov '05
    Moves
    01 Mar '14 07:221 edit
    You should look at it this way:

Even thought I am a piece of shyte, God loves me anyway.
    You say that you are "a piece of shyte", you say that you are a "moron". Good, then you are honest in this regard.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree