1. R
    Standard memberRemoved
    Moves
    08 May '05 01:59
    I am conflicted by the scriptures teachings. God describes the union of male and female as sacred and the human body as a sacred temple of God that should not ne defiled. Yet Jesus teaches that what you permit on Earth will be permitted in heaven and what you prohibit on Earth will be prohibited in heaven (Matthew 18. 18). Paul the apostle also tells us to make up our minds in honour of the lord and that we should not judge poeple because God has accepted that person(Romans 14). Then again Paul also tells us that God has given sinners hearts over to filthy thingd and they will do filthy things with each other(Romans 1. 24.)
    I'm confused.
  2. Donationkirksey957
    Outkast
    With White Women
    Moves
    08 May '05 02:02
    Originally posted by Conrau K
    I am conflicted by the scriptures teachings. God describes the union of male and female as sacred and the human body as a sacred temple of God that should not ne defiled. Yet Jesus teaches that what you permit on Earth will be permitted in heaven and what you prohibit on Earth will be prohibited in heaven (Matthew 18. 18). Paul the apostle also tells us to ...[text shortened]... to filthy thingd and they will do filthy things with each other(Romans 1. 24.)
    I'm confused.
    Welcome to life!
  3. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 May '05 02:03
    I am conflicted by the scriptures teachings. God describes the union of male and female as sacred and the human body as a sacred temple of God that should not ne defiled. Yet Jesus teaches that what you permit on Earth will be permitted in heaven and what you prohibit on Earth will be prohibited in heaven (Matthew 18. 18). Paul the apostle also tells us to ...[text shortened]... to filthy thingd and they will do filthy things with each other(Romans 1. 24.)
    I'm confused.
    Confused... you are reading a book thousands of years outdated.

ES
  4. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    08 May '05 02:06
    Originally posted by Phlabibit
    Confused... you are reading a book thousands of years outdated.

ES
    It is very old indeed, however the truths held in it are still as valid today as the day the were written.

5. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 May '05 02:07
    Originally posted by Una
    It is very old indeed, however the truths held in it are still as valid today as the day the were written.

Yup, stone that woman... would ya?!

ES
  6. Donationbbarr
    Chief Justice
    Center of Contention
    Moves
    08 May '05 02:09
    Originally posted by Una

Yes, and the falsehoods are just as pernicious.
  7. London
    Moves
    08 May '05 02:10
    I'm confused.
    Mt 18:18 is said to Peter and has been traditionally understood by the Church as the authority to absolve sins.

Rm 14:3 asks Christians who are well-grounded in the faith to show charity towards Christians who are scrupulous (e.g. in dietary matters or matters of fasting) because they are not as well-grounded in the faith.

No conflicts here.
  8. Standard memberUna
    Solacriptura
    Moves
    08 May '05 02:47
    Yup, stone that woman... would ya?!

ES
    Stone what woman?
  9. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 May '05 03:29
    Originally posted by Una
    Stone what woman?
    From Deuteronomy, chapter 22
    Bible, King James. Deuteronomy, from The holy Bible, King James version

http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/etcbin/toccer-new2?id=KjvDeut.sgm&images=images/modeng&data=/texts/english/modeng/parsed&tag=public&part=22&division=div1

19: And they shall amerce him in an hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of the damsel, because he hath brought up an evil name upon a virgin of Israel: and she shall be his wife; he may not put her away all his days.
    20: But if this thing be true, and the tokens of virginity be not found for the damsel:
    21: Then they shall bring out the damsel to the door of her father's house, and the men of her city shall stone her with stones that she die: because she hath wrought folly in Israel, to play the whore in her father's house: so shalt thou put evil away from among you.
    22: If a man be found lying with a woman married to an husband, then they shall both of them die, both the man that lay with the woman, and the woman: so shalt thou put away evil from Israel.
    23: If a damsel that is a virgin be betrothed unto an husband, and a man find her in the city, and lie with her;
    24: Then ye shall bring them both out unto the gate of that city, and ye shall stone them with stones that they die; the damsel, because she cried not, being in the city; and the man, because he hath humbled his neighbour's wife: so thou shalt put away evil from among you.
    25: But if a man find a betrothed damsel in the field, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die:
  10. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 May '05 04:14
    From Deuteronomy, chapter 22
    Bible, King James. Deuteronomy, from The holy Bible, King James version

http://etext.lib.virginia.edu/etcbin/toccer-new2?id=KjvDeut.sgm&images=images/modeng&data=/texts/english/modeng/parsed&tag=public&part=22&division=div1

19: And they shall amerce him in an hundred shekels of silver, and give them unto the father of t ...[text shortened]... ield, and the man force her, and lie with her: then the man only that lay with her shall die:
    He who is without sin throw the first stone
  11. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 May '05 04:17
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    He who is without sin throw the first stone
    I'm not throwing any stones. Never had, never will. Follow the conversation please.

ES
  12. Felicific Forest
    Moves
    08 May '05 04:171 edit
    Originally posted by bbarr
    Yes, and the falsehoods are just as pernicious.

Now that's not very Buddha-like, is it Bbarr ?

By the way what does Buddhism say about gay "marriage" ?
  13. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 May '05 04:22
    I'm not throwing any stones. Never had, never will. Follow the conversation please.

ES
    Never said you was, Just pointing out that we are not to judge
  14. Standard memberPhlabibit
    Mystic Meg
    tinyurl.com/3sbbwd4
    Moves
    08 May '05 04:26
    Originally posted by flyUnity
    Never said you was, Just pointing out that we are not to judge
    Don't tell me about it, I'm just debating a point about a book that I feel is outdated. OK?

ES
  15. Joined
    21 Oct '04
    Moves
    08 May '05 04:30
    Don't tell me about it, I'm just debating a point about a book that I feel is outdated. OK?

ES
    And Im debating my point ok?

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree