Ghost hunters

Ghost hunters

Spirituality

Cookies help us deliver our Services. By using our Services or clicking I agree, you agree to our use of cookies. Learn More.

l

Milton Keynes, UK

Moves
15 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by karoly aczel
I believe some are claiming "life" on Venus, but we will never find it because we are looking in the wrong place.
I have a feeling you are getting planets mixed up. If there is life on any planet in this solar system (apart from Earth), it is most likely to be Mars, and will be microscopic. Venus is far too volatile.

EDIT: I stand corrected. 😕

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/3746583.stm

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
15 Mar 11
1 edit

Originally posted by lausey
I have a feeling you are getting planets mixed up. If there is life on any planet in this solar system (apart from Earth), it is most likely to be Mars, and will be microscopic. Venus is far too volatile.

EDIT: I stand corrected. 😕

http://news.bbc.co.uk/1/hi/3746583.stm
The info I have here is that in the higher, non-physical dimensions there is life on Venus.

Tell you the truth, this is one of the far out claims I know hardly anything about.

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
16 Mar 11

Was that during the night or day?
Night

Can't win a game of

38N Lat X 121W Lon

Moves
16 Mar 11

I give some (Some) explanation to top secret craft being flown and tested. People saw the stealth F-117 for years before it was released. A black triangular shaped craft flying around. Does not explain it all however. What I saw was a fiery orange in color. It appeared to stay in one spot then shot off and incredible speed.

Manny

P

Moves
16 Mar 11
1 edit

The info I have here is that in the higher, non-physical dimensions there is life on Venus.

Tell you the truth, this is one of the far out claims I know hardly anything about.
And neither do the people making the claim!

I don't think anyone has yet demonstrated the existence of dimensions beyond the 3 space and 1 time that we know and love. I know string theory and various others require extra dimensions but as far as I am aware, these have not yet been demonstrated through experiment.

If they do exist, then they are not 'non-physical'.

And given that we don't even have evidence of their existence, I think it a little speculative to start talking about their life supporting properties.

As a clue, I think if anyone mentions the terms 'non physical' or 'higher' when talking about 'dimensions' or 'planes', I think your default response should be that they are talking utter crap.

Where did you read this info?

--- Penguin.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Mar 11

Originally posted by menace71
Night
You would have to admit that night time viewings are much harder to discern than viewings in broad daylight with no clouds.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Mar 11

Originally posted by menace71
I give some (Some) explanation to top secret craft being flown and tested. People saw the stealth F-117 for years before it was released. A black triangular shaped craft flying around. Does not explain it all however. What I saw was a fiery orange in color. It appeared to stay in one spot then shot off and incredible speed.

Manny
Was any acceleration apparent? Or did it just shoot off without any apparent speeding up?

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Mar 11
2 edits

Originally posted by Penguin
And neither do the people making the claim!

I don't think anyone has yet demonstrated the existence of dimensions beyond the 3 space and 1 time that we know and love. I know string theory and various others require extra dimensions but as far as I am aware, these have not yet been demonstrated through experiment.

If they do exist, then they are not 'no e that they are talking utter crap.

Where did you read this info?

--- Penguin.
My claim is that when you dream, you are experiencing the fourth dimension.

Lucid dreamers know this.

If you want to explore "higher" dimensions, lets just start with this claim,eh?

(If we were only 3 dimensional then we would be like rocks, we need the power of animation to "breathe" life into our three dimensional,physical bodies. )

How one cannot grasp that dreams are clearly not played out in the third dimension is beyond me- it would seem self evident from my viewpoint, but I have had posters tell me that dreaming happens in the third dimension, so it seems I will have to start at the start. Which I am quite happy to do, if you wish to follow my line of reasoning.

ps. in my belief system "heaven" is actually the fifth dimension.
Also there are infinite possibilities contained within each preceeding dimension,ie. there are infinite points along a line (1st and second dimension), there are infinite permutations of lines( two dimensions) that can be put within the third dimension , and so on.
please note, I am still working on the fourth dimension , which has twelve sub-divisions, as do all the dimensions.
12 dimensions, 12 sub divisions of each dimension.
(comes to a total of 144 possible "places" for one to inhabit)

Rather, than asking me for my scource info, why dont you have a think about it yourself, and see if YOU think there is some logical consistency in my claim(s)

P

Moves
17 Mar 11
1 edit

If you want to explore "higher" dimensions, lets just start with this claim,eh?

<snip lots of meaningless new-age rubbish>

Rather, than asking me for my scource info, why dont you have a think about it yourself, and see if YOU think there is some logical consistency in my claim(s)

Lucid dreamers are just conscious that they are dreaming and are thus able to exert control over the plotline of the dream. The dream itself is simply a story told out within the brain. I think I would give you slightly more credit if you said that consciousness was in another dimension but that is still meaningless since consciousness is simply 'what our brain does'. In a similar way that the game Final Fantasy cannot really be found in the program; the game is simply what the program does.

please note, I am still working on the fourth dimension , which has twelve sub-divisions, as do all the dimensions.

Sorry, what on Earth are you talking about?!?! Can you explain what that statement means when talking about the 3 spacial dimensions? You seem to be implying that there are only 3*12=36 possible locations within 3-dimensional space. That assertion is clearly ludicrous: there are orders of magnitude more possible locations within the 3-d space of a pin-head!

I can't see any logical consistancy in anything you wrote in that post but I would dearly love to see where you got such wacky ideas. Do you smoke prohibited substances?

--- Penguin.

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Mar 11

[b]My claim is that when you dream, you are experiencing the fourth dimension.

Lucid dreamers are just conscious that they are dreaming and are thus able to exert control over the plotline of the dream. The dream itself is simply a story told out within the brain. I think I would give you slightly more credit if you said t ...[text shortened]... ve to see where you got such wacky ideas. Do you smoke prohibited substances?

--- Penguin.[/b]
My whacky ideas are not fully developped.

In fact some of them are prolly downright wrong.
Hey, I dont know.

When I was asking you about the logical consistency, I was specifically referring to the dimensions. Like how you can find and infinite amount of points on one line, infinites amount of lines within a cube and so on.

P

Moves
17 Mar 11
1 edit

My whacky ideas are not fully developped.

In fact some of them are prolly downright wrong.
Hey, I dont know.

When I was asking you about the logical consistency, I was specifically referring to the dimensions. Like how you can find and infinite amount of points on one line, infinites amount of lines within a cube and so on.
My whacky ideas are not fully developped. In fact some of them are prolly downright wrong.
Hey, I dont know.

Unless you have solid independant evidence to support your ideas, I would suggest you consider them as almost certainly wrong.

Ok well here's one of your paragraphs:

Also there are infinite possibilities contained within each preceeding dimension,ie. there are infinite points along a line (1st and second dimension), there are infinite permutations of lines( two dimensions) that can be put within the third dimension , and so on. please note, I am still working on the fourth dimension , which has twelve sub-divisions, as do all the dimensions. 12 dimensions, 12 sub divisions of each dimension. (comes to a total of 144 possible "places" for one to inhabit)

Ok, so you start with each dimension being infinitely divisible along its length, ("there are infinite points along a line..." ), and then in the next sentence you state that there are 12 divisions in each dimension. There is no logical consistancy here.

Do you have any evidence for these 12 divisions? Does the premise of there being 12 divisions imply something we can actually test? Where did you get the idea of 12 divisions from?

--- Penguin

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
17 Mar 11

[b]My whacky ideas are not fully developped. In fact some of them are prolly downright wrong.
Hey, I dont know.

Unless you have solid independant evidence to support your ideas, I would suggest you consider them as almost certainly wrong.

Ok well here's one of your paragraphs:

Also there are infinite possibilities contained within each prece ...[text shortened]... thing we can actually test? Where did you get the idea of 12 divisions from?

--- Penguin
A book called "Nothing in this book is true, it is just how things are", by Bob Frissell

P

Moves
18 Mar 11

A book called "Nothing in this book is true, it is just how things are", by Bob Frissell
I think you need a bit of a tutorial on critical thinking and how to assess whether an idea has evidence from reality to back it up.

This xkcd cartoon is apropos: http://xkcd.com/808/

--- Penguin

ka
The Axe man

Brisbane,QLD

Moves
20 Mar 11

I think you need a bit of a tutorial on critical thinking and how to assess whether an idea has evidence from reality to back it up.

This xkcd cartoon is apropos: http://xkcd.com/808/

--- Penguin
Your not the first one to say that 🙂

I dont know if it would make a difference for you, but I first experienced this kind of stuff before I went hunting for books on the subject.
For me, the difference is immense.

I'm not about to look into your link, simply because I have limited credit and I would much rather check out ua41's bands version of "Bitchin' Camero" , than go there.

My critical thinking faculties are faulty. I know it.
One who realizes they are blind have one eye open already.

u
Sharp Edge

Dulling my blade

Moves
20 Mar 11
1 edit

I'm not about to look into your link, simply because I have limited credit and I would much rather check out ua41's bands version of "Bitchin' Camero" , than go there.
Bah, such a sloppy run of that song... inebriated nights. Wait 'til we get some actual recordings

"I. Space, my Lord, is height and breadth indefinitely prolonged.

Stranger. Exactly: you see you do not even know what Space is. You think it is of Two Dimensions only; but I have come to announce to you a Third--height, breadth, and length.

I. Your Lordship is pleased to be merry. We also speak of length and height, or breadth and thickness, thus denoting Two Dimensions by four names.

Stranger. But I mean not only three names, but Three Dimensions.

I. Would your Lordship indicate or explain to me in what direction is the Third Dimension, unknown to me?

Stranger. I came from it. It is up above and down below.

I. My Lord means seemingly that it is Northward and Southward.

Stranger. I mean nothing of the kind. I mean a direction in which you cannot look, because you have no eye in your side.

I. Pardon me, my Lord, a moment's inspection will convince your Lordship that I have a perfectly luminary at the juncture of my two sides.

Stranger. Yes: but in order to see into Space you ought to have an eye, not on your Perimeter, but on your side, that is, on what you would probably call your inside; but we in Spaceland should call it your side.

I. An eye in my inside! An eye in my stomach! Your Lordship jests.

Stranger. I am in no jesting humour. I tell you that I come from Space, or, since you will not understand what Space means, from the Land of Three Dimensions whence I but lately looked down upon your Plane which you call Space forsooth. From that position of advantage I discerned all that you speak of as solid (by which you mean "enclosed on four sides" ), your houses, your churches, your very chests and safes, yes even your insides and stomachs, all lying open and exposed to my view."

-Edwin Abbot's Flatland: A Romance of Many Dimensions