Moves
    13 May '14 15:24
    can god forgive the things that gay people think
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '14 15:311 edit
    Originally posted by redbarons
    its interesting that some Christians in the first century practiced homosexuality and when they came into contact with Christianity stopped practicing it. If you feed your mind on things which are likely to induce in you homosexual urges then can God forgive you if you think gay thoughts? Surely the Christian is to be chaste in thoughts as well as in deeds?
  3. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 May '14 15:33
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    its interesting that some Christians in the first century practiced homosexuality and when they came into contact with Christianity stopped practicing it. If you feed your mind on things which are likely to induce in you homosexual urges then can God forgive you if you think gay thoughts? Surely the Christian is to be chaste in thoughts as well as in deeds?
    Can anyone control his/her thoughts?
  4. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '14 15:42
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Can anyone control his/her thoughts?
    Is suspect it depends upon what we feed our minds upon, sure random thoughts may come into the mind but generally we are focused on something.
  5. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 May '14 15:52
    Too much chastity leads to misery. It blows me away that we would rather have gay people pretend to be straight and marry straight women to whom they feel little physical attraction. As if we don't already have enough unhappy marriages.
  6. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '14 16:001 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Too much chastity leads to misery. It blows me away that we would rather have gay people pretend to be straight and marry straight women to whom they feel little physical attraction. As if we don't already have enough unhappy marriages.
    I don't accept any of the pseudo scientific jive talk that has been proffered that homosexuality is immutable, its nonsense. We are capable of both homosexual and heterosexual acts are therefore in essence neither. All that remains is the act. No jive talk about genetic predisposition as if it was a causation, because predisposition is not the same as causation, don't you think?
  7. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 May '14 16:03
    I don't accept any of the pseudo scientific jive talk that has been proffered that homosexuality is immutable, its nonsense.
    It doesn't even matter if it is immutable. I don't care about that. Point is, you're putting a poor straight woman in a situation where her husband is fighting his own lust for other dudes. Whether he chose to lust or had it built in, it still sucks to be her.
  8. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '14 16:051 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    It doesn't even matter if it is immutable. I don't care about that. Point is, you're putting a poor straight woman in a situation where her husband is fighting his own lust for other dudes. Whether he chose to lust or had it built in, it still sucks to be her.
    then perhaps he would be better to feed his mind on something else, or does he have no control over his thoughts and actions, a mere autobot to his desires?
  9. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 May '14 16:10
    then perhaps he would be better to feed his mind on something else, or does he have no control over his thoughts and actions, a mere autobot to his desires?
    Everyone has control, but it is hard to fight for control and pay attention to the needs of another person not involved in the fight at the same time.
  10. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 May '14 16:39
    Is suspect it depends upon what we feed our minds upon, sure random thoughts may come into the mind but generally we are focused on something.
    So flyby thoughts are okay? What if someone has those flyby thoughts
    every time (s)he sees certain members of the same sex, but never when
    they see the opposite sex? It's not that they focus on it, but that they
    can't help thinking about it. How's that fair of your god to expect more of
    them than the rest of us?
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '14 16:53
    So flyby thoughts are okay? What if someone has those flyby thoughts
    every time (s)he sees certain members of the same sex, but never when
    they see the opposite sex? It's not that they focus on it, but that they
    can't help thinking about it. How's that fair of your god to expect more of
    them than the rest of us?
    do you as a heterosexual fantasize about every women you see? then why should it be any different for those who fantasize about persons of the same sex? please explain?
  12. Subscribersonhouse
    Fast and Curious
    slatington, pa, usa
    Moves
    13 May '14 16:56
    Originally posted by redbarons
    Oh, I thought you were going to talk about a god who was gay.....
  13. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 May '14 17:121 edit
    do you as a heterosexual fantasize about every women you see? then why should it be any different for those who fantasize about persons of the same sex? please explain?
    I didn't say everyone*, but I find a lot of women attractive, so why should it
    be different for those whom are attracted to the same sex? Your god is
    supposed to be merciful but just. I think, as long as no one is harmed, why
    would a just god exact punishment?

* Oh, I did write everyone. Well, maybe not everyone then. 😵
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '14 17:231 edit
    I didn't say everyone*, but I find a lot of women attractive, so why should it
    be different for those whom are attracted to the same sex? Your god is
    supposed to be merciful but just. I think, as long as no one is harmed, why
    would a just god exact punishment?

* Oh, I did write everyone. Well, maybe not everyone then. 😵
    ohhhh just seeing that you are the main man in my clan Ill let that one go. 😀

We all face desires and temptation, but one is a free moral agent and responsible for ones own actions, we should have control of ourselves. The bible does not condemn one for have a fleeting thought, it condemns one for dwelling on that thought with the intent to commit an immoral act. I think that as we are free moral agents and responsible for our own actions that its perfectly reasonable that God holds us accountable for those actions.
  15. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 May '14 17:36
    ohhhh just seeing that you are the main man in my clan Ill let that one go. 😀

We all face desires and temptation, but one is a free moral agent and responsible for ones own actions, we should have control of ourselves. The bible does not condemn one for have a fleeting thought, it condemns one for dwelling on that thought with the intent to com ...[text shortened]... r our own actions that its perfectly reasonable that God holds us accountable for those actions.
    Now see, as an atheist I have a real problem with the idea that anyone
    should be punished for actions that do no harm. I don't get that. To me,
    what is morally defensible, are precisely those actions you take that do no
    harm. If you have urges to harm people, the moral thing to do is to fight
    those urges, exercise control, but if it harms no one, I can't see how it's
    immoral.

I guess this is one of those issues that a religious and a non-religious
    person won't be able to agree on.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree