1. Cape Town
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 11:45
    Originally posted by karoly aczel
    No amount of this kind of proof will change a closed mind.
    I repeat, it isn't 'proof' in any way, shape or form. It is unsubstantiated third party opinion. You are telling us that somebody else told you something but we have no way of checking up on that person. So we are not even relying on your word, we are relying on your word that somebody elses word is accurate. You have shown in the past that you will pass on as fact just about anything that you hear from other people even when you know yourself that it is not something sensible.

Your answer reflects a closed mind.
    No it doesn't. An open minded person is not someone who believes everything they hear regardless of what it is, thats a weak mind not an open mind. It is possible to be open minded and skeptical.

Now , what is it that we are talking about? something outside of ourselves?
    No, you claimed that 1000 people saw a UFO above new York and that that is somehow proof of something. You don't even seem to know what 'UFO' stands for.

It would take an open, initiated mind to have a decent take on this.
    Now you are changing the conditions. You are saying 'initiated'. In other words, someone who has other information regarding the phenomena in question. I fully admit that I do not have such information and thus am not 'initiated'. But that does not logically lead to the conclusion that I do not have an open mind.
  2. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 13:52
    Originally posted by twhitehead
    I repeat, it isn't 'proof' in any way, shape or form. It is unsubstantiated third party opinion. You are telling us that somebody else told you something but we have no way of checking up on that person. So we are not even relying on your word, we are relying on your word that somebody elses word is accurate. You have shown in the past that you will pass ...[text shortened]... . But that does not logically lead to the conclusion that I do not have an open mind.
    Yes,yes.
    I'm a story teller and nothing more.

Like I have said directly or inferred indirectly, theses phenomena on the outside only reflect the truth on the inside.
    The One answer on the inside answers all the questions on the outside.

There is no need for me to start rabbling on again at this point.
    Rvsahkadeo, Taoman, myself and others have already had numerous discussions basically explaining the same sort of thing.

What about Mikeloms take on Bhuddism?

The answer, which is non-verifiable with words, is realized on the INSIDE.

No amount of proof will help if you have no frame of reference for that sort of info.
  3. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    13 Mar '11 14:01
    Since you asked, I will try, but please be patient with me. Most of our communicating is actually done through our body language (with the aid of words), so the absence of our physicalities is going to make this more difficult for me than if we were one to one in the flesh.

I say "spiritual evolution" because evolution has only physical connotations ...[text shortened]... e, will be back in 30 mins to finish this answer)
    I just wanted to add to this that while science has accepted in theory that the universe is not static, it has not yet become common knowledge amongst laymen.

Quantum has raised more questions that it has answered, but as far as the average guy on the street is concerned , they live their lives as if they are mortals, in fear of death and generally not very interested in putting in some hard work to find the root cause of their condititon.

Spirituality is not a weekend hobby for those that are serious about finding answers. It is a full time "occcupation" that one one incorporate into their daily lives . Thats the whole point of non-dualism: There is no this and that.

Thats why one must take on a wholistic premise and follow it through to its logical conclusions.
    To externalize "spirituality" is to fall into error from the outset.

Thank you 🙂
  4. Joined
    02 Jan '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 00:22
    Originally posted by Penguin
    [b]Stephen Hawking has never admitted the existance of aliens. Can you reference a quote where he has. I think he believes that it is quite likely that they exist (as do I, at least I hope they do) but that they have never visited dues to being hundreds/thousands/milliions of likelyears away. UFO's he does not believe in.
    Wait a second. Hawkins believes in other life forms, or at least thinks it likely they exist, but disputes the notion that God exists? What exactly is the difference?
  5. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 05:20
    Originally posted by whodey
    Wait a second. Hawkins believes in other life forms, or at least thinks it likely they exist, but disputes the notion that God exists? What exactly is the difference?
    Whats the difference between aliens and God?

Are you kidding?

I guess when aliens appeared to more primitive societies, they were revered as gods, but other than that, I can see no similarities.
    What does "God" mean to you? Is there anything outside of "God"?
  6. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 06:10
    No amount of proof will help if you have no frame of reference for that sort of info.
    And once again I must emphasize that your claim that 1000 new yorkers saw a UFO is not proof. It is heresay.
    Even if 1000 New Yorkers saw a UFO, it wouldn't support a case for aliens without considerably more information, but
    I am willing to bet that 1000 New Yorkers did not see a UFO or claim to have done and the story is manufactured.
  7. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 07:41
    And once again I must emphasize that your claim that 1000 new yorkers saw a UFO is [b]not proof. It is heresay.
    Even if 1000 New Yorkers saw a UFO, it wouldn't support a case for aliens without considerably more information, but
    I am willing to bet that 1000 New Yorkers did not see a UFO or claim to have done and the story is manufactured.[/b]
    No worries, you are prolly right. Just like you would be right to claim that no inteligent life exists on other planets(not that you have claimed this), however, in a seemingly endless universe it would seem more probable than not that intalligent life exists on other planets. (I believe a fair few scientific types have claimed this)

It is similar with ufo sightings. The sheer number of ufo sightings and abduction reports would suggest that something is happenning (since the 50's) , on such a huge scale, that has not been reported before.

John .E. Mack, a psychiatry professor from Harvard has put his reputation on the line and published a book called "Abduction".
    His conclusions, after many direct studies of supposed abductions have led him to believe that if all these people that he has studied aren't being abducted by aliens, then there is some major , weirda$$ psycic phenomenom going on that has affected the lives of literally thousands of (often) ordinary people , that nearly all tell similar stories and have similar scars,etc. that point to some weird thing happenning which, to a mind such as mine, could be explained by alien abduction most easily.
    I mean are all these people just making up similar stories by the thousands for the hell of it? Why would professor Mack invest years of his life into studying these phenemena if they were just people making it up ?

Something is going on, and more and more credible people are comiing out and claiming similar experiences .
    Anyway, you make up your own mind, I will keep mine open.
  8. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 08:01
    No worries, you are prolly right. Just like you would be right to claim that no inteligent life exists on other planets(not that you have claimed this), however, in a seemingly endless universe it would seem more probable than not that intalligent life exists on other planets. (I believe a fair few scientific types have claimed this).
    I do not know whether there is intelligent life on other planets. I think it is entirely possible.

It is similar with ufo sightings. The sheer number of ufo sightings and abduction reports would suggest that something is happenning (since the 50's) , on such a huge scale, that has not been reported before.
    And here, I disagree with you. I think the number of UFO sightings tells us more about psychology than about aliens. As for you 'has not been reported before' comment, that has more to do with modern media than an actual increase in incidents.

John .E. Mack, a psychiatry professor from Harvard has put his reputation on the line and published a book called "Abduction".
    He isn't putting his reputation on the line, hes making money. If he wanted to put his reputation on the line he would have tried to get published in a peer reviewed science journal.

I mean are all these people just making up similar stories by the thousands for the hell of it? Why would professor Mack invest years of his life into studying these phenemena if they were just people making it up ?
    So he can make money selling his book.

Something is going on, and more and more credible people are comiing out and claiming similar experiences .
    Anyway, you make up your own mind, I will keep mine open.

Your mind is not open. You have already made up your mind and will not listen to any counter evidence. You even go to the extent of interpreting evidence as in favor of your position even when it isn't. You even go to the extent of deliberately claiming things that you know are likely false because you think they support your beliefs. That is not an 'open mind'.
    Admit it. You don't really believe that 1000 New Yorkers saw a UFO. You either made that up or at least suspect that somebody else did. You have made no attempts to back up the claim, but instead resorted to accusations of me being 'closed minded' and finally to trying to look for totally separate evidence.

Now let me ask you this:
    Given all the reports of UFOs that you mention, what reasons do you have for believing that they are a result of aliens? Why not angels, devils, mad scientists, elves or countless other possible explanations?
  9. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 08:23
    I do not know whether there is intelligent life on other planets. I think it is entirely possible.

[b]It is similar with ufo sightings. The sheer number of ufo sightings and abduction reports would suggest that something is happenning (since the 50's) , on such a huge scale, that has not been reported before.

And here, I disagree with you. I think ...[text shortened]... not angels, devils, mad scientists, elves or countless other possible explanations?[/b]
    with regards to the 1000 people that witnessed a ufo over New York recently, I came across the info on my ufo internet site. I just reported it like I heard it. I leave it upto the reader to accept my sincerity and honesty in re-reporting this info.

It could be all crap, I will not dismiss it in the light of other direct info that I've come across.

Why not angels, devils, mad scientists, elves or countless other possible explanations? Well they could all be true because we have no proper definitions of angels, devils, mad scientists or elves.
    It is claimed that these daemons (not demons) can manifest themselves into whatever they want.

Please bear in mind that since I have witnessed what I believe to be a ufo-type craft in broad daylight I have changed my mind on what these phenomena may entail.
    When I saw it , I felt an inner correlation to my chakras to its flight path.

Let me ask you this: Why have you not commented on my repeated insistence that the "inner experience" is the driving force behind these outer phenomenom and not the specualtion about the outer phenomena themselves?
    you know what I mean?
  10. Cape Town
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 08:59
    It could be all crap, I will not dismiss it in the light of other direct info that I've come across.
    You have direct info that 1000 people in New York saw a UFO? Or you have direct info about something related that makes that claim more plausible?

Why not angels, devils, mad scientists, elves or countless other possible explanations? Well they could all be true because we have no proper definitions of angels, devils, mad scientists or elves.
    It is claimed that these daemons (not demons) can manifest themselves into whatever they want.

You are not answering the question.

Let me ask you this: Why have you not commented on my repeated insistence that the "inner experience" is the driving force behind these outer phenomenom and not the specualtion about the outer phenomena themselves?
    you know what I mean?

I have not commented because I do not know what you mean. Are you saying that through inner experience you know that 1000 people in New York witnessed a UFO? Or are you saying that could all be crap and you would still repeat it as truth because of your inner experience? Or are you saying that the 1000 people in New York had an 'inner experience' that generated imaginary UFOs for them to witness?
    I seriously haven't got a clue what you are talking about.
  11. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 09:541 edit
    You have direct info that 1000 people in New York saw a UFO? Or you have direct info about something related that makes that claim more plausible?

[b]Why not angels, devils, mad scientists, elves or countless other possible explanations? Well they could all be true because we have no proper definitions of angels, devils, mad scientists or elves.
    It is inary UFOs for them to witness?
    I seriously haven't got a clue what you are talking about.
    You win .

I have tried to get you to get you in touch with your inner self.

All this outer phenomenom means jack.

Silly me.
    My simplistic, altruistic nature will only get so far and only with some people.

Until the next round , dear twitehead 🙂
  12. Milton Keynes, UK
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 10:21
    A UFO is an "unidentified flying object", so ANY flying object that has not been identified is a UFO. It does not automatically mean it is an alien being. Therefore, UFOs certainly do exist.

As for life on other planets, it is certainly possible. If in this solar system (aside from Earth), it will most likely be microscopic. Any other life which have the intelligence to develop technologies for space travel will be light years away at least. Based on our knowledge of physics, the probabilities of these life forms reaching Earth will be small (although still possible if they use some kind nuclear pulse propulsion methods).

As for how much life is out there, we simply don't know. We can just speculate what kinds of stars have a planet within its "Goldilocks Zone". One that can potentially sustain life.
  13. Joined
    01 Jun '06
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 12:13
    with regards to the 1000 people that witnessed a ufo over New York recently, I came across the info on my ufo internet site. I just reported it like I heard it. I leave it upto the reader to accept my sincerity and honesty in re-reporting this info.

It could be all crap, I will not dismiss it in the light of other direct info that I've come across. ...[text shortened]... nomenom and not the specualtion about the outer phenomena themselves?
    you know what I mean?

Can you at least give us a link to the page?

Can you elaborate on this experience (unfortunately, personal experience is known to be extremely subjective and unreliable so we will probably end up ignoring it)?

That's very convenient. Who claims this and do they have any basis for their claim?

Please bear in mind that since I have witnessed what I believe to be a ufo-type craft in broad daylight I have changed my mind on what these phenomena may entail.
    When I saw it , I felt an inner correlation to my chakras to its flight path.

What is a chakra? How would we measure it or demonstrate that it actually exists?

Let me ask you this: Why have you not commented on my repeated insistence that the "inner experience" is the driving force behind these outer phenomenom and not the speculation about the outer phenomena themselves?
    you know what I mean?

I have to agree with TWhitehead. I can't see how you are defining 'inner experience'. You seem to be saying that the physical universe is entirely a figment of our imagination.

Various philosophers have attempted to derive truth by pure thought and they have only ever found useful information when their truths are tested against external phenomena. This eventually evolved into the modern scientific method.

--- Penguin.
  14. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 21:41
    Originally posted by lausey
    A UFO is an "unidentified flying object", so ANY flying object that has not been identified is a UFO. It does not automatically mean it is an alien being. Therefore, UFOs certainly do exist.

As for life on other planets, it is certainly possible. If in this solar system (aside from Earth), it will most likely be microscopic. Any other life which have the i ...[text shortened]... s have a planet within its "Goldilocks Zone". One that can potentially sustain life.
    Ufo has come to mean specifically one of two things.

1. An advanced areial craft or apparition in the air pilotted ,(or actually is beings),by beings from another planet. (Sorry about the lazy wording of that sentence.I'm sure you get it)

2. An advanced aerial craft pilotted by humans, ( secret government stuff)

"Life" can be more than just physical, or so it is postulated by myself and others.
    In the absence of the need for physical systems to support life there may be life on the higher, non-physical dimensions . I believe some are claiming "life" on Venus, but we will never find it because we are looking in the wrong place.
  15. Standard memberkaroly aczel
    The Axe man
    Brisbane,QLD
    Moves
    14 Mar '11 22:05
    Originally posted by Penguin
    [b]with regards to the 1000 people that witnessed a ufo over New York recently, I came across the info on my ufo internet site. I just reported it like I heard it. I leave it upto the reader to accept my sincerity and honesty in re-reporting this info.

Can you at least give us a link to the page?

It could be all crap, I will not dismiss it in t ...[text shortened]... nal phenomena. This eventually evolved into the modern scientific method.

--- Penguin.
    You can see I cant even answer questions point by point, like you guys. But I will try.

1.I will make a concerted effort to find the weblink to this ufo report. Other than Stephen Hawking making some positive, revealing assertions about aliens, this New York sighting is claimed to be the most significant report on ufo's in 2010.

2.I've had many encounters with what I think is bonafide E.T.'s . (please note the the difference between "alien" and "Extra-Terrestrial". It is a very important, significant and powerful distinction.)
    Other than one braod a daylight sighting,(of a ufo), and numerous telepathic experiences, I've seen other one off weird stuff, like time changing, apparitions and a few other inner feelings that I could only make light of in relation to my other (E.T.) experiences.

3.Many people through the ages have claimed to have seen "shape-shifters" (daemons).
    If you really want to pursue this line of enquiry, I would suggest we sart with the word "witch".

4.What is a chakra? It is a well documented serious of energy points that run throught your spine, starting at the perrenium and finishing just above the head.
    (I believe there are 8 chakras and 4 sub-chakras, or something like that). I'm not sure how we would measure it but it's existence can clearly be percieved by people who are in tune with this stuff. (I have a fine example if you want me to elaborate)

5.I would've agreed with twitehead before the series of telepathic experiences that basically "forced" me to make a decision whether to keep going with my "head" or my "heart". I have chosen the latter. This was nearly ten years ago. That choice has led me to places and experiences that would not have been possible without making that choice.

I could elaborate on these points so much more, but for the sake of brevity ,(and common sense), I have treid to keep my answers brief. I will attempt to answer any furthur enquiries to the best of my ability.

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.I Agree