Germans are a Scourge

Germans are a Scourge

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

S

Moves
24 Aug 08

Historian John Toland about Hitler: "Still a member in good standing of the Church of Rome despite detestation of its hierarchy, he carried within him its teaching that the Jew was the killer of god. The extermination, therefore, could be done without a twinge of conscience since he was merely acting as the avenging hand of god..."

Mein Kampf: "... I am convinced that I am acting as the agent of our Creator. By fighting off the Jews. I am doing the Lord's work."

Speech in the Reihstag 1938: ""I believe today that I am acting in the sense of the Almighty Creator. By warding off the Jews, I am fighting for the Lord's work."

Also of interest: Hitler mother was not only the third wife of his father but also his half-niece. A papal dispensation was obtained for the marriage.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
25 Aug 08

Originally posted by Bosse de Nage
Have you been diagnosed with ADD?
No, I'm serious. If you read the site, it's all about that. But I don't think you bothered to open it.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
25 Aug 08

Originally posted by Sushill
Historian John Toland about Hitler: "Still a member in good standing of the Church of Rome despite detestation of its hierarchy, he carried within him its teaching that the Jew was the killer of god. The extermination, therefore, could be done without a twinge of conscience since he was merely acting as the avenging hand of god..."

Mein Kampf: "... I am c ...[text shortened]... his father but also his half-niece. A papal dispensation was obtained for the marriage.
Thank you.

Need any more proof, Bosse?

P
Upward Spiral

Halfway

Moves
25 Aug 08
1 edit

Originally posted by scherzo
Thank you.

Goebbels:
"The Führer is deeply religious, but deeply anti-Christian. He regards Christianity as a symptom of decay."

Edit - And this is not a public statement, but a diary entry. You should note that the Nazi propaganda machine viewed lies and manipulation of public sentiment to be perfectly justifiable (remember Goebbels most famous quote?). So public statements of religious belief are likely to be used for political purposes and should be treated with caution.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
25 Aug 08
2 edits

Thank you.

Some nobody parroting propaganda is hardly proof.

Proof would be a statement by Hitler talking about his relationship with Christ. After all, Christ is the central figure of the Christian religion. It seems you're incapable of grasping that point.

Let's see you ignore the Goebbels quote now and carry on like someone whose ears are filled with sand.

S

Moves
25 Aug 08

Proof would be a statement by Hitler talking about his relationship with Christ. After all, Christ is the central figure of the Christian religion. It seems you're incapable of grasping that point.

Let's see you ignore the Goebbels quote now and carry on like someone whose ears are filled with sand.
I am not willing to look for it but there are plenty of records from eye-witness accounts that state that Hitler only condoned the "church" because otherwise the people would revolt. He never stated he "believed" in Christ as his saviour. This, however, also doesn't disprove he considered himself a Christian. Apparently Toland seems to think he did consider himself a Christian

Read the very well written Biography by Ian Kershaw for more answers about Hitler's views on religion and his own "religious" views. From memory I think Kershaw concludes that Hitler had no religious ideas which you could call Christian.

Mein Kampf ... well ... hardly proof of anything besides that Hitler had a very sick mind, but definitely not a trustworthy account of Hitler's believe set.

I don't think Hitler saw himself as a Christian at all. He had only one faith and believe: himself.

btw ... Bosse ... who is the chick in your avatar. Pretty hot!

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
25 Aug 08

Originally posted by Sushill
I don't think Hitler saw himself as a Christian at all. He had only one faith and believe: himself.

btw ... Bosse ... who is the chick in your avatar. Pretty hot!
Precisely.

Jodie Foster, as photographed by Helmut Newton.

S

Moves
25 Aug 08

Precisely.

Jodie Foster, as photographed by Helmut Newton.
Thank you. Excellent photograph.

s

At the Revolution

Moves
28 Aug 08

Sorry for the late reply; I've been away.

Yes, propaganda would be a good method of getting people to be Christian. But, being Hitler, why would he bother? Why would the quote above be less propaganda-ic than Hitler's?

N

The sky

Moves
28 Aug 08

Sorry for the late reply; I've been away.

Yes, propaganda would be a good method of getting people to be Christian. But, being Hitler, why would he bother? Why would the quote above be less propaganda-ic than Hitler's?
He didn't use it to get people to be Christian, but to get Christian people on his side. And the reason why the Göbbels quote (I assume that's what you are referring to when you say 'the quote above'😉 is less likely to be propagandistic is obvious - it was not a statement made in public.

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
28 Aug 08

Originally posted by Nordlys
He didn't use it to get people to be Christian, but to get Christian people on his side. And the reason why the Göbbels quote (I assume that's what you are referring to when you say 'the quote above'😉 is less likely to be propagandistic is obvious - it was not a statement made in public.
1. 'Onward Christian soldiers' exhorts Christians to go forward 'as to war'.
2. Hitler sent his soldiers to war.
3. Hitler was a Christian

QED

N

The sky

Moves
28 Aug 08

1. 'Onward Christian soldiers' exhorts Christians to go forward 'as to war'.
2. Hitler sent his soldiers to war.
3. Hitler was a Christian

QED
Your roight! I don't know why I didn't see that before!

Zellulärer Automat

Spiel des Lebens

Moves
28 Aug 08
1 edit

Originally posted by Nordlys
Your roight! I don't know why I didn't see that before!
But wait, there's more.

1. Hitler was a Christian.
2. Hitler was a vegetarian.
3. All vegetarians are Christian Nazi Jew-hating Zionist scum.

W
Angler

River City

Moves
28 Aug 08

Originally posted by DoctorScribbles
http://www.cnn.com/2008/WORLD/europe/08/12/germany.killings.ap/index.html

They also started both World Wars.
Du verstest nada.

S

Moves
28 Aug 08