gay and god

Standard memberRemoved
Spirituality 13 May '14 15:24
  1. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 May '14 17:37
    Originally posted by robbie carrobie
    ohhhh just seeing that you are the main man in my clan Ill let that one go. 😀

We all face desires and temptation, but one is a free moral agent and responsible for ones own actions, we should have control of ourselves. The bible does not condemn one for have a fleeting thought, it condemns one for dwelling on that thought with the intent to com ...[text shortened]... r our own actions that its perfectly reasonable that God holds us accountable for those actions.
    are you able to control your physiological reactions?
  2. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '14 18:00
    Originally posted by C Hess
    Now see, as an atheist I have a real problem with the idea that anyone
    should be punished for actions that do no harm. I don't get that. To me,
    what is morally defensible, are precisely those actions you take that do no
    harm. If you have urges to harm people, the moral thing to do is to fight
    those urges, exercise control, but if it harms no one, I ca ...[text shortened]... is one of those issues that a religious and a non-religious
    person won't be able to agree on.
    Well ok, thats fine 😀
  3. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '14 18:10
    Originally posted by stellspalfie
    are you able to control your physiological reactions?
    physiological reactions? science has determined that the human body is not conducive for homosexual male anal sex and that it presents certain incontrovertible health risks to those who engage in it and yet homosexuals and others practice it despite these inherent dangers. Why someone should be attracted to something that is contrary to nature and against the physiology of the human body I cannot say, its seems neither logical nor rational if I am honest and yet there are not a few sexual deviants that practice all kinds of irrational and painful things.

Even if one is to allow for some kind of physiological reaction it itself is not a causation to act on that impulse, for once gain we are free moral agents and should be in control of our actions.
  4. Joined
    16 Jan '07
    Moves
    13 May '14 18:23
    physiological reactions? science has determined that the human body is not conducive for homosexual male anal sex and that it presents certain incontrovertible health risks to those who engage in it and yet homosexuals and others practice it despite these inherent dangers. Why someone should be attracted to something that is contrary to nature and ...[text shortened]... on that impulse, for once gain we are free moral agents and should be in control of our actions.
    i wasnt referring to anal sex. i was asking you if you can control your physiological reaction. for example if you are thirsty can you make that feeling go away? if you are hungry can you make that feeling go away?
  5. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 May '14 18:48
    Can anyone control his/her thoughts?
    Yes!!! With practice.
  6. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 May '14 18:49
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Yes!!! With practice.
    Could you have stopped yourself before thinking that thought, so you
    wouldn't have thought that thought?
  7. Standard memberRBHILL
    Acts 13:48
    California
    Moves
    13 May '14 18:59
    Could you have stopped yourself before thinking that thought, so you
    wouldn't have thought that thought?
    Thinking about something for 1 second is a lot different the 20 minutes.

Romans 12:1-3 can help you understand.
  8. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 May '14 19:14
    Originally posted by RBHILL
    Thinking about something for 1 second is a lot different the 20 minutes.

Romans 12:1-3 can help you understand.
    Yeah, I'll take that action, and raise you romans 12:6-8, for my gift is to show
    understanding for other people's plights, and to defend those whom are under
    attack (lest of course I'm the one doing the attacking - of course - I can't
    both defend and not defend the same person on the same issue - that'd be
    weird - wouldn't that be weird? - that would be kinda funny, actually - hmm).
  9. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 May '14 19:14
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Too much chastity leads to misery.
    Especially when masturbation makes you turn gay. At least if you believe robbie carrobie it does anyway.
  10. Standard memberBigDogg
    Secret RHP coder
    on the payroll
    Moves
    13 May '14 19:24
    Originally posted by divegeester
    Especially when masturbation makes you turn gay. At least if you believe robbie carrobie it does anyway.
    Well, they had to think of some way of painting it as a bad thing. Fundies always are scheming to stop anyone who is danger of having a good time. Can't have sex before marriage; can't even rub one out fantasizing about the girl you're going to marry. They actually aspire to misery.
  11. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '14 19:311 edit
    Originally posted by BigDoggProblem
    Well, they had to think of some way of painting it as a bad thing. Fundies always are scheming to stop anyone who is danger of having a good time. Can't have sex before marriage; can't even rub one out fantasizing about the girl you're going to marry. They actually aspire to misery.
    and yet the emprical evidence of sexually transmitted disease, unwanted pregnancies and abortions contribute to overwhelming joy and happiness, wow 🙄
  12. Joined
    16 Feb '08
    Moves
    13 May '14 19:34
    and yet the emprical evidence of sexually transmitted disease, unwanted pregnancies and abortions contribute to overwhelming joy and happiness, wow 🙄
    Can you show the "empirical evidence" which shows that masturbation makes you turn gay?
  13. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 May '14 19:431 edit
    ...the emprical evidence of sexually transmitted disease, unwanted pregnancies and abortions...
    How's shaking willy gonna do all that? 😕
  14. Account suspended
    Moves
    13 May '14 19:50
    How's shaking willy gonna do all that? 😕
    he mentions more than masturbation in his text.
  15. Joined
    31 Aug '06
    Moves
    13 May '14 19:54
    he mentions more than masturbation in his text.
    So, you're fine with shaking willy?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree